Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-21-2010, 5:47 AM Reply   
New Enzo Stylings
Plus New Dash and Pure Vert type ballast
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sfr...39663122725105
http://www.centurioncrew.com/2011-Ce...ats-t3158.html
Attached Images

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-21-2010, 6:47 AM Reply   
http://www.centurioncrew.com/2011-CE...tml#entry34322
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-21-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
The only thing really exciting there to me is the purevert ballast. The dash is ok but I am not a fan of LCD screens yet. It is nice the bow is bigger. The single vent looks weird. The board racks look pretty decent. I still can't stand that they put those stupid hard tanks under the seats. That is an incredible waste of storage in my opinion. I guess it is nice the amount of ballast the boat has but I think they would be better served to put a plug an play in the rear vdrive lockers and open up the area under the seats for storage. That way if you are just out cruising and need the storage you have both rear lockers and all the area under all the seats.

How does the bow and center ballast work? is there a hard tank under the floor in the middle and another under floor in the bow?

I think if they had a plug and play system a customer who is big into surfing could easily adapt an enzo sack plus the 500 pound pure vert giving them 2000# of automatic/under the floor ballast on one side of the boat.

I like the idea of the walkover on the sundeck but I don't like that it looks like there isn't a cushion. I would prefer a cushion that can go in there when you want it or something you could lift when people are walking through.

The Seadeck is pretty interesting. I think I like snap in carpet better but if you can have both than win win. I always thought it was weird that they didn't use some sort of textered flooring under the carpet. You almost couldn't use the boat without the carpet because the smooth gelcoat was so slick when wet.

Have they put a drain in the cockpit yet? I seem to remember there was no drain into the bilge from the cockpit?

I do really like the overall lines, space, layout and surf ability of the Enzo 23 and 24. I hope they don't think they are going to get 70 or 80k for these though. In the 50-65 range maybe, but anything over that is crazy for a centurion.

Last edited by polarbill; 07-21-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-21-2010, 10:35 AM Reply   
Still not a fan of the center "bump" that goes from the walkway into the bow. If that was not there, then I would have considered a Centurion.

m-
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-21-2010, 11:24 AM Reply   
@Brett - most guys take out the hard tanks and plug Ezno sacs in. Takes about 30 min to change out the hard tanks. So if you take out the mid ship hard tank and plug an Enzo sac this would give you about 2,250lbs (500lb vert + 1,500 Enzo sac+ 250 bow) on each side plus 250lbs center tank. I also bet this updated Enzo comes with something close to $100K price tag! The 2010s are going for +/- $80K

@Mario -the center "bump" is a fairly large cooler. At 1st I did not like it on my Avy, but when you put the bow filler cushion in, it basically all one level when you step up onto the cooler. I have come to like the cooler better there than taking up room under the seats or rear locker.

I wish the entire ballast system was part of the vert system.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-21-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesurfer View Post
@Brett - most guys take out the hard tanks and plug Ezno sacs in. Takes about 30 min to change out the hard tanks. So if you take out the mid ship hard tank and plug an Enzo sac this would give you about 2,250lbs (500lb vert + 1,500 Enzo sac+ 250 bow) on each side plus 250lbs center tank. I also bet this updated Enzo comes with something close to $100K price tag! The 2010s are going for +/- $80K

@Mario -the center "bump" is a fairly large cooler. At 1st I did not like it on my Avy, but when you put the bow filler cushion in, it basically all one level when you step up onto the cooler. I have come to like the cooler better there than taking up room under the seats or rear locker.

I wish the entire ballast system was part of the vert system.
That is fine lakesurfer, but theb the storage compartments under the seat still aren't really accessable because they are fiberglass with the seat base attached to it. I just think it is better to have the option of using the storage when the ballast is empty vs not being able to use it at all.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-21-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
That is fine lakesurfer, but theb the storage compartments under the seat still aren't really accessable because they are fiberglass with the seat base attached to it. I just think it is better to have the option of using the storage when the ballast is empty vs not being able to use it at all.
I must be missing something. I have direct access to all of the storage under my seats on my Avy and I know the Enzo I ride is the same way. If the sacs are full you loose that storage, but if not, I get it all back. I can pick up all of my seat cushions and have access, they are not fiberglassed in.

