Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-03-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
I have some major yard renovations that I want to do. Among the many projects is installing some Oklahoma flagstone. Some will cover the existing sidewalk and front porch. Other areas are currently dirt.

I understand that I can match the 2 areas using thin and thick pieces.

My question is: I have several tile setting projects under my belt, but have never worked with stone.
Would you guys recommend attempting it, or just hire it out?

I can get the rock for the front of the house for about $1500. I have 2 bids of around $3500 that includes rock and labor.
Old    bigdtx            09-05-2010, 6:02 AM Reply   
Some people down the street from me had an old railroad tie retaining wall torn out and replaced with stone. The dudes took a pile of rocks and turned it into an awesome architectural detail. It took them about a week total. Definitely a lot of skill involved - not something I would even try on my own as I know mine would look like ass.