Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-22-2014, 11:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
C'mon Mark you know you want to get on board with the Hawks and Seattle. You love it up here buddy.
I used to like the hawks a bit back in the days of Hasselbeck and Alexander. I've been to a few games. Then came Sherman... Then the fans who mirrored him.... No thanks. And what's with your coach's incessant gum chewing and pacing? Is that the best Harbaugh impression he can do? At least Harbaugh doesn't add spastic gum chewing into the mix. Just waiting for Frank Caliendo's impression of it...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-23-2014, 6:57 AM Reply   
My brother (a Seattle surgeon) and I talk smack daily. He sent this text to me yesterday morning: "Just finished a surgery I was very proud of. I grabbed my crotch and jumped backwards out of the door to the operating room. That's how we roll in Seattle."
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2014, 7:05 AM Reply   
I like how the Seattle fans always state "We" did this and "We" did that. They couldn't even handle the water boys duties,but they do know how to talk a little trash. They also know how to manipulate stats to favor their players. For example if I mention Murray is the leading Rusher with 12 TD'S to Lynch ' s 12 TD's.They will add in his receiving TD'S to make it seem like he has an edge. Then they will mention Murray has 100 more carries. They forget to mention both Lynch and Murray have a 4.7 yards per carry average because that would show how superior Murray is. Dallas constantly pounds the rock against 8 man fronts yet Murray averages 4.7 even at the end of games when opponents know you're trying to eat clock. Despite all that running Romo enjoys a comfortable lead over Wilson in passing yards,completion percentage,TD'S and a monumental lead in passer rating 114.4 to 93.6. Actually Romo has the best passer rating of every QB in the league this year.

Last edited by cwb4me; 12-23-2014 at 7:08 AM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2014, 7:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
My brother (a Seattle surgeon) and I talk smack daily. He sent this text to me yesterday morning: "Just finished a surgery I was very proud of. I grabbed my crotch and jumped backwards out of the door to the operating room. That's how we roll in Seattle."
That should have been a taunting penalty. I guess the Seattle doctors own the hospital administration just like the Seahawks own the referee's.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2014, 7:13 AM Reply   
Both my wife and I picked Detroit this week. I guess I missed posting that game. Even giving you the tie I've still got the edge on picks this year.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-23-2014, 7:53 AM Reply   
I sure hope Detroit doesn't win after that Raiola stomp. That was like an old school Raiders move. Then his coach tried to defend him! He should be fined and suspended big time.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-23-2014, 8:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
The cowboys didn't "sneak one in". They kicked your butts fair in square IN YOUR OWN HOUSE. You seattle fans have memories as long as your frozen, shrunken schmeckles. I'm sure there are plenty of seattle butts still hurt over it but, no one cares that it's been eating at your fans either. You'd think there'd be just a smidgen of humility even in a trash talking thread after having been the mop used to clean up your own stadium... Oh, and P.S. The Rams beat you too. Stay arrogant Seattle. It'll make the fall that much bigger and harder to recover from. Karma's a ...
Yah gotta read all the posts if ya wanna talk smack Mark... Bobby claimed he doesn't make " excuses" for injuries when his pi is lose. Stupid to overlook injuries and act as though they have no bearing on a teams success I know... but Bobby said it not me. Now he back tracks on that statement when the team gets their butt kicked.

As for Dallas beating us... seven points is far from a beat down.

Dallas can have week six as a gift. They'll need something to look back on when their season is over.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-23-2014, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
That's AWESOME!!! I already like your brother more than you
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-23-2014, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
I like how the Seattle fans always state "We" did this and "We" did that. They couldn't even handle the water boys duties,but they do know how to talk a little trash. They also know how to manipulate stats to favor their players. For example if I mention Murray is the leading Rusher with 12 TD'S to Lynch ' s 12 TD's.They will add in his receiving TD'S to make it seem like he has an edge. Then they will mention Murray has 100 more carries. They forget to mention both Lynch and Murray have a 4.7 yards per carry average because that would show how superior Murray is. Dallas constantly pounds the rock against 8 man fronts yet Murray averages 4.7 even at the end of games when opponents know you're trying to eat clock. Despite all that running Romo enjoys a comfortable lead over Wilson in passing yards,completion percentage,TD'S and a monumental lead in passer rating 114.4 to 93.6. Actually Romo has the best passer rating of every QB in the league this year.

