Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    mxrcr885            02-01-2004, 10:01 AM Reply   
i am basically just starting..i used a friends wakeboard to learn last year and this year i want to buy my own.....ive really wanted the 2004 liquid force fusion but idk.....i mean it says that its "advanced" but will it matter that much?
Old    teenhack            02-01-2004, 10:35 AM Reply   
Well to answer your question you first need to answer a few of mine...
How comfortable are you riding right now?
What board does your friend have?
What size wake do you ride behind?
The Fusion is a nice board and more often then not, dont let "advanced" or "intermediate/advanced" scare you off because you can learn to ride any board, its just a matter of personal preference.
Old    mxrcr885            02-01-2004, 10:44 AM Reply   
yea im feel really comfortable riding on the water....im not quite sure what board he had....at that time i wasnt really payin attention to it ....and we have like a 27 ft boat that can make a pretty good wake
Old    teenhack            02-01-2004, 10:51 AM Reply   
Yeah the only thing that may be a problem is if the rocker on his board was a continuous rocker and the the board your looking at (the fusion) is a 3 stage. The only real difference that I've notice after switching from a continuous to a agressive 3 stage at that, is that my contol was limited at first, and my pop off the wake was unpredictable to say the least.
The only real worthwhile advice I can give you is the same everyone else on here well say... Demo, Demo, DEMO! The only way to find out if boards right for you is to try it. The same board will apply to different aspects of different riders styles. If you like slow, fluid tricks than a continuous rocker might be your thing. If you like taking things big and fast, than the 3 stage is the board for you.
So try and find a local shop and see if they'll let you demo the board for a day or so, then demo more boards until you find the one that fits your style.
Old    mxrcr885            02-01-2004, 11:18 AM Reply   
yea i would its just that there are no wakeboard shops anywhere around where i live...i live in nebraska and there isnt anything anywhere....which why i was gunna order it off of the internet
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       02-01-2004, 7:46 PM Reply   
In order to know if this is the right board for you, we'll need to know how tall you are, how much you weigh, and whether you feel that you'll be able to handle a loose board or if you are going to need a board with quite a bit of tracking. The Fusion does require good edge control, and may take a few rides to get used to.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old    mxrcr885            02-01-2004, 8:06 PM Reply   
i am about 5'9 and weigh around 120
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       02-02-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
You're right in there on the size. I'd normally recommend a board in the range of a 130-136cm length for someone your size. We've got the Fusion 134 in stock with free shipping, or we've got one 03 demoed Fusion 134 in basically like-new condition, if that interests you. Let me know if you have any further questions or would like some prices.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-02-2004, 11:09 AM Reply   
I wouldn't buy anything until you've had the chance to demo, or at least have ridden several boards. People here can suggest a board or two to try. That's cool and all, but what works for them may not work for you.

Demo. If you're shop doesn't let you demo, ride w/ people that will let you try their board. Wakeboarding gear isn't cheap...make sure you spend your money on the right gear!
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       02-02-2004, 12:44 PM Reply   
I agree with you Joe-demoing is definitely the best way to go. He said above that he didn't have access to a board shop, so I posted information that would apply. As I mentioned, the Fusion is a board that doesn't track really aggressively, and tried to get that point across, but he didn't reply as to what he was looking for, so I just posted what we had available in what he mentioned.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com