Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (blueplastic)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-15-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
I'm interested in buying a Jet Boat to wakeskate behind in Orlando and was hoping to get some opinions from you guys on these boats.

How fuel efficient are they? Do they tend to have more or less problems than normal non-jet boats?

Which company makes the best ones? I heard some negative stuff about SeaDoo boats... is this true?

I was specifically interested in a Yamaha LX2000 I saw for $11,000.

Any info at all is much appreciated!!
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-15-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
Jetboats are great, they serve a purpose, just not wakeboarding or skating IMHO.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-15-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
Jetboats are to wakeboarding as Smoking is to being pregnant
Old     (running_turtle)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-15-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
jet boats are ok if u want to hit rails only or work on surface tricks with a wakeskate...but i think thats about it..
dont know about fuel efficient though
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-15-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
For 11k, I would much rather have an old inboard. If you get serious about boardsports, you will regret the jetboat.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-15-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
i agree with lt, but if you need a jet for just that, thats what wave runners are for. pick up a used one, they are great for shallow water rails.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-16-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
I had a Yamaha LS2000. It would be good for wakeskating. 270hp twin engines. They drink just as much gas as a semi-loaded wakeboat. Mine had a 40 gallon tank.

Very fun boats.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-16-2007, 8:54 AM Reply   
the twin engines have been known to have more problems than the single engines, GET A SINGLE if you're going to get one.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-16-2007, 8:54 AM Reply   
I have a buddy w/ a wake edition jet boat and no matter how much weight he puts in it it still wont produce much of a wake and the shape of the wake sucks
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-16-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
do not get a sea doo wake edition yamahas are alot more dirable if you go to a jet ski rental place they will most likely have yamahas because there so durable the best thing about the sea doo is the board racks
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-17-2007, 7:46 AM Reply   
A bit oversimplified but this would be the general rank order of different boats for producing wakes.

V-drive > D-drive > I/O > Outboard > Jet Boat > PWC > Pontoon.

For 11K I would look into an a barely used I/O or an older d-drive. All the boats have their advantages, but the jet drives are pretty far down there in producing a wake.