Marshawn Lynch is the running back in the NFL with the most touchdowns. You manipulate the stats to try and make a point that's just not there.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-23-2014, 10:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Bobby, you're the kid on the playground that wants to change the rules to the game as they suit your needs. QBR rating? Who gives a sh*t. Winning is what makes a QB but to you thats a team stat. Do Romo's wins count this year or not? Will he get a ring for the best passer rating? Injuries don't count, then they count. Or don't they? It's so hard to keep up. Now TD's by a RB don't matter if they are passing. The Detroit game you forgot to pick doesn't matter now because you told your wife? That's not what she told me.. You refuse to admit you lost last weeks picks so now you're better for picks on the year. It's like arguing with a child but even my 11 year old grasps these concepts that seem to escape you.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-23-2014, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sounds like he got the brains in the family...

Are you really switching to Dallas as a 49er fan? Blasphemy!! Dallas along with the other true contenders, Seattle & Green Bay have had long standing rivalry's with the Niners. Any long time fan couldn't back Dallas as you appear to be doing. Did you forget the 90's? The only choice is the Hawks as then you can at least say. If we couldnt win the west (49ers) then I will root for the team that did.

Like me wanting to see Oregon win the NCAA championship. If the Dawgs can't be there even though Washington and Oregon have had a bitter rivalry with mostly them winning for the last decade I want the Pac 12 to represent as the champs.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-23-2014, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
That should have been a taunting penalty. I guess the Seattle doctors own the hospital administration just like the Seahawks own the referee's.
Your tears will be delicious when Dallas goes down again this year. I hope Romo's QBR is enough to keep you warm at night.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-23-2014, 11:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
Sounds like he got the brains in the family...

Are you really switching to Dallas as a 49er fan? Blasphemy!! Dallas along with the other true contenders, Seattle & Green Bay have had long standing rivalry's with the Niners. Any long time fan couldn't back Dallas as you appear to be doing. Did you forget the 90's? The only choice is the Hawks as then you can at least say. If we couldnt win the west (49ers) then I will root for the team that did.

Like me wanting to see Oregon win the NCAA championship. If the Dawgs can't be there even though Washington and Oregon have had a bitter rivalry with mostly them winning for the last decade I want the Pac 12 to represent as the champs.
Lol. Root for Dallas? Aw hell no. I was just stating the facts about the beating seattle received from them. That's all. There's no way I can root for Seattle as long as Dick Sherman is anywhere near there. I'm actually rooting for GB. They're the only team with any hope that doesn't have a player that bothers me. They'll probably go down in a ball of flames like last year though. Just from a higher level. I don't even know what to say about the Niners any more. So bummed and it ruined a big part of this thread in my mind...
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-23-2014, 11:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Both my wife and I picked Detroit this week. I guess I missed posting that game. Even giving you the tie I've still got the edge on picks this year.
BREAKING NEWS!!! "Seahawks #1 Fan" just admitted he was wrong...I think?
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-23-2014, 11:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Do you ever stop and make sure your brain is in gear before you pop the clutch on your fingers and start typing??????

The Seahawks are THE MOST PENALIZED TEAM IN THE NFL .

