Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-30-2008, 7:12 AM Reply   
This all starts with a board that I had the highest bid and won off of eBay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&it em=250292334843 Well the few days it took, the board came in on Friday afternoon. I picked it up at UPS and got it home, the box was in perfect condition from being sent across the U.S., I pulled the board out and still in the shrink wrap. Perfect, I set the board aside and dis mantle the box and get it in my recycle can to get taken away. I had a few things to do with clients then it was time to put the bindings on. I grab the board that was standing upright and get a pinch on my right hand. Looking at the board it seems it was placed somewhere then took a fall onto a sharp corner edge or something. There is three small nicks in the edge which caused the bottom to chip off in 3 areas. So not good being right on the HS edge of the board. I have read the add over and over and still have not read anything that says this board is damaged. By this time the box has been taken and now no return address . So mid day Friday I send the seller a message from eBay and nothing. Well Sat, Sun, Mon and still to today nothing! I contacted CWB's warranty through their website to see if there is anything they can work out. I sent detailed pictures of the chips in the edge and bottom. Well of course they got back with me the same day and said there is nothing they can work out. Over and over I have sent messages to the seller and nothing. So having a board that is ruined and nothing to do with it I contact Zane Schwank through email and telling him of the situation. Of course he is not fond of people selling their gear and not being able to back it up. He got me in contact with Amanda over at CWB and she has been working on getting info from me and the seller and trying to work something out. Well I get an email yesterday with Amanda explaining that it's not CWB's fault and needs to be taken up by the seller. Well by the end of her email she say's that I can send in the board and she/CWB will replace it. Every time I contacted her I mentioned that CWB is not at fault and if there was a way the seller is registered at all with them. I just needed a way to contact the seller and was in thoughts that I'm SOL with this board. All in all I'm sending the board back to CWB and they are willing to help me out and get me a new board. So again CWB, Zane & Amanda Thank You!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-30-2008, 7:33 AM Reply   
NICE!

Time to leave that seller some negative feedback eh?
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-30-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
amanda is great, cwb service is top notch. Any problems that have occured with me have been worked out.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-30-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
Wow...talk about going above and beyond. I have always wondered how much less $$$ boards/bindings would cost if there was no crazy warranty programs. Tell me another industry that will take a broken 'whatever' that was bought second hand and will replace it with a new, better, more expensive item. I'm not complaining as such, just commenting on CWB's awesome service (and wondering if it is financially wise for them or not?)
Old     (richnnorcal)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-30-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
I saw that "new gear supply center" is the ebay seller in question with a 98.8% + rating. Now the question is, will you continue buying from New gear?
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-30-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
All of the gear I'll buy in the future will be CWB. Also whenever anyone asks my opinion I recommend CWB and it is largely based on the awesome customer service experiences I've had with them. It definitely costs them quite a bit to go to such lengths to help people out, but at the same time they make a lasting impression. It's great to know that if anything ever happens to your board, boots, handle, etc... you'll be taken care of without any hassle. Don't get me wrong, I love their stuff too, but their customer service is really what set them apart from other board companies for me.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-30-2008, 10:07 AM Reply   
Rich ~~ He was 100% when I bought from him and might go a little lower when I leave my feedback. A guy just posted on there about him not getting back with him on shipping! I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but getting tired of no response in 4 day's.

Loren ~~ You haft to wonder if it is financially wise but like this situation, I'm spreading the word for how happy I am and just might bring some people on board to join CWB and their service! Another form of advertisement I guess. Great people that I have been dealing with, and not to mention Zane took time out of his schedule and help me get in contact with the right people to help me out.