Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    six            06-01-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
Any opinions on vail lake out there
Old    cws_kahuna            06-01-2004, 9:49 AM Reply   
I have a great time camping there. I have never had the pleasure to go out on the lake though. I know its a private lake but don't know the membership fees.
Old    six            06-02-2004, 3:19 AM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback bro. Fees are 1200. per year and they give private tours if you want. I think I will check it,
Old     (moondoggie)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-02-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
We are members. Great lake, with little traffic, wind picks up pretty good. But the west side of the lake, is protected pretty good. More fishing boats than wake/ski boats.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-02-2004, 9:22 AM Reply   
there goes your good riding spot.
Old    six            06-02-2004, 10:10 AM Reply   
Hey Chris, thanks for the in-put. I ride at Perris during the week mostly around 6 am is a pretty good start time with all the glass that early makes it happenin.Plus the fact that keeping the kids safe and no traffic make a differance. real estate sales allows me to take off during the week.Havn't met any local boat owners yet but maybe we could hook up some time cus I could really learn something by watching someone with some skills. Later!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-02-2004, 10:42 AM Reply   
What is the website for Vail Lake? I've been meaning to check that place out. I went to http://www.vaillake.com and that took me to http://www.eaglekillers.com, which has some pretty angry folks griping about Vail Lake. Anybody know anything about that?
Old    cws_kahuna            06-02-2004, 12:21 PM Reply   
David

I think the main site is http://www.vaillakeresort.com/

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-02-2004, 5:54 PM Reply   
the place is horrible, always blown out, 50-60 boats on the weekend, etc, its just another san v but just up north
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-02-2004, 6:11 PM Reply   
Sounds like Glen bought a membership! :-)
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-02-2004, 7:05 PM Reply   
Hairband dude, Yes I am a member there and agree with you (wink wink) The place is so crowded all the time. Any of you who are thinking of joining, please dont.

And now the skinny on the lake. It is butter from 6-10am on the weekends. I have gone out every saturday from 6:30 to 10am for the last 3 months and we have been the only ski boat on the lake during that time. Every once in a while there will be another boat during that time. Most of the boats on the weekend come out at about 11am. During the week , most of the time you will be the only boat out there. The wind does pick up a little at about 3pm to 6pm and then it dies back down. But most of the time it is butter.
But everyone please dont buy a membership its not worth it. Please keep going to Perris and Smell-some-more and San V.

Warning to those who are thinking of buying. And this is not a joke. The water level is super low at Vail and it will keep going down for a while. In about 1 month you will not be able to launch your boat because the launch ramp will be completely out of the water and it is so shallow around the ramp right now that you pretty much have to paddle out in to the channel and back in to launch and retrieve your boat. If you go on a tour make sure you ask about the water level and what they are going to do about it. I forsee some lawsuits being filed against them for not keeping a water level high enough to let people get their boats in and out of the water.
For a good picture of the West bay at Vail Lake look at my profile. That is a picture taken 2 months ago from the beach in the west bay.
Good luck to you all
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-02-2004, 9:00 PM Reply   
No offense dude but I'd be pissed off if I was a member and saw your post (regardless of the water level comment). So Cal is worthless for riding and that is one of the only places left... for now. Not meaning to rag on you but I'm sure other members wouldn't appreciate that too much.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-03-2004, 8:35 AM Reply   
Just why would you be Pissed Mooch.
We dont want any body out there.
There are only a few memberships left .
The water is low.
the water is butter
and no one goes out there.

All the truth and all common Knowledge and tell me again why you would be pissed?
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-03-2004, 8:44 AM Reply   
Sorry Eric I thought I was obvious and you explained it well yourself.

No hard feelings. You may understand some day.
Old    six            06-03-2004, 8:44 AM Reply   
can not see anything wrong with the truth and totally respect that. I will be picking up a membership after my tour.
Anyone know how good the parks 138 dna is?
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-03-2004, 8:57 AM Reply   
Bable, I do understand where you are coming from. My point is that there are only a few Memberships left. Vail has been around forever and still no one goes out there. So i am not going to bring anyone new out there that hasn't already heard of Vail.
End of that conversation..

MARK,
Ask Lou when you take the tour about the Water level and what they are going to do about the launch ramp. Make sure you take a look at the launch ramp and how low the water is around it and you will see my point of how it will be unuseable if the water level drops 1-2 more feet. The other launch ramp is completly out of the water and has been for about 8 months now.