If that's what "owning the referees" means to you, your even more clueless than anyone ever thought.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-23-2014, 11:52 AM Reply   
Not sure about anyone else's story but how or why did you guys ever begin to root for the team you're rooting for now? The obvious answer is whatever team is closest to where you live but, I think a big part of it has to do with who your dad rooted for or against when you were a kid. I don't remember my dad ever really regularly rooting for any particular team but, he sure rooted against Dallas and Oakland. I'll have to ask him...
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-23-2014, 12:04 PM Reply   
^^Born & raised in Seattle. Grew up watching my dad curse the TV every Sunday thanks mainly to Dave Krieg. Only real bright spot was Largent, a true class act. He will always be the greatest Seahawk of all time.
As far as teams I rooted against? The entire AFC West. I can't count how many times I saw Elway ruin our Sundays, that guy was incredible.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-23-2014, 12:05 PM Reply   
I grew up in Olympia, WA. 1970 thru 1985. I was there when the Hawks were hatched.
I'm also a Mariners fan for the same reason. I was a SuperSonics fan, but when they left I took my official fan exemption and switched to the Warriors. I live in Sac but I hate the Kings.

My Dad was a NorCal guy and loved the Raiders and the A's.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2014, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Bobby, you're the kid on the playground that wants to change the rules to the game as they suit your needs. QBR rating? Who gives a sh*t. Winning is what makes a QB but to you thats a team stat. Do Romo's wins count this year or not? Will he get a ring for the best passer rating? Injuries don't count, then they count. Or don't they? It's so hard to keep up. Now TD's by a RB don't matter if they are passing. The Detroit game you forgot to pick doesn't matter now because you told your wife? That's not what she told me.. You refuse to admit you lost last weeks picks so now you're better for picks on the year. It's like arguing with a child but even my 11 year old grasps these concepts that seem to escape you.
I'm Quite the opposite. I'm the Seattle Seahawks #1 Fan who keeps adjusting to the ever changing environment on the NFL Smack Talking Thread. You guys (real seattle goggle wearing fans)constantly change what is supposed to be relevant to suit your needs. First no 49ers,Dallas or Pittsburgh fan could bring up Super Bowls. Because it was the past and Seattle didn't have one. Now Super Bowl victories are OK as long as you only go back to last year. How convenient? Then stats don't matter unless you can manipulate them so one of your players benefits. Wins matter but not as much emphasis this year since Dallas is 11-4 the same as Seattle. You guys are more back and forth than anyone can keep up with. We don't know what "your" rules will be from post to post. I'm just trying to make points with stats. I have all my picks written down each week. I'm a man of my word evidenced by my screen name. Yet you doubt that I overlooked one of my picks while posting. I repost that I make a mistake in the playoff scenario yet you accuse me of making my own rules. I was just trying to make a point that Dallas owned the head to head tie breaker with Seattle. Do you guys ever wonder why no one else wants to even post on this thread. I'm just trying to educate you guys on the real world. If you acted like real fans (who can admit when their team doesn't play well)others might post on here. I have very thick skin,that's why I continue to post.

Last edited by cwb4me; 12-23-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2014, 12:28 PM Reply   
I grew up in Richmond Va. I was born in Norfolk Va.lived there until I was 18 months old. I became a Dallas Cowboys fan when I was 9 years old. They played the Colts in the Super Bowl that year and they lost. I just retired this year and moved to Texas. It's a lot easier being a Cowboys fan in Texas than it was in Virginia.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-23-2014, 1:09 PM Reply   
Born and raised in the suburbs of Seattle my dad doesn't root for any teams but my step father is an all encompassing Seattle sports fan and that's where I got my sports passion (age 5). I'm a huge homer fan and I know it. I passionately follow The Hawks, M's and Huskies (football and basketball).
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-23-2014, 1:15 PM Reply   
Bobby we defend our team/players against you. Look back at the weeks that we lost and you'll see that we can admit when we played subpar football. Hell I gave credit to Dallas when they beat us and I hate Dallas. You accuse us of being singularly sighted but you're absolutely no different. I know you think you are but you're not and that's fine. Be passionate about the Cowboys, hate the Seahawks its cool, but don't sit here and say you're unbiased.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-23-2014, 1:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead65 View Post
Do you ever stop and make sure your brain is in gear before you pop the clutch on your fingers and start typing??????

If that's what "owning the referees" means to you, your even more clueless than anyone ever thought.
And to add to that our opponent are the least penalized.
The refs most certainly are not in our pockets.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-23-2014, 1:19 PM Reply   
That’s a great question Mark.

