Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-24-2011, 8:22 AM Reply   
Well gas is @ $ 4 bucks again ,it;s time for solar,,,how long are we going to wait?
Old    SamIngram            09-24-2011, 10:02 AM Reply   
Until an entrepreneur decides that enough demand is present and they can figure out how to make it economically feasible without government subsidy... that's how long. We won't use it until it makes sense to do so... along with all the other alternative forms of energy in the works...

Compressed Natural Gas cost $2/gallon at the public station this morning and $1.69 at my house, why don't you use that?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-24-2011, 12:52 PM Reply   
Gas is only 3.33 in TN.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-24-2011, 2:34 PM Reply   
I have been in the commercial solar industry for close to 10 years. Two months ago we did our first project with no government subsidies.

If your question is when will solar be viable without subsidies, the answer is now. (California utility rates)
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-24-2011, 8:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeski View Post
I have been in the commercial solar industry for close to 10 years. Two months ago we did our first project with no government subsidies.

If your question is when will solar be viable without subsidies, the answer is now. (California utility rates)
im sure the increased regulation on fossil fuels causes a subside like effect for alternative "green" energy technologies. due to the increase in price of fossil fuels from having to meet strict regulations the price is probably higher than it needs to be.
Old    SamIngram            09-25-2011, 3:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeski View Post

Details please... I bet either a tax incentive, government back loan, or a government subsidized company is involved. The solar industry experienced a major set-back from the federal government in the form of the Solyndra scandal. Others are going to fall too, I would guess that First Solar of Mesa, AZ falls soon...

It is not the government's job to be "GROWING" "SOLAR FARMS"... at least not "DA GREEN HOUSE"'s.

The government's (I assume the "DA GREEN HOUSE" represents the federal government) job is the following:

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;
To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;
To establish a uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;
To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;
To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;
To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;
To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;
To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;
To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;
To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
To provide and maintain a Navy;
To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And
To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Anything beyond that is unconstitutional... no where is "farming" mentioned...

Furthermore, there is NO NEED for solar energy. We have one of the best sources of alternative energy already developed and have had it for decades. The problem is that it will be extremely hard for new players to be made rich through a controlled market of graft, greed, and a market where the government picks who the winners and losers are...

The answer is Thorium. Of course Moose, you won't take the time to read about it, will you?? The Chinese are building Thorium molten-salt reactors and they are doing it in India too...
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-24-2011, 8:23 PM Reply   
Finlly Mikeski got it right ...THE ANSWER IS NOW.
LET TURN THAT WHITE HOUSE ,,,INTO DA GREEN HOUSE
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-24-2011, 9:58 PM Reply   
If Obama announced a plan to move toward natural gas to power vehicles then gas would be $2.50 a gallon within a few months.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-24-2011, 10:02 PM Reply   
Just tjink instead of drilling that well in the gulf and the clean up ,,,,HOW MANY SOLAR FARMS COULD OF BE GROWING BY NOW???
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-25-2011, 3:54 PM Reply   
When it comes to nuclear it is funny that the only reason our plants where originally made with uranium reactors is because the waste products it weapons grade plutonium. We picked out our fuel based on the ability to recycle it into bombs...

I agree, thorium is the future.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-26-2011, 5:40 AM Reply   
I never could wrap my head around the idea that solor panels are going to help me at the gas pump? Can someone please explain this one to me?

I guess if I drive one of these it will help

Old    SamIngram            09-26-2011, 11:02 AM Reply   
Will the same thing happen to those people who have solar panels??

Authorities in the northwestern Lower Peninsula are considering whether to levy a tax on septic tank owners to cover unexpected losses at a $7.8 million plant that treats their sewage.

Here in Arizona, the Corporation Commission, regulates utility rate adjustments, and it is in the Arizona Constitution that the power companies have the right to raise prices in order to maintain a set profit. If everyone switches to solar power we will all have to pay higher utility rates to offset the utility company's losses through less demand. Therefore, the consumer is left paying the same amount per house or more every year no matter what they do. If everyone were to insulate their house to save energy, the rates just go up to offset the cost.

We should be fighting all this crazy regulation, not supporting it. Next we will be taxed the miles that we don't drive or the food that we don't eat.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-26-2011, 12:08 PM Reply   
I bought gas for 2.98 today
Old    SamIngram            09-26-2011, 3:22 PM Reply   
I'm paying $1.69 as I type... in my parking spot at work...
Attached Images

Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-26-2011, 8:40 PM Reply   
I paid $3.27 in the Memphis area yesterday and I heard on the radio today that we are paying almost a dollar more for fuel this year than this same time last year. Hard to believe, how quickly we can be re-programmed to appreciate $3.xx for a gallon of gas.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-26-2011, 8:42 PM Reply   
Sam, is that a compressor for that natural gas meter? What do you burn it in?
Old    SamIngram            09-27-2011, 9:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardingdad View Post
Sam, is that a compressor for that natural gas meter? What do you burn it in?
Yes! Most of my timber work trucks are Fords with V10's in them and all run CNG and gas. We do have a couple newer Dodge diesels and I have an old 12 Valve Dodge, but everything else is CNG.

That picture is the parking lot of the appraisal business that I work at. We have six of them in the parking lot. I have an 2006 8.1L 2500 Suburban and a 2009 Ford Fiesta that both have CNG conversions and can run on either gas or CNG. CNG is the way to go in my opinion. Many, many people in the state of Utah run CNG, I think they must have some kind of rebate program going on in that state beyond what the feds will pay, because they are very, very common there.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-26-2011, 9:09 PM Reply   
Sam and Ray you both Suck ...come to Carlsbad were the gas is $3.99.9 + can we now get reid of the .9 ,,,dose it real matter,we'll give ya the extra .1,, you need it
Attached Images

Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-26-2011, 9:13 PM Reply   
Or i can just drive my other car
Attached Images

Old    SamIngram            09-27-2011, 4:14 PM Reply   
Company Aims To Create Renewable Electricity…From Poop!
Old    SamIngram            09-28-2011, 11:15 AM Reply   
Obama admin approves 2 solar loans worth $1B