Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-15-2004, 5:04 PM Reply   
So I have(had)1997 GMC Sierra and 2 months ago I decided to pay it off(almost $11k)to save on the full coverge and only get liability.It is only worth about $9k.I was paying $2400.00 anually and went down to $700.00 anually.
Deal right?!?! wrong!!!

then last night my truck gets stolen.SUUUCKS!!!
Old     (cwbrider14)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-15-2004, 5:08 PM Reply   
That really sucks man. I hate to hear about someone getting ripped off. I hope they find it fast.. Good luck.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-15-2004, 7:43 PM Reply   
damn! sorry to hear that big ed! you know i'd pull your boat if i had a truck.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-15-2004, 10:14 PM Reply   
Yeah I'm sure that's what you are worried about,your pulls!J/K
I was really BUMMED at first but I'm getting over it,little by little.
Though it's gonna get tough when I wanna go out and no towing vehicle to tow my boat!!!OMG I just realized!!DAAAAAAAWWWMMM
In reality I realized it earlier but it's really gonna hurt later.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-16-2004, 7:35 AM Reply   
that's it I'm going at lunch to put a toe hitch on the Subaru
Old     (whazzup)      Join Date: Oct 2001       12-16-2004, 7:44 AM Reply   
Ed, sorry to hear about your loss.
I see in your profile that you live in Van Nuys. I live a little south of you in Sherman Oaks and have had my car broken into twice in the past 6 months. I heard that thieves are targeting our area specifically. If you need a pull shoot me an email.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-16-2004, 7:46 AM Reply   
that sucks Ed.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-16-2004, 8:40 AM Reply   
^%#*@&#%* Bastards! Really sorry to hear about this, Ed! Why can't people respect other people's property?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-16-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
I had a friend who while living is SD bought a new Suzuki 600cc crotch rocket. He had it for a month and a half and it was stolen from his work. The worst thing was that his work has it on the surveillance camera so he has a copy of two dudes stealing his baby. Two years later he's still paying it off, poor bastard. Good luck with getting your $#!T back, may Karma strike them down.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-16-2004, 9:48 AM Reply   
that sucks. I know what you are going through. my blazer was stolen from my driveway in february. the good thing is, that I got it back 10 days later, in relatively good shape. about 1200 miles on it, but not bad shape. keep your hopes up!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-16-2004, 10:00 AM Reply   
Thanks for the simpathy guys it really feel good when fellow WB feel your pain and are willing to help out any way they can.
I'm still being alittle hopefull,Talked to some guys and pretty much if I don't get it back in 72hrs the chance decrease tremendously.

Thomas ~ I wish I just get it back with some miles on it and maybe a few dents!!Something tells me that IF I get it back it's gonna be missing parts and maybe in the mountains somewhere thrown down the hill.
Anyway my point is,I think my truck as I know it is gone forever.
Gid ~ I really appreciate you offering me some pulls,believe me it's gonna come back to ya!!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-16-2004, 10:06 AM Reply   
That sucks! Believe me, I know what that is like. Has happened to me also.

In a previous life (career) I had the extreme plesure of catching these butheads, and putting them where they belong. Man! I miss those good times!

Keep yur chin up. Plenty of friends out there will gladly give your boat a pull to the lake.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-16-2004, 10:25 AM Reply   
sucks man... The whole insurance thing is such a gamble. After being run into by 2 un-insured motorists I made it a point to carry complete insurance on all my vehicles. I've probably paid the insurance company more money than my cars are worth, but I like the security.

Anyway, Karma does suck and they'll pay the price. Hopefully you get it back. Maybe they just needed to borrow it for a dump run.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-16-2004, 11:24 AM Reply   
my buddies car got stolen this summer. when he got it back it was just a shell, they stripped it bare!
Old    bambamski            12-16-2004, 11:41 AM Reply   
That really sucks Ed! I hope they catch the bastards!

On a side note
I have a 1997 GMC Sierra for sale. Just want to get rid of it so I'm blowing it out for 500 bucks or so. It doesn't come with tires or stereo, or doors, or an engine, or brakes, or tranny, or diff,