As a kid I grew up in NorCal. My father was a big time Raiders and A’s fan. I didn’t want to root for the same team as my dad (forced to wear Oakland clothes) and I liked the Seahawks colors. As a kid that was all it took. How was I to know it would lead to years of disappointment until the new stadium was built in 2002.
Growing up my best friends dad was a Dallas fanatic. If I went to his house on Sunday I would have to take off whatever shirt I was wearing and put on a Dallas shirt if I wanted to come inside so naturally I hated them even before I met Bobby.

Growing up in NorCal I watched many 49ers games and go watch them play the Hawks every year as one of the 2-4 home games I attend. The rivalry has made it that much better. I’m actually sorry to see Harbaugh go as he was the best thing to happen to them in a while but the expectation is Superbowl or nothing in SF. I'm afraid the grass isn't always greener and hope you find a good coach.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2014, 3:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Bobby we defend our team/players against you. Look back at the weeks that we lost and you'll see that we can admit when we played subpar football. Hell I gave credit to Dallas when they beat us and I hate Dallas. You accuse us of being singularly sighted but you're absolutely no different. I know you think you are but you're not and that's fine. Be passionate about the Cowboys, hate the Seahawks its cool, but don't sit here and say you're unbiased.
I'm not biased . I'm stubborn and relentless when trying to make a point. I'm a Ford Truck guy if that makes you feel better about me. Lol.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2014, 3:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
That’s a great question Mark.

As a kid I grew up in NorCal. My father was a big time Raiders and A’s fan. I didn’t want to root for the same team as my dad (forced to wear Oakland clothes) and I liked the Seahawks colors. As a kid that was all it took. How was I to know it would lead to years of disappointment until the new stadium was built in 2002.
Growing up my best friends dad was a Dallas fanatic. If I went to his house on Sunday I would have to take off whatever shirt I was wearing and put on a Dallas shirt if I wanted to come inside so naturally I hated them even before I met Bobby.

Growing up in NorCal I watched many 49ers games and go watch them play the Hawks every year as one of the 2-4 home games I attend. The rivalry has made it that much better. I’m actually sorry to see Harbaugh go as he was the best thing to happen to them in a while but the expectation is Superbowl or nothing in SF. I'm afraid the grass isn't always greener and hope you find a good coach.
Hopefully I didn't make you hate Dallas even more. I learned a long time ago you either hate Dallas or you root for them. I had to go to my cousins house every Thanksgiving where everyone there except me were Redskins fans. They were all bigger and stronger than me. So even if Dallas won I couldn't say anything. I guess that developed my dislike for the Redskins. My dislike for the Eagles and Giants came later in life. I don't hate Seattle. I feel like this thread is either praise Seattle or point out deficiencies in their team. I chose the latter. I have enjoyed this thread by getting responses to the buttons I push and you guys are always quick to respond.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-23-2014, 3:46 PM Reply   
^^I thought you just enjoyed losing bets
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2014, 5:20 PM Reply   
Pro Bowl QB'S were announced. There wasn't a Russell or a Wilson in sight. I guess the 12th man is really the number of fans the Seahawks have. At least half of their fans post in this thread.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-23-2014, 5:36 PM Reply   
" Do you guys ever wonder why no one else wants to even post on this thread."

Because an alarming number of men these days have been taught that flipping someone crap is insensitive and it's wrong to butt heads and screw around with one another from time to time. I can't help it if a wildly high percentage of the men on here happen to reside in Cali.

