Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-16-2014, 3:14 AM Reply   
It's always strange when you bump in to your old boat again. I owned a sport nautique for 6 or 7 years, I was the second owner. The first owner really looked after it ,the boat was pretty much spotless. I carried on the tradition of babying the boat, and restoring, repairing and replacing anything required to keep the boat in tip top condition. To be honest, I was probably a bit too keen ( read anal), didn't like getting the interior too wet, cleaned the boat top to bottom after every outing...

Fast forward 7 or 8 months after I sold the boat, cold wet day in early March and I see the boat sitting in the water at a marina, I was surprised as even the keenest amongst us at this latitude don't normally launch till the mid/end of April. Curiosity took over, so I went for a peek. No cover on, snap on bow cover off too, interior looking soaked and tired, vinyl looked messy, bimini (which was new when I sold the boat) torn. I felt a little sad, okay my opinion doesn't matter as it's not my boat anymore , such a good example of a late '90's boat now really looks like a 17 year old boat. Shame really.

Last edited by alcarlaw1; 03-16-2014 at 3:21 AM.