Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-24-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
So two weeks ago while learning a Whirly Bird I blew out one of my Nice bindings. Okay yeah it is time to replace them. But can not find anything that compares. I have a pair of LF transits, that are fairly comfortable, but way to stiff. Plus each binding weighs 1 lb more, kind of heavy. Tried out a pair of Ronix Ones, what the hell is deal with them? My feet where 1.5" closer to the heal edge. Even when I put the bindings as close to the toe edge as I could they were still 1/2" closer to the heal edge with ability to adjust the angle.

Anyway, if anyone out there still has a pair of Medium Nice bindings like the one in the picture lets talk. I have a lot of beer to offer.

Upload
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-25-2007, 5:33 AM Reply   
I used the Nice Scarecrows for a season or two. Now I am using the CWB Faction - you may want to give them a try
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-25-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
I have an old but functional pair of 04ish Nice PRS1s in med. Not exactly the same as what you are looking for though.

Too bad Nice coudn't market their products better. They made good stuff.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-25-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
I have a brand new pair of Nice bindings but they are size small and they lace in the back. I won them and I am a wakesurfer so I don't have a use for them.
Old     (billyjodonjimbo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-25-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
I have some medium psr1s from 2003. Kinda similar to that I guess.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-25-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
I'm still using my Nice RG-1s. Best bindings I've ever tried and I've tried a lot of new bindings.

Good luck in your search! If anyone finds any 05 Rg-1s or Gonzalez Bindings in Large I'd love to get some more!
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-25-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
man... you liked those better than Ronix Ones??? I must be dreaming... did you put the wrong plate with the wrong binding?? there must be a right and a left plate and you may have installed them the wrong way... it's impossible otherwise... I never was impressed with Nice's products... and Ronix Ones are like miles ahead...
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-29-2007, 1:10 PM Reply   
Don't get me wrong the Ronix bindings felt really comfortable but they totally screwed up my ride. I have several brands of bindings all of which put my foot within about 1/8" of each other except for the Ronix bindings which moved my foot 1-1/2" closer to the heel edge. I am not sure what they were thinking on the design. Kind of surprised other people haven't noticed this.

Anyway, after a couple beers this weekend I decided to fix my bindings. Hopefully this will hold until I can find a replacement set.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome
Upload
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-30-2007, 7:20 AM Reply   
Lyle your SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO old School.
I have a pair of med Concretes if you want em they are yours just pay for shipping.
How have you been anyways I have have been out of the loop since we had the twins.
Only made it on the water like 10 times this year.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-30-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
I still ride my 04 Nice bindings on my ROAM, they kick ass. Not as comfy as my Cells, but they were pretty damn comfy...
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-01-2007, 3:20 PM Reply   
Old school all the way baby. The problem as illustrated is I can't find some replacements. I might have to take one of you guys up on the old pair of nice. If you would be willing to part with them.

Itch congrats on the twins. I nevered tried Concrete bindings. Are they any good?

Skiin made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-02-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
Hell yeah
Nice and comfy and lock down good but yet tweaking things out is no problem.
ITCH
Call me
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-02-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
Itch, congrats on the twins ya have any small CD wraps. Been looking for small for over two years. I never should of got rid of mine ugh.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-03-2007, 6:50 PM Reply   
Yeah Squid I still have those small wraps we talked about two years ago I put em my trunk and they are still there email me you addie I will send em next week.
ITCH
Old    jayp            11-05-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
Looks like you stitched those up pretty good Lyle. So did you land it? The Whirlybird.
Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-05-2007, 7:04 PM Reply   
Lyle,
Have you checked out the Roam ?

Upload
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-08-2007, 8:48 AM Reply   
Sydwayz,
Thanks I might check them out. I am kind of an anti-hyperheavy fan but if I love them I could always rip the label off spray paint them or something.

Itch,
Hey I might be in to checking out the concrete bindings. If I remember right aren't they kind of like the nice bindings?