My greatest football wish would be to have everyone on this thread meet up and go to an NFL game sometime. I imagine it would be a hilarious epic day with all of us in one room.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-23-2014, 6:12 PM Reply   
^^^That would be hilarious, Cliff. I've often wondered what it would be like to have a beer or whatever with everyone.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2014, 6:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead65 View Post

The same gesture was called a penalty in 2011 against the Saints. Even though the Seahawks are the most penalized team doesn't mean the refs don't cut them too much slack. I just like to see penalties called the same for every team. If that's not taunting I don't know what is?
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-24-2014, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Pro Bowl QB'S were announced. There wasn't a Russell or a Wilson in sight. I guess the 12th man is really the number of fans the Seahawks have. At least half of their fans post in this thread.
He wouldn't be able to go anyway. Wilson will be busy preparing for the Super Bowl
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-24-2014, 9:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
The same gesture was called a penalty in 2011 against the Saints. Even though the Seahawks are the most penalized team doesn't mean the refs don't cut them too much slack. I just like to see penalties called the same for every team. If that's not taunting I don't know what is?
Have you ever witnessed Lynchs TD celebrations? He shakes hands and walks off, no dances, or anything. It's a little hyper sensitive to get worked up over the split second crotch grab. I didn't even notice it until the scum of the earth media made a big deal about it. I suspect it was for them anyway.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-24-2014, 9:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
" Do you guys ever wonder why no one else wants to even post on this thread."

Because an alarming number of men these days have been taught that flipping someone crap is insensitive and it's wrong to butt heads and screw around with one another from time to time. I can't help it if a wildly high percentage of the men on here happen to reside in Cali.

My greatest football wish would be to have everyone on this thread meet up and go to an NFL game sometime. I imagine it would be a hilarious epic day with all of us in one room.
I like to call it the vaginazation of America. Would love to have a beer with you guys.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-24-2014, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm not biased . I'm stubborn and relentless when trying to make a point. I'm a Ford Truck guy if that makes you feel better about me. Lol.
I'm a Ford guy too.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-24-2014, 11:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Well there's something
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-24-2014, 11:25 AM Reply   
Seems like the Christmas cheer (yes Christmas) has got the best of us. ALL YOU NON SEAHAWKS FANS SUCK!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS (or Happy Holidays whichever you prefer).
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-24-2014, 11:30 AM Reply   
Happy Holidays-30 Rock Style: http://youtu.be/_KfsogTvQw8

One of my favorite 30 rock jokes
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-24-2014, 1:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm a Ford guy too.
See we all have some good sense about us. Lol
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-24-2014, 1:26 PM Reply   
I've been reading this post since it's inception and I have to say that it's pretty damn entertaining. You guys are hilarious! For those of you who doubted the Hawks all season, how are you feeling right about now? I mean, they are on the verge of claiming the #1 seed in the NFC and making everyone else who has a dream of making it to the Superbowl come through Seattle. As evidenced from last years' playoffs, we all now what happened then. The Hawks are playing the best football of any team in the league and are peaking at the right time. You should all be very afraid.

I have to admit that I'm going to be sad that Harbaugh will be leaving SC. I feel that he's had made the Hawks a better team because of the rivalry. There should be nothing but pure NFC West domination once he and Crapernick are gone. Bring on the titles.

As a long time resident of the Seattle area and currently living in CA, I thoroughly enjoy coming up the PNW and seeing nothing but 12 flags, stickers, cars and trucks painted in blue and green, license plates, bars, etc. My family and I got here last Saturday and am looking forward to being at the last game of the season on the 50 yard line, 11 rows up.

GO HAWKS!!!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-24-2014, 4:25 PM Reply   
Never to late to join the smack talk thread. Welcome aboard
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-24-2014, 4:28 PM Reply   
Whether you're a Hawks fan or not this is a very interesting read. There enough numbers and stats in it for you Bobby to have you rocking like Rainman. Its up GD's alley too, there's a couple charts buddy.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/w...?ex_cid=espnFB
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-25-2014, 5:58 AM Reply   
MERRY CHRISTMAS guys!!! Best wishes to you and your families.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       12-25-2014, 6:32 AM Reply   
Remember when the chiefs beat the Hawks.... yeah, me too.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-25-2014, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
Remember when the chiefs beat the Hawks.... yeah, me too.
Yes I remember that.24-20 was the score in week 10. It was their 4th loss in 10 games.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-25-2014, 10:01 AM Reply   
Remember when they didn't lose the rest of the season? I do!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-25-2014, 10:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr View Post
I've been reading this post since it's inception and I have to say that it's pretty damn entertaining. You guys are hilarious! For those of you who doubted the Hawks all season, how are you feeling right about now? I mean, they are on the verge of claiming the #1 seed in the NFC and making everyone else who has a dream of making it to the Superbowl come through Seattle. As evidenced from last years' playoffs, we all now what happened then. The Hawks are playing the best football of any team in the league and are peaking at the right time. You should all be very afraid.

