Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-19-2009, 12:42 PM Reply   
So I've been running 750's in my trunks for the past couple of season's using the overflow from the tanks to fill the sacks. This method works fairly well, but the sacks never get very full because they get a lot of air in them and the overflow is at the same height as the sack. I was also losing water as it was getting forced out the drain line of the tanks. I put a ball valve on the drain line and close it now when the sacks are filling which helps.

Does anybody know how to get the sacks to fill up all the way though? I don't know if I need a longer overflow tube that I can loop around or if I need to remove the divider between the trunks and the storage space in front of the trunks. I feel like that divider keeps the sacks from getting full as well. I haven't looked at it, but can I still attached the locker shock to the frame without that divider that it's normally attached to?

Thanks!
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-19-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
splice the hard tanks overflow/vent into the bags overflow/vent. ur bags should have 3 openings. fill, empty, and vent. vent should obviously be the highest and most toward the bow on the bags. also we spliced an additional drain pump for the bag itself into the stock drain for that side so for instance if i hit drain for rear stbd mls then it activates two drain pumps.
Old     (ouwake)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-19-2009, 4:27 PM Reply   
My friend uses black rubber plugs he bought and puts them in the side drain holes. It seems to work for him.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-20-2009, 6:54 AM Reply   
Ringo - That's interesting about splicing in an additional drain pump. Do you have a picture of that set up? Did you drill an additional drain thru hull or somehow tie into the existing one for the tank? Right now I have 3 openings in the sack but only use two...the front (closer to the bow) bottom one to fill which is from the overflow of the tank, and then an overflow on top of the sack that goes out the existing thru hull overflow built for the tank.

My problem isn't draining but rather just getting my bags to fill up all the way. I thought if I can put a bigger loop in the overflow from the sack then I could get more water in there. The problem is that it doesn't burp/vent well as it is and I'm not sure why.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-20-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
hmmmm i run an enzo bag in my rear port locker of an 07 ws lsv. your drain should be the bottom aft opening of the bag. your fill the top opening and the vent as stated before should be the most forward and top opening. the installation of a loop on the vent/overflow is a good idea. zip-tie it up in the gunnel above the vent outlet. many ballast auto fill or drain problems are fixed with simple gravity issues of only a few inches up or down depending on water levels.
Old     (scott44)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-21-2009, 8:58 AM Reply   
What I have done is take your fill line and go into the sack on top, add an extra pump at bottom of the sack to fill your factory ballast. Put a ball valve on the overflow line so you won't lose water through the over flow