Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old    stoked27            08-08-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
Just found a long, but thin crack in my '04 premier today. I know that it's not going to last long after I start hitting rails with it in a couple weeks. I was going to just buy another board so I have it on hand if it breaks, but how long will it be until the new line comes out? Personally, I really...really don't like the '06 Premier's graphics, so I might just wait for the new model. When will we get to see them?
Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-08-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
go check out some of the posts. people are saying harf wont be with hyperlite anymore...same with parks. i dont know if its true. but if it is im not sure there will be another premier. or maybe there will be. im not sure
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-08-2006, 1:03 PM Reply   
They will probably use the same shape, but it won't be Danny's board any longer. Both he and Chad Sharpe are riding Ronix. Last year Hyperlite was the last to come to market(of the big 3) with it's '07 gear. I think they were finally shipping in like late January with a few exceptions for certain product.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-08-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
I've heard runors that Hyp might be bringing production back over to the US for some of its higher end boards due to that problem (late shipping)... in the past, they were always the first to hit the market, but their overseas manufacturing of current has really affected that.

Here's hoping.
Old    stoked27            08-08-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
If they were to get rid of the Premier, but keep the same shape, would anything physically change on the board? Or would it just be the name and graphics and stuff? I don't know how they do that stuff (if Danny Harf could have copyrighted that design, or if Hyperlite would be required to change something about the design, etc.) I really don't know how that stuff works out between the manufacturer and the rider.

If anyone knows anything about the new boards, I'm really interested. Thanks.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-08-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
Danny owns nothing at Hyperlite, no rider does. Look at O'brien, they still sell Randy Harris' shape, the funny thing about that one is that Thruster sold the same shape and now Gator is selling it too. Twenty bucks says that as soon as it goes from the Danny Harf board to the "Projectile" or whatever they call it, sales drop 50%. Danny sells boards, they lost big time on that one.
Old     (cawakeboarder12)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-08-2006, 5:15 PM Reply   
The premier was Parks before Danny had it
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-08-2006, 5:28 PM Reply   
parks board was a bad ass board...it was not even a premier...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-08-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
the original premier was a ripoff and a butchered version of the bad ass mold.
Old     (juiced4ever)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-09-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
Wake tech actually shaped Harris board and thruster bought the mold. You would be suprised how much this actually happens.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-09-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
C, thats retarded. Dany was on Hype long before Parks and the Premier came out two years before Parks ever rode for Hype. Umali has it right. Credit another Herb, Herbie Fletcher for creating the first molded fin board.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-09-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
whats the "bad ass mold"

original byerly?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-09-2006, 1:34 PM Reply   
"Bad Ass" was a previous board and binding company.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-09-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Ever heard of AstroDeck? http://www.astrodeck.com/

Well it was started by Herbie Fletcher (legendary surfer) and his son Christian (one of the original aerial surfers). They branched into wake gear and called their product Bad Ass wakeboards. They had some sick riders and everyone from Byerly, Parks, Pat Panakos, Steve Wahlman, Gator, Randy Harris and on and on rode their boots. Then they made the board with the molded fins and it was jacked by Hyperlite. Too bad too their stuff was revolutionary.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-09-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
Interesting, I had never heard of that company, Im too newb.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-09-2006, 2:22 PM Reply   
I have an original BAD ASS POD finless that I was just going to ebay this week. In perfect shape. It was a sick shape that fletcher designed and Gator, Byerly, and Harris took and used.
Old     (moradaboardin)      Join Date: May 2005       08-12-2006, 4:55 PM Reply   
back to the topic, the premier wont be changing shape or name. As for the graphic i think the new one is much better looking, but thats just my opinion. And anodyne there is no way in hell hyp is producing in the US this year hopefully they will iron out the china production they do have a new shipping polocy this year but motion watersports is horrible at shipping so dont expect much.
Old     (sidewayz)      Join Date: May 2006       08-13-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
There actually will be a few products from both HO and Hyperlite being produced in the US this year, But yes the majority of boards will still be made in China. As far as the shipping problems go, Hyperlite has made actual commitments to their dealers so Everyone should get their product on time! Stay stolked on the HL The stuff looks great and this is just the beginining.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-13-2006, 2:55 PM Reply   
i'm guessin that as each hype board shape seems to change every 2 years that the 3ds will have a new shape for 07?

i'm asking this cause i tried the 06 3ds the other day and got on pretty well with it, but wondered if its gettin improved again so should probably wait to see what they come up with.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-14-2006, 8:56 AM Reply   
i remember badass from back in the day, i posted about them a while ago wondering what happend to them. i remember seeing there boards and meeting some of their riders in 1999
Old     (john32)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-14-2006, 1:59 PM Reply   
Everyone is going nuts on Danny leaving Hyperlite. My question is, who is going to ride for? or is he starting his own company from scratch?
Old     (tsteeb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-14-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
it looks like danny is riding for ronix there are a bunch of posts and articles on here about it
Old     (waketac)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2006, 3:50 AM Reply   
@ Harry: The 3DS board will have the same shape in 07 like in 06. Only change is there will be a layer of wood under the top sheet, that can be seen in a part of the top graphics.
Not really much change.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-15-2006, 6:46 AM Reply   
buffalow, don't sell that classic! i still have my bad ass motorhead 135. i'm never selling that thing.

quote:

By entrust clothing (entrustclothing) on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 8:56 am:

i remember badass from back in the day, i posted about them a while ago wondering what happend to them. i remember seeing there boards and meeting some of their riders in 1999

bad ass boards used to be pressed by hyperlite. from what i understand, they had a verbal agreement that hyperlite would simply press boards for bad ass (for a fee, of course) and agreed that they wouldn't take the molds and put their name on it. well, they technically didn't, but took it, butchered it, and came out w/ the premier 135. when that happened, bad ass took their molds to blindside to have them press. they did that for 1 year and folded shortly.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-15-2006, 6:49 AM Reply   
Butchered it as in you think the old Hyperlite Premier is a piece of junk?
Old     (toby_yeo)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-15-2006, 6:51 AM Reply   
when will we be seeing the 07 products from hyperlite?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-15-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
no, i didn't think it was a piece of junk. it was definitely a good board, just not nearly as good as the bad ass. if you were to put the 2 boards side by side, you'd see the differences.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-15-2006, 2:29 PM Reply   
wakemark,

does that mean the 3ds will have kept the same shape for 3 years in a row? its thats the case i'm just gonna get the 06 soon cause they'll be discounting..
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-15-2006, 3:12 PM Reply   
What is this??? A sneak preview I found on wakeside?? What are those extra holes near the center of the board?? Interesting channel down the middle as well.

http://www.wakeside.com/img/headers/news_header.jpg
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-15-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
Its for the Byerly Lock to do noseslides.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-15-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
Cool. I thought it might be a diffent fin option mounting point thingie.