Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (mike916)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-17-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
My friend is 5'1" and she weights about 115lbs. Her favorite board is the premier and has never rode a nice women's board. What are the positives to riding a women's vs a men's? Does anyone have suggestions on a good board and bindings for her? She has been riding for about 3 years and can clear the wake but she stands hunched over. I thought that may be partly due to the boards that she rides. Thank you!
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-22-2007, 10:48 AM Reply   
not sure on the difference between boards. i started on a girl's and now ride a guy's and i like the guy's board way better. but i'd recommend the LF minx bindings. those were my first bindings and i really liked them a lot and they held up really well. fyi - tell your friend to act like she's sticking her chest out to get her to straighten up some when she rides.
Old     (finleym)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-24-2007, 9:04 PM Reply   
I use to ride the premier and I recently purchased the Liquid Force Jett, it is an awesome board. I was struggling with clearing toeside and after I got this board and a little coaching with a pro rider I can clear toeside consistently at 70 ft. It is also very light and has the softest landing of any board that I have ever ridden.