Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Pfcpetey)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-14-2014, 8:32 AM Reply   
I just picked up a 2006 supra launch. I will be doing a lot of boat riding this year. I am considering 2 boards the 2013 Ronix District Wakeboard or 2013 LF Watson hybrid. I also need some bindings, but have a size 12 foot. Do I go with open toe up to 12 or the 12 - 15 size with the risk of them being too big? With board recommendation I would be interested in binding rec as well. Thanks wakeworld community!
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-14-2014, 8:41 AM Reply   
Go to your local shop and try some on. Evo has some bindings discounted in their outlet. From my experience both Ronix and LF fit pretty true to size. Evo has a good exchange policy too just in case they don't fit to your liking.
Old     (awakewilson)      Join Date: Sep 2013       03-14-2014, 8:51 AM Reply   
Will you be riding just behind the boat? If so, then you don't really want the hybrid. It adds un nessisary weight. The Watson is a great board and is highly regarded. It is a very smooth ride and has great pop.
Old     (michaelvincz)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-14-2014, 9:39 AM Reply   
Pfcpetey, I have a 2012Watson hybrid I can sell at 50% off retail. Brand new and still in the plastic. I can also get you into some 2014 Domain Bindings as well for a little discount. Shoot me an email to mike@n3boatworks.com We have tons of closeout product to move. Huge discounts.
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       03-14-2014, 10:31 AM Reply   
If you are looking at the Ronix District we can do the District board with District boots that are size 10.5-14.5 . So being a size 12 yourself you would fall right in the middle of that binding gap. We can do that setup for $360.

http://calmarinesports.com/wakeboard...-bindings.html

If you would prefer the Watson Hybird, we have a 143 on sale for $320 and can find some bindings you like to go with it as well.

http://calmarinesports.com/wakeboard...on-hybrid.html

and if your boat hasnt left Sacramento yet might even be able to ship it in the boat, but either way anything over $100 is free shipping.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-14-2014, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by awakewilson View Post
Will you be riding just behind the boat? If so, then you don't really want the hybrid. It adds un nessisary weight. The Watson is a great board and is highly regarded. It is a very smooth ride and has great pop.
This is not true. I have a shane hybrid and a ss lyman and they both weigh close to the same. I can't tell the difference when I pick them up. Both are the lightest boards I have felt.
Old     (michaelvincz)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-14-2014, 1:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by awakewilson View Post
This is not true. I have a shane hybrid and a ss lyman and they both weigh close to the same. I can't tell the difference when I pick them up. Both are the lightest boards I have felt.

Dezul, you are spot on my friend. I was like what that's not true and to test my knowledge and to make sure I wasn't wrong I went and grabbed both and weighed them on our shops UPS weight scanner.... Hybrid 1/2 a pound lighter than the regular watson.... so sorry awakewilson but you are wrong buddy.
Anyways Pfcpetey, good luck in your search and if you need something shoot me an email or give me a call @(317)845-WAKE
Old     (Pfcpetey)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-14-2014, 6:03 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help! We don't have any local shops being in the middle of Wisco.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-14-2014, 6:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfcpetey View Post
Thanks for the help! We don't have any local shops being in the middle of Wisco.
I suggest grabbing one of these deals posted on this thread. Call and see what they can do for you.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk