Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (gotboost)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-18-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
I'm tying to buy a boat and I think I've narrowed my choices down to a 2007 Tige 20v or the 2007 Sanger V215. Both boats pretty much have every option available except tower speakers, amps, etc. Which of the tow boats would you buy and why?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-18-2007, 5:31 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/477475.html?1184797981
clean as new with 6 year waranty. need to sell it now. has everything and if you dont like somthing we could work around it. lets make a deal and you will save thousands
Old     (heeb_v215)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-18-2007, 6:29 PM Reply   
Hey Brain what size spare prop do you have??And why are you selling?? Alsohow did you get the fiberglass swimdeckon an06 What is your price? Thanks

(Message edited by heeb_v215 on July 18, 2007)
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-18-2007, 8:44 PM Reply   
heeb, my boat was a late 06, i bought it in nov. my boat has a long story behind it but the short version is it was custom ordered and the guy that ordered it bounced his check. so i swooped in on the deal and it was what ever i wanted for my price and that ment putting an 07 fiberglass swim deck on her. i had to wait for it though till around march 07. what sucked was they wouldnt give me a loner until mine was done. i was kinda bumbed. should have called scott p, he wuld have fix it. anyway its a stock prop. another long story. someone dinged the original and was replaced with another regular stock prop. i was able to keep the original and my friend from liquid wrenches had it re-surfaced and its like new. i actually put the original back on and have the new one with a few hrs on it in the box. im seling her because i just like to try new boats. i really want to get into a vlx/lsv. used to own a cc. and one day would love to get into a mc. i just have a thing for the wakesetter right now. lots of features i really like. i.e bow ballest and power wedge and besides i can get a great deal on a 07 right now in my colors and opions. the one i want is sitting on the showroom floor so i need to move my boat quick. my sanger has ben great. i just want to own them all before i claim imo who's best. oh and i need to get min 42000 and hve lots of extras if someone wants to deal.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-18-2007, 8:46 PM Reply   
i would go with the 20v. i'm not giong to talk bad about the sangers but my family and friends have had bad experencies with sangers. if your going to be real big into wakebaording or wakesurfing go with the ballast. the tige speed set works great too no need for perfect pass. even if you don't have pp or the tige speed set its easy to hold a speed because of the fly by wire throttle, but accorce before you buy anything demo so your sure that you like it.
Old     (droon)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-18-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
I have a 2006 Sanger v215 and I absolutely love it. The stock wake it throws is perfect, seating perfect, handles great on the water too. I dont know what the Tige costs, but the Sanger is a great boat. Definitely install a perfect pass - don't believe anyone that speed set on tige or mc works as good as perfect pass. that's my 2 cents
Old    stillstandin            07-18-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
I know a lot of people with Sangers, and have never met, or even heard of somebody having a bad experience. Dont know much about Tige's
Old    bocephus            07-18-2007, 9:39 PM Reply   
Sanger is an awesome boat and will last forever! Mike and Kathy are great too!
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-18-2007, 10:44 PM Reply   
every boat that i've been in that has pp has to be recalibrated like every year. in my 05 tige i had it and hated it. every tige, mc, and bu that i've been in that has the speed set have all worked great, the demoing of the boat is for this exact reason if you don't like the speed set like some people say then the pp pay be a choice you might want to consider. its your money no one can tell you how to spend it besides yourself.
Old    stillstandin            07-18-2007, 10:54 PM Reply   
I have had perfect pass in two different boats for the past 5 years..Ive never had to recalibrate????? Not downing the other speed controls, I dont have very much experience with them.
Old     (heeb_v215)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-18-2007, 10:59 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Brain I have a person that is intersested in the Sanger I have an 06 and Love it so far,I will let him know,but if you want to swap out the swim platform I may be interested,Let me know if thats and option for you...Thanks Heeb
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 11:14 PM Reply   
i would go with bryans sanger, thats a really good lookin boat, nice job bryan!
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-18-2007, 11:18 PM Reply   
i dont think i would trade platform because i think it is a good addition for lookers. it ads a definit bling factor and is way easier to care for. try your dealer for a price on one. and you will reuse your original mounting brackets. they should be able to color match all there gel colors now. mine was one of the first that was not black and its great. and if you have someone intrested in my boat please give them my number, thanks heeb
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-18-2007, 11:32 PM Reply   
These boats are totally different in styling, which do you think looks better? As far as performance I would be suprised if the Tige drove better or could match the wake performance without a lot of ballast.
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-19-2007, 12:23 AM Reply   
I bought a used 06 sanger v215 like bryan's about 2.5 months ago and I love it. Not sure if there is a difference in the 07 model but I do not have a complaint so far and I have put just about 25 hours on it since i picked it up. I would also recommmend Bryan's because you are going to get more boat for your money than if you buy one off the showroom floor.
Old     (shawns_no_good)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-19-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
I've been behind a couple of Tige's and their wake for me was too vertical, it's a huge wall that can really launch you if you like that, but my preference is more of a rampy wake. Not sure if the 2007's wake is like that or not. I don't know about Sanger's wakes. I would recommend figuring out what's most important to you in a boat and demo both boats and see how they stack up in the area's that are important to YOU.
Old     (trash4life)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-19-2007, 1:10 PM Reply   
They are both going to be great boats. Go with whichever dealer has the best reputation and you have the best relationship with.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-19-2007, 6:56 PM Reply   
Sanger has a very rampy wake that is excellent for launching and a little easier to ride than real steep wakes. I too have a Sanger V215 and recommend them very highly. I've been in all the brands and feel Sanger makes as good as or better boat than most.

The Tige is nice but definetly smaller inside and doesn't handle nearly as well. That being said I'm sure if you had either you'd be happy but my bet is just a little happier in the Sanger.
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-19-2007, 9:50 PM Reply   
Buy this one. Sweet boat!

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/477475.html?1184882713
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-20-2007, 8:58 AM Reply   
Sanger!