I have to admit that I'm going to be sad that Harbaugh will be leaving SC. I feel that he's had made the Hawks a better team because of the rivalry. There should be nothing but pure NFC West domination once he and Crapernick are gone. Bring on the titles.

As a long time resident of the Seattle area and currently living in CA, I thoroughly enjoy coming up the PNW and seeing nothing but 12 flags, stickers, cars and trucks painted in blue and green, license plates, bars, etc. My family and I got here last Saturday and am looking forward to being at the last game of the season on the 50 yard line, 11 rows up.

GO HAWKS!!!!
Got a dry suit, gloves, a board and a boat if you want to sneak out with us on Sammamish tomorrow. 206-450-2453
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-25-2014, 11:36 AM Reply   
Been a Cowboys fan since I was a little kid. Dad was a raiders fan, and rooted for whoever was playing the Cowboys. Naturally, I went with the Cowboys. Used to go watch them practice in Thousand Oaks as a kid, and met Tony Dorsett at the county fairgrounds when I was like 8. Still have the autograph, and still remember him shaking my tiny little hand. He was wearing a huge Stetson hat, tight ass wranglers and cowboy boots. Him and his wife were very nice to me and my family. That was over 30 years ago, and I remember it like it was yesterday. The Jerry Jones era of the last 20 years or so has been a roller coaster to say the least. I have been down in them for years, and have been very critical of Tony romo for the last few years. I think deservedly so. They have lacked a true team on field leader since the days of aikman, emmitt, and Irvin. I'm quieter than most on here, because I don't watch as much as I used to, and really can't stand the nonsense of talking trash over stats. Just seems like too much work for me.
Merry Christmas yall. Go Cowboys.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-25-2014, 1:54 PM Reply   
Train you really ought to watch the games. Then you could appreciate how much better Tony Romo is than any other QB the Cowboys have ever had. I started rooting for the Cowboys when Meredith was QB. I saw him Eddie LeBaron ,Roger Staubach, Danny White and Troy Aikman play. Romo is a mixture of Staubach and Aikman. Not the same as either but a mixture. If you look at the Cowboy records Romo owns all the meaningful ones except Super Bowl wins. Which you guys know deep down in your heart is a team record. Proof of that is Staubach had years he didn't make the playoffs and years he didn't win the Super Bowl. Aikman was the same. You didn't blame the lack of success on either of them. I just got finished watching the Seattle /Dallas game from week 6 on NFL Replay. It has been a Merry Christmas!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-25-2014, 2:32 PM Reply   
Savor the flavor buddy cuz it ain't happ'nin again.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-25-2014, 3:12 PM Reply   
Like I said Lynch should have been penalized for the crotch grab. Evidently the NFL agrees with me. They fined Lynch 11050.00 for unsportsmanlike conduct on his 79 yard TD run culminating in the "crotch grab" celebration. I guess I'm not the only one who happened to notice the embarrassment to the NFL. Conduct like that is an embarrassment to football fans who happen to watch games with their children. What should I expect from "professional" players? More than that kind of conduct for sure.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-25-2014, 3:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Savor the flavor buddy cuz it ain't happ'nin again.
I know Seattle may not make it far enough to play Dallas again in the playoffs.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-26-2014, 11:40 AM Reply   
Who do you guys wanna see Seattle face in the Super Bowl?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-26-2014, 11:46 AM Reply   
Dallas/Pittsburgh Super Bowl. That way Dallas can even up the series and collect their 6th trophy.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-26-2014, 12:10 PM Reply   
Dallas vs Denver is my vote. I would feel a little bad for Demarcus Ware though after he loses a Super Bowl game to them team he dedicated the majority of his career too and never could make it to the big game.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-26-2014, 7:29 PM Reply   
I'd love to seek revenge on Pittsburgh but we'll likely be playing the Pats.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-26-2014, 11:32 PM Reply   
Love the "yeah" interview:

