Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-03-2012, 11:09 AM Reply   
I ride a pearl, but had a chance to ride the carbon pro, let me tell you , I immediatly went home and started sanding down the rails on my IS. The Phase Five was way more responsive and fast, so now I'm trying to sharpen the rails on the Pearl to get some speed and edge to edge response. Since I cant afford a Carbon pro this is my only option. Lets hope it works!
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-03-2012, 12:18 PM Reply   
Interesting, I love my Black Pearl (single fin), but may have to see if I can demo a Carbon Pro now.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-03-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
I love it too! but that carbon pro was just so much faster, and more responsive. Thats how I roll my pearl, with a single speed line fin, the 3/4in one. The Carbon Pro has a much sharper edge, I'm hoping the pearl will act a bit different by me sharpening up the rail.
Old     (jfd)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-04-2012, 11:59 AM Reply   
Good luck with that! Tell us how it went and if you can post pics of before/after or during the process, it woulb be appreciated!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-05-2012, 3:02 PM Reply   
The carbon pro is tough to beat. Such a fun board

Sharpening the rails seems like it would help the Black Pearl a bit. Inland Surfer made the rails sharper on the Keenan for 2012 compared to 2011, and I really liked the difference in the ride.
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-09-2012, 5:40 AM Reply   
I rode the Trident Carbon and the Keenan this weekend. The Trident was too big for my liking, but man was it fast. Still rode great, just felt huge.
The Keenan may have been the most fun board I have ridden. Was really surprised I could ride that small of a board with no trouble. Spins so easy, and the shuvs were effortless. I thought my first shuv was going to overspin to 3shuv. Still love my BP, but may look at something smaller.