Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-01-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
I'm hoping to get some information on this program by more experienced film makers on this forum, or anyone who has used it. I found a deal on craigslist for this program (Adobe 5.0 in the box, 5.1 upgrade, and a user guide).
Well first off, the little that I do know is that this program is over 10 years old, I think it was released in March of 1998. I'm wondering if this could cause any problems for any of the newer gear that I'm using (Windows XP and a Canon Gl2).
I'd like to know if this program is even useable in times like now where technology has grown so rapidly and if it's worth me purchasing it, or if it's just going to be trouble or not even useable. Premiere has a reputation in video editing, and I'm sure this program has enough effects and features for me. I'm not trying to do anything extravagant with it. Just trying to make some riding videos of myself and friends.
So if anyone a bit more experienced can fill me in that would be awesome. Thanks guys.
Old    mobster            03-01-2009, 5:22 PM Reply   
I think I'd pass on that old of version. spend your money on Premiere elements for video Or if money is an issue use windows movie maker premiere 5.0 is pretty old once in a blue moon I will use premiere 6.5 and it seems light years behind the newer versions
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-01-2009, 5:40 PM Reply   
After doing a bunch of research it seems like my options are...
Adobe Premiere 5.0 ---- $100.00
Adobe Elements 7.0 w/ Student discount $69.00
Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 ----- $200.00
Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 w/ student discount $340

It would be nice to have the full on Premiere pro cs4 but even with the student discount $340 is still kind of steep. I can still pull of decent stuff with elements? Or even Pro 1.5 might be a good option?

(Message edited by lakemiltonwake08 on March 01, 2009)
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-02-2009, 3:29 PM Reply   
Trying to get a deal on Premiere pro 2.0 on a local classified forum tonight. My underwater housing is in the mail, and then we are in business. Just need to lakes to unthaw.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-04-2009, 1:05 PM Reply   
I worked with 1.5 for a while, then did a couple projects in CS3, and now CS4. Really not a huge noticeable jump between the three for a beginning editor, and you could definitely get by with 1.5. The issues come with the new video formats (HD) and compatibility with software, but unless you have to have AVCHD editing capabilities, you should be fine with 1.5 or CS3.