Ok sorry I'm an ass
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-16-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
HAHAHAA yes I would AGREE PAT
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-16-2004, 12:35 PM Reply   
my accord probably made it into mexico back in june.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-16-2004, 12:37 PM Reply   
MEXICO,I though of that 1st but it can be soo many things!
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       12-16-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
That defintely sucks man. I know what it is like to have stuff stolen. It really pisses me off that people work their butt off at work to get the stuff that they want. Then somebody comes along and steals it just because they are too lazy to get a real job. Good luck with getting a new ride or finding your old one, (maybe even in one piece!)
Old    dingo_davey            12-16-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   

meow
Old     (whitewookie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-16-2004, 1:46 PM Reply   
I don't get it!?
Old     (whazzup)      Join Date: Oct 2001       12-16-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
Ed, anytime you feel like riding let me know. I run about 3000lbs in my VLX so it might be close to the wake in your boat. I've seen pics of your wake and its huuuuuuuge. I dont think I've ever seen your boat at Castaic. Where do you usually ride?
I think Andy posted some pics of my wake a couple of days ago in the Castaic thread.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-16-2004, 3:13 PM Reply   
yes i did in fact!
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-16-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
That's a horrible story. I'm sorry to hear that. You can do what I do about the tow vehicle. I just have my buddy pull the boat with his F-250 diesel. I never have to drive anywhere since my pos truck won't pull my boat.
Old    dave_willyams            12-16-2004, 6:43 PM Reply   
nice cat
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-16-2004, 10:08 PM Reply   
Ed,

I am really sory to hear about what happened..Hope it is found soon and the bastards who stole it get some "deliverence" action while they are in jail

If you have the time on thursday/friday and want a pull and drive at san v in a 211....you are always to come (if you dont mind a newbie) just drop a email....
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-16-2004, 10:09 PM Reply   
i have time!!! and i love newbies...helping them out w/ tips, anyway.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-17-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
Joe ~ STAY OUT OF IT!!!

Mike ~ as a matter of fact I don't work fridays so I am VERY INTERESTED!!

Gid ~ Thanks for the compliment your wake looks sick also,I checked it out on Andy's post.you guys RIP!!

Summer time it's DELTA these days I'll go to castaic and Pyramid and Elsinore when I'm getting something worked on my boat.We should definetly hook up!!

William Davey ~ he is just a clown trying to start crap all the time.Since everybody was feeling sorry for me he though to post a pic of a cute cat.
Old    buttacup            12-18-2004, 7:33 PM Reply   
Hey Ed, long time no talk! You should've just left the comprehensive on there and liability. I've talked with a lot of my customers and soome have had the same thing happen. Good luck with your next purchase. Anyway I do have a pickup and can store your boat in my backyard, right on the water . Not sure if I'll make it down to Mammoth in Feb but you should come up to Whistler with me and Teri next month. HOpe to ride with you guys soon.

Lynsey
Old     (2step)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-19-2004, 5:34 AM Reply   
Not just another GTA story.
So I used to live in Carlsbad just north of San Diego. In 2002 I bought a Yamaha R1 (Crotch Rocket), I loved it, it was my baby and where better to have a bike than on the coast. Well in late December 2002 as you know a lot of military got called up to go overseas and I got invited to go. So for about six months all I could think about (other than staying alive) was riding down the Pacific Coast Highway with any hot SoCal girl on my back. Well the day finally came they said congratulations you guys are going home. We all load on the plane and start our journey home. So by now I am going insane I can almost feel the bike. I got back at 1:30am. I went directly to my buddy’s house where my bike was sitting safely in his garage with a cover on it. I got on it and headed to the Hilton Garden Inn in Carlsbad (5min away at 130mph), got my room and went to bed so I could get up early and take my girlfriend for a ride down the coast. So at about 7:30am my girlfriend gives me the alarm clock that every guy wants, just in time for my mom to walk in on us. Okay so this day is starting out bad well it gets worse after about an hour of calming my mom and girlfriend down I was like screw this I am going for a ride so my girlfriend and I leather up and head out to the parking lot and the bike was gone….. I had been back from Iraq for less than eight hours and some what I had been dreaming about for 6 months. All the very helpful Carlsbad PD told me was that “it is probably already in Tijuana but we will take a look for it.” Well while I was overseas I paid about 5k on the bike and still owed quite a bit. The insurance company was thought they were helpful but still left me owing about 1,500 and the California DMV sent me a bill for the registration that expired while I was gone. Well sorry if this was too long but the Moral of the story is
1. Park under a security camera
2. Get Gap Insurance
3. Lock the door when you are getting a BJ
Learn from me,
Chris
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-19-2004, 7:03 AM Reply   
Chris,

Soory to hear about the bike... Appreciate the real world experience (too funny) and advice...
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-19-2004, 12:24 PM Reply   
I had a Jeep Wrangler about 5 years ago. ONe day I go outside and the soft top was ripped to shreads. My Sterio Was gone so I called my Insurance and he told me the deductible was 500 bucks. So I didnt reprt it. 2 nonths later it happend agian, another sterio gone. This time I claimed it on my insurance. DThey didnt pay out due to the sterio was not worth 500 bucks. a few months later it happend again, I claimed this time becasue the sterio and some other stuff got stolen. My insurance dropped me and still didnt pay out anything. I sold that piece of crap Jeep. Insurance Companies are rip offs.