Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-13-2010, 12:12 AM Reply   
The show this year was MUCH smaller than years past but all the major vendors were in the same building. Having them all together was really handy when it is pouring rain outside. The general vibe of the show was that it was more of a get together for the vendors. The attitude this year is more to hang out and answer questions. The deals on the boats are great but there isn't the pressure of "BUY NOW" from everyone like I remember the last couple years. The best deals on gear are at the Nor Cal Mastercraft booth. Some products are marked down up to 40% and plus they have a buy one get 1/2 off the second deal. Rich was very helpful in getting gear picked out. I walked away with a ton of stuff.

Here are some of the pictures I took. There are more boats than I took pictures of.

Mastercraft booth pictures:
Very impressive Red flake / White X-25
Blue X-15 dash, monitor and tower camera (needs to be changed to reverse image camera)
Red / White X-45
Blue
Attached Images

Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-13-2010, 12:26 AM Reply   
Malibu Booth:
All white LSV 23 (my favorite boat of the show) and the row of Malibu's
White / Gray VLX
Black / Blue Ride Series. I like the new graphics and is the best bang for the buck of the show for a 2010
Red / Black VLX
White / Blue LSV 23
Release knob for new Malibu tower

Talk to Amy if you have a question on a Malibu. She can find your answer and is very helpful.
Attached Images

Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-13-2010, 12:33 AM Reply   
Axis Wake Research A22

The vinyl is thinner than in a Malibu and the accent pieces are not made of as nice of a material. I guess to get the price that low you have to give somewhere. Nice boat and very functional.
Attached Images

Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-13-2010, 12:38 AM Reply   
Nautique

Blue / White Team 210
White / Blue / Black Team 220
Red / White Team 230
Attached Images

Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-13-2010, 12:43 AM Reply   
Centurion and Sacramento's newest dealer Mello Marine. Go talk to Mike.

Enzo Surf SV240
Another Enzo?
Attached Images

Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-13-2010, 12:54 AM Reply   
Is that a FCT 2 on that 220?
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-13-2010, 12:57 AM Reply   
MB Sports. Mike Brendel himself on hand to answer your questions.

TOMCAT 21
Team Wide Body. The interior grows every time I look at this boat. Once inside I think I am in a 23 footer.
TOMCAT 23
Attached Images

Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-13-2010, 1:05 AM Reply   
Supra. Closest dealer to Sacramento is Z Marine in Reno.

Supra 22SSV with new dash design. I love the 22SSV and 24SSV but don't like the new seat layout.. no love seat. I think this is an option but I really like the love seat better. I didn't get a pic.
Attached Images

Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-13-2010, 1:09 AM Reply   
Sanger

V215
Attached Images

Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-13-2010, 1:17 AM Reply   
A surprise from Cobalt

23' WSS. I like the extra bar added for mounting tower accessories. The rod going from the center rear of the tower diagonal to the left is for storing the rope and handle while not in use. Who wants to design and build this mount for the Wetsounds so it can be used on a round tube tower?
Attached Images

Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-13-2010, 4:30 AM Reply   
Nice coverage!
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-13-2010, 7:41 AM Reply   
Man,not a bad lookin one in the bunch,nice coverage....but where is the Sanger V230?

Great pics by the way.

*goes out to throw rocks at my own boat*
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-13-2010, 9:21 AM Reply   
Great pics!!!! thanks.
Old     (FreeRider209)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-13-2010, 12:48 PM Reply   
Thanks Ben. Nice pics.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-13-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
Sweet pics. Thanks for sharing!
Old     (bmcgorrin)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-13-2010, 3:22 PM Reply   
Nice job with the pictures. I went for a couple of hours yesterday.

There was no Sanger V230, just a V215 and a V237. Both nice looking boats but the V215 had the better color scheme in my opinion.

It was nice seeing what all the manufacturers had to offer and they had several factory reps who were there just to show you all the new features. Worth the price of admission.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-13-2010, 5:56 PM Reply   
This year was a little bigger than last year. glad to see that things are looking a little better with the boating community.