I can basically lift my rear locker and see all the way to the bow.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-21-2010, 12:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
I must be missing something. I have direct access to all of the storage under my seats on my Avy and I know the Enzo I ride is the same way. If the sacs are full you loose that storage, but if not, I get it all back. I can pick up all of my seat cushions and have access, they are not fiberglassed in.

I can basically lift my rear locker and see all the way to the bow.
When I was selling Centurion's(07) the cockpit cushions that would sit above the factory hard tanks were secured to the liner. There was no way to lift these cushions. Yes, with factory hard tanks removed you could still access the storage area under but it would be from either end instead of just lifting the seat up. That is the only gripe I have. If I remember correctly the only way to access the storage area on the driver's side was from the rear locker. That basically make it useless in my opinion. Maybe they changed this since then though?

The avalanche doesn't it have this problem. It was only the enzo's because they have the midship hard tanks standard. The Avy doesn't have the option of stock ballast in the midship under the seats. It's stock ballast is under the floor in the center of the boat.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-21-2010, 12:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
When I was selling Centurion's(07) the cockpit cushions that would sit above the factory hard tanks were secured to the liner. There was no way to lift these cushions. Yes, with factory hard tanks removed you could still access the storage area under but it would be from either end instead of just lifting the seat up. That is the only gripe I have. If I remember correctly the only way to access the storage area on the driver's side was from the rear locker. That basically make it useless in my opinion. Maybe they changed this since then though?

The avalanche doesn't it have this problem. It was only the enzo's because they have the midship hard tanks standard. The Avy doesn't have the option of stock ballast in the midship under the seats. It's stock ballast is under the floor in the center of the boat.
That makes sense. The Enzo i was talking about was an 08 that did not have the midship ballast. So he just added the Enzo sacs and extra fill/empty lines.

If that is the case, that SUCKS!. I would rather not have the midship ballast and just upgrade the ballast myself. I guess you could take out the hard tanks and cut openings in the fiber glass for access. But who wants to do that when you spend $80k on a boat.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-21-2010, 2:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
That makes sense. The Enzo i was talking about was an 08 that did not have the midship ballast. So he just added the Enzo sacs and extra fill/empty lines.

If that is the case, that SUCKS!. I would rather not have the midship ballast and just upgrade the ballast myself. I guess you could take out the hard tanks and cut openings in the fiber glass for access. But who wants to do that when you spend $80k on a boat.
Exactly. Mayeb they already changed this but I kind of doubt it.

I also think that any Centurion with an actual sell price of 80k+ is retarded. When I was selling them we had a 24 Enzo with the most upgraded gelcoat, tower speakers, swivel racks, bimini, heater, perfect pass, switchblade, all 5 ballast tanks and pretty much every option possible on a centurion plus a fancy sport boat trailer with 20's. We were selling for 60-65 I think.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-21-2010, 2:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Exactly. Mayeb they already changed this but I kind of doubt it.

I also think that any Centurion with an actual sell price of 80k+ is retarded. When I was selling them we had a 24 Enzo with the most upgraded gelcoat, tower speakers, swivel racks, bimini, heater, perfect pass, switchblade, all 5 ballast tanks and pretty much every option possible on a centurion plus a fancy sport boat trailer with 20's. We were selling for 60-65 I think.
From my understanding, the new 2010 and now 2011 Enzo have really stepped it up quality wise. I have been told the new 2011 interior is on par with Bu 247 (that is from a guy that owned several Bu and is not trying to sell me a boat). I believe Centurion had made a real effort in the last 2 years to upgrade their quality so they can be in the upper tier with Bu/CC/MC. With that said, I find it hard to want to pay $80-100K for any boat that does not have AC, bathroom, kitchen, etc.