Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-19-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
I have an 05 chevy 2500 with tan cloth seats...

I have been looking EVERYWHERE to find some leather seats. All I can find are covers.

Any thoughts?
Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-19-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
most dealerships have a local shop that they work with to install leather seats in vehicles. I have never went that route but twice now a salesman has offered to have leather installed by a local shop and roll it into the price of the truck.

I would ask some dealerships who they use. I will always have leather seats but they also will be heated. They should be able to install heaters too but that will be more money.
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-19-2007, 9:52 PM Reply   
Heaters? we need coolers here.
Seen on a lot of shows, and mags, can look sweet.
Check them out:
http://www.katzkin.com/
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-19-2007, 11:04 PM Reply   
http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/seatheatac.html

Heated seats, ventilation, cooling...
Do it all and just get a local upholstery shop do redo your seats with leather.
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-20-2007, 5:44 AM Reply   
I installed a set of two tone katzkins in my 07 Sierra about 6 months ago and I have been extremely pleased with them. It is somewhat of a pain to do yourself because you need to take the seats out of the truck and remove the cloth covers before you put the leather on but if you are somewhat handy you can save a lot of money by doing it yourself. I got mine from a group buy on gmfullsize.com but you can also get them here.

http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=770

The kits come with everything you need for your specific interior including headrests and center consoles. I personally think that mine came out much nicer than the stock leather from GM.
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-21-2007, 2:08 PM Reply   
We use Katzkins through the dealership I work at. Just make sure to have a quality shop install them, ask to see some of their work, referrals etc.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-22-2007, 5:35 AM Reply   
There is also www.autoleathers.com - but I think they just sell Katzkins.
Old     (karkid)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-23-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
katzkins is the way to go, just gotta find a good shop. you might have to drive a bit.