http://youtu.be/dyUwanb_Cz8

Almost as much as the "thanks for axing" interview:

http://youtu.be/kQnKTyXqWx0
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-26-2014, 11:35 PM Reply   
And, hit latest context correct one-word answers:

http://youtu.be/YqKGTq1p7Qs
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-27-2014, 9:54 AM Reply   
Week 17 picks

I'll try my best not to omit any picks. Lol

Sunday @1:00 pm

CAR @ ATL - Everyone's picking Carolina because of their defense,but I'll take Atlanta because of their offense.
CLE @ BAL -Ravens at home.
DAL @ WAS - Murray breaks Smith's Cowboys single season rushing record in route to another Cowboys win on the road.
IND @ TEN - Colts get a much needed win against Tennessee.
DET @ GB - I'M hoping for a tie but if it isn't I think the Packers will win in OT.
JAX @ HOU - Texans at home.
SD @ KC - With Alex Smith hurt I'm going to take Rivers and the Chargers on the road.
NYJ @ MIA - Dolphins at home.
CHI @ MIN - Cutler is going to play. I predict at least 2 completions to the Vikings. To help them win at home.
BUF @ NE - Buffalo has the better defense,but the Patriots have Grand and Brady. Patriots win at home.
PHI @ NYG - Eagles continue their slide. Giants and Beckham continue to shine in their win at home.
CIN @ PIT - The Bengals fight and claw their way to another win on the road.
NO @ TB - Saints March on to another win at home.

Sunday @4:25 pm

OAK @ DEN - Broncos at home.
ARI @ SF - Cardinals on the road. With their 3rd string QB.
STL @ SEA - Rams pull too many tricks and upset the Seahawks at home.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-27-2014, 10:21 AM Reply   
The 49ers will blow out the Cards tomorrow with only 4 starters on defense.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-27-2014, 10:56 AM Reply   
Rams @ Hawks - Hawks

Cards @ Niners - Niners

Cowboys @ Skins - Cowboys

Lions @ Packers - Packers

Don't care about any of the other games really
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-27-2014, 12:13 PM Reply   
Bobby I can't believe you're throwing away another pic this week. Hawks are 13 point favorites. You know they're winning this game.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-27-2014, 1:39 PM Reply   
Yep. The Hawks will blow out the Rams.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-27-2014, 2:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Bobby I can't believe you're throwing away another pic this week. Hawks are 13 point favorites. You know they're winning this game.
I have to give you guys a chance to catch up. Lol
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-28-2014, 1:53 PM Reply   
How about the "Blowout Win" the Cowboys had on the road against a division opponent?Romo 22 of 34 for 299 yards 2 td's and 1 int. Dez Bryant 4 for 99 yards 2 td's and a 24.8 yard per catch average.DeMarco Murray 20 for 100 yards 1 td and 5 yard per carry average.Randle in garbage time 4 for 69 yards with a 69 yard td. Bailey 3 for 3 and 5 extra points. Defense 2 int's and one fumble recovery for a td. 44-17 blowout.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-28-2014, 2:56 PM Reply   
Halftime,can't wait for the second half of these 3 games.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-28-2014, 4:19 PM Reply   
Something I saw at the game today
Attached Images

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-28-2014, 4:27 PM Reply   
#1 seed in the NFC two years and a row baby!!!! BOOOOOOM!!!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-28-2014, 5:45 PM Reply   
Dallas looked more impressive and Dominant in their win against a division opponent than Seattle did. As a matter of fact Dallas looked more impressive in their win 44-17 over the Redskins than Seattle 27 -17 did too.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-28-2014, 5:47 PM Reply   
If it wasn't for bad luck, the rams would have had no luck at all.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-28-2014, 5:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Dallas looked more impressive and Dominant in their win against a division opponent than Seattle did. As a matter of fact Dallas looked more impressive in their win 44-17 over the Redskins than Seattle 27 -17 did too.
Neither the cowboys nor the Hawks were that impressive until well into the second half. That statement applies more to the hawks.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-28-2014, 6:20 PM Reply   
Ugly on offense today... No matter, Seattle paves the way to the SB now.

