Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-18-2010, 11:34 AM Reply   
Anyone here been to St. Croix? Good/Bad/Yes/No?

Looking for a travel spot to do a Ironman or Half Ironman race at next year. There is the St. Croix 70.3 in May. We'd be looking to rent a house/townhome/condo deal and outside of the race, mostly chill, eat out once a day at most, camp out at the beach so our little one can play on the beach.

There's San Juan, Puerto Rico in March, but I kinda like May date better. Don't want to do Cancun 70.3, did Cozumel Ironman last Nov. Not really looking to do the Hawaii 70.3 and I'm signed up to do Clearwater Fl 70.3 this coming Nov. So St. Croix is appealing date wise and we've never been there (been to the Bahama's and all over that side of Mexico).
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-18-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
We have a place in St.Thomas which is right on the water and a ferry ride away from St.Croix.
Attached Images

Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-18-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
We actually have 3 but 2 are rented out full time.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-19-2010, 8:50 AM Reply   
St.Thomas would be nice too. I think we'll just want to stick to St Croix, maybe do a day trip or two via boat for fun.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-19-2010, 9:50 AM Reply   
Dave... that doesn't suck.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       08-19-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
Dave...My family goes to st. thomas quite a bit...do you rent your place to vacationers? If so, send me the details...mayybe I can generate some business for you? dan@depswa.com
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-19-2010, 1:43 PM Reply   
We do rent yes.

http://www.cabrita-by-the-sea.com/
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-12-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
I just did St John in April. I rented a house and we had a decent time. However, if I were to go again, I would be renting sailboat and staying onboard. Islands are too small, and the neat things to do\see are scattered throughout the islands. The main beaches are beautiful, but crowded. However, with a boat you can go find your own beach to let te kids run on.

We only used the house for a place to crash. We didn't hang out there much. I would have preferred to be mobile.