Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (wakinwestcoast)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-22-2003, 8:09 AM Reply   
The other day I was cleaning the boat and I noticed a yellowish color on the vinyl. So I tried to get it of with several different cleaners and none of them got it off or lightened it up. As I looked through the boat I saw several more little patches on various other spots. The boat is only about 2 months old and was kept in the showroom at the dealer and always kept in the garage. Has anyone had this problem before? Any info would help tremendously.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-22-2003, 9:07 AM Reply   
Sometimes the spots come from dye underneath the vinyl. I would have your dealer check it out.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-22-2003, 10:38 AM Reply   
Justin,
I have the same thing in a few spots.. Mark said it's just glue that was left over. Next time you're in tell him, he'll remove it.

B-
Old    turtle            03-22-2003, 11:20 AM Reply   
Suntan oil that has dye in it will wreck your interior. The glue can be removed...but watch out for that oil

(Message edited by turtle on March 22, 2003)
Old     (sae4life)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-22-2003, 11:35 AM Reply   
When my boat was brand new i made the mistake of laying the tower down on the vinyl. That left a stain, any suggestions on what to use to get that one off?
Old     (wakinwestcoast)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-23-2003, 11:16 AM Reply   
Barry-
mark didn't know what it was and he could get it off
Old     (wakinwestcoast)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-23-2003, 11:17 AM Reply   
haven't used suntan oil yet. plus it is in odd spots too.
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-23-2003, 1:10 PM Reply   
For a couple of years now, I've occasionally seen yellow spots on my vinyl. Nothing washes them off, but after awhile in direct sunlight they disappear. My dealer tells me they're bug guts. The same thing has happened with hair dye. I've even had ballpoint pen ink almost completely disappear after prolonged exposure to sunlight.
Old     (wakinwestcoast)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-23-2003, 9:29 PM Reply   
thanks for the info.
Old    whitechocolate            03-24-2003, 7:43 AM Reply   
"Cheeto Warning""Cheeto Warning""Cheeto Warning"
Ok Im not saying this is what happend to your boat but. When you said you have yellow spots that won't come out I had to tell you all Cheeze flaored/colored chips and cracker will stain you Vynl yellow. This is what happens the chips fall bewteen the cracks in you seets and still there for hrs and or day's in the heat of the sun and a little water and WHAM! You have a yellow mark that is there. I have tryed lot's of cleaners. None will take the stain out with out removing the clear protectieve or UV coating on the Vynl does any one have any suguestion's
Old     (wakinwestcoast)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-24-2003, 9:33 AM Reply   
Thanks for the warning but food isn't allowed in the boat. Yet.
Old     (highrider)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-25-2003, 10:13 AM Reply   
My '00 X-star does a similiar thing - however - my spots are pink and blue. My dealer blames this on mold under the seats - and direct sunlight does clear them up.

Old     (wakinwestcoast)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-26-2003, 9:30 AM Reply   
would letting the boat sit outside fo a day do the trick?
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-28-2003, 8:30 AM Reply   
Do they show up in between the seats? My boat gets the "yellow" stain inbetween the seats where the two seats are rubbing. They just show up there and nothing takes them off. I don't think it is glue, as the glue the manufactures use are very thick and that would probably be fairly obvious. I have kept mine in my garage and noticed the spots under where a light is... thinking that that is where the bugs gather (around the light) I have also found some dead ones in the boat. I have to wonder if they don't fall or crawl down in between the seats and cause the stains... I know I am over analyzing this, but to Justin's point, it is a new boat and this has happened on my last one also. Just thought if we could figure out what is causing it we could stop it. The best thing I have found so far is the orange citirus cleaner. It doesn't remove the yellow stain, but it does remove just about everything else!
Old     (wdayne)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-28-2003, 8:53 AM Reply   
i left a wakeboard sitting on the seat w/ the black boots resting on the vinyl, that caused a stain where both boots touched. i know i've harped on this alot lately, but 4 scoops of oxy-clean to 1 gallon of hot water, cleaned my vinyl remarkably well.

laterdayne
Old     (wakinwestcoast)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-28-2003, 9:49 AM Reply   
Nope, it is brand new, and has had minimal exposure. It is like a spray looking pattern on the tops of the seats.
-Tony
If you dry in between the seats when you dry the boat it will greatly decreases the about of stains between the seats.
Old    skionone            03-28-2003, 10:03 AM Reply   
It is dye bleading thru and will permently stain your vinyl. If the sun doesn't clear it up you need to have the dealer replace the skins.
Bug Guts - He, He, I've never heard that excuess.