Great pictures Ben... I took my camera today but didn't need to touch up on anything that you did or left out. I'm glad I got free tickets to the show because after reviewing these pictures, you really don't need to go.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-13-2010, 7:09 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone!

I went back again today to pick up a few things for some friends and to meet up with some other people who couldn't make it out yesterday. Today was a much better day and all the vendors reported selling more than a few boats this morning. I'm glad to see things picking up in the marine market. I picked up a wetsuit so I'm ready to ride tomorrow morning.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-13-2010, 7:31 PM Reply   
Yeah we were there today too, again not as big as in the past but hey it was a show and something to do. Went to the Nor Cal Mastercraft booth as well and my wife runs into Raquel Hoffman. Man i think they chatted for like 45 minutes! She ended up buying a new CWB Raquel recommended. Geez! But they did give her a killer deal and Raquel gave her all kinds of tips and autographed the new board for her.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-14-2010, 6:32 AM Reply   
It was great getting to see old friends at the show today, Sounded like some product was moved so that is good.

Don't know what was the better moment ?
1 chatting with Tonis about his new babygirl
2 The kid starting up the VLX in the middle of the show.................lol .....Testing Malibu's new run dry protection...lol

Great to see everybody and looking forward to a GREAT year !
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-14-2010, 8:05 AM Reply   
Did the 230 SAN sell? Heading out there this morning, and if they're selling it for $64k like reported in the wakeboarding forum, it's going to be awfully tempting to upgrade the '02 210!
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       03-14-2010, 6:08 PM Reply   
Was a bit disappointed in the show, but had fun looking at all the sick boats nonetheless. I as actually impressed with the paint schemes by mb, but i really liked the red/black VLX.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-14-2010, 9:59 PM Reply   
I thought it was a decent show.. was great to see buds and hang out with friends.. my favorite boat there was the X25... hands down badass.. although I could never get myself to spend that much money on a boat... its crazy.. standing inside that boat it feels like you are in a 23 foot boat but the boat is 21.7.. it blew my mind.. the storage was amazing...

After all said and done, if I had to buy something tomorrow, I would go with the black and white v237...
Attached Images

Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2010, 5:28 AM Reply   
Ditto on the X-25. Hands down it was the most impressive to the wife and I as well. $85k "boat show pricing" though...ouch.
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-18-2010, 8:40 PM Reply   
The gray and white F21 was uber nice. It was nice being able to talk to Mike Brendel himself.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-19-2010, 7:29 AM Reply   
That MB is sic, I wish I knew someone who had one around here.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-19-2010, 7:45 AM Reply   
I looked at the MC X25 in Dallas. It was awesome but for the $90K price tag and the MC Dash (not a big fan of all of the metal. I wish you could buy with out all of the bling). If $ were not a concern, it would probably be my next boat if I stayed with a 22ft.

Also, never been on an MB, but that boat looks great!
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-19-2010, 4:11 PM Reply   
Sweet pics. Thanks for sharing!

Awsome
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-20-2010, 6:31 PM Reply   
Another Supra dealership to look at is Liquid Wrenches in Livermore California. In fact, they were the ones who brought that 2010 Launch 22v. I was looking at that boat along with the F21 Tomcat.
Old     (pip9ball)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-20-2010, 9:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot View Post
That MB is sic, I wish I knew someone who had one around here.
Where is around here? I live in El Dorado Hills and have a 2010 MB TWB.

-P
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-21-2010, 9:16 AM Reply   
I got to the boat show late Sunday afternoon.

The MB TWB is such a nice boat. Definitely an amazing boat per dollar. It was also a treat to talk with Mike Brendella in person.

The Centurion tower was interesting. I like the look but its made from a lot of parts so I would be somewhat concerned with the durability.

The BU boats are getting less interesting to me every year. Nice interiors. Fair wakes. Ugly windshield and tower. Silly cut outs on gunwales.

The MC boats got little of my attention just because I was short on time. Is that X25 a new boat? It does look nice.

The CC 210 and 220 are still very nice wake producers.

Time to test ride and decide. A new boat will be at my dock this year!