Nailed my pics as well.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-28-2014, 6:28 PM Reply   
Somewhere in San Diego there's a long haired middle aged man in his basement watching a fifteen year old vhs tape of the Rams glory days.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-28-2014, 7:02 PM Reply   
#1 seed has a nice "ring" to it.
GO HAWKS!!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-28-2014, 7:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Neither the cowboys nor the Hawks were that impressive until well into the second half. That statement applies more to the hawks.
Mark did you watch the Dallas game? Dallas was leading 17-7 at the end of the 1st quarter. It was 27-10 at halftime. That's one more score than the Seahawks had all game. It's also as many points as the Seahawks scored in all 4 quarters against the Redskins. The Cowboys only scored 17 points in the second half and all of those were in the 4th quarter. The Cowboys have averaged 41.25 points in their last 4 games. 3 of them being road games. Cowboys are the only team in the league that are 8-0 on the road. I think they are on a hot streak.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-28-2014, 7:27 PM Reply   
Can anyone believe the stomp on Rogers by Suh? Why is he still in the nfl??? He should be banned for life. How many times can he do dirty stuff like that and still be allowed to play? Intentionally trying to hurt another player by stomping your cleat into them should be an automatic season ending suspension. Plus it just proves he's a POS ghetto thug. So pissed right now... And last week it was his thug teammate who did it. Major bad karma for the lions. I hope Dallas obliterates them and most of their team leaves on a stretcher.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-28-2014, 7:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Mark did you watch the Dallas game? Dallas was leading 17-7 at the end of the 1st quarter. It was 27-10 at halftime. That's one more score than the Seahawks had all game. It's also as many points as the Seahawks scored in all 4 quarters against the Redskins. The Cowboys only scored 17 points in the second half and all of those were in the 4th quarter. The Cowboys have averaged 41.25 points in their last 4 games. 3 of them being road games. Cowboys are the only team in the league that are 8-0 on the road. I think they are on a hot streak.
Yes I watched it. Hence the disclaimer that it applied more to Seattle. The game was still "within reach" by the skins until the end of the third Q. You're right. The cowboys are on a hot streak for sure and I hope they pound Detroit a new a-hole since they deserve it so much. What kind of coach allows that kind of unsportsmanlike conduct? Suh is a repeat offender! It's like the Raiders of yesteryear... So disgusted.

Last edited by markj; 12-28-2014 at 7:38 PM.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-28-2014, 8:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Can anyone believe the stomp on Rogers by Suh? Why is he still in the nfl??? He should be banned for life. How many times can he do dirty stuff like that and still be allowed to play? Intentionally trying to hurt another player by stomping your cleat into them should be an automatic season ending suspension. Plus it just proves he's a POS ghetto thug. So pissed right now... And last week it was his thug teammate who did it. Major bad karma for the lions. I hope Dallas obliterates them and most of their team leaves on a stretcher.
He's a douche bag, there is no doubt. He plays so innocent in interviews but obviously his actions speak way louder than his words.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-28-2014, 8:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Calm down buddy. If you're lucky enough you're still gonna have to play us and in Seattle against a defense that allows less than 6.5 points a game. Don't pop a Viagra just yet bitch.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       12-28-2014, 8:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Calm down buddy. If you're lucky enough you're still gonna have to play us and in Seattle against a defense that allows less than 6.5 points a game. Don't pop a Viagra just yet bitch.
Ha I guess you already forgot the 30 points and a loss we put on you at your house back in October. Here's a refresher for you. Dez making sherman his b***h!
Attached Images