Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-14-2007, 7:14 PM Reply   
I was told by a dealer today that centurion has two boats coming out next year in the 30k range.
Anyone else heard about this?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-14-2007, 8:02 PM Reply   
hmm news to me the 30k price point would be tough but ya never know
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-15-2007, 11:06 PM Reply   
by 30k they probably means starts at less than 40k
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-16-2007, 2:23 PM Reply   
I got an 07 elite vc4. 32k plus tax title yadda yadda.. Great first v-drive boat! The built in ballast is almost unrecognizable so I'm keeping barefoot intl in business buying up bags as fast as I can. It's been tough (frustrating) getting a big wake off it but I think with a few thousand pounds you will be hard pressed to find a better boat for the buck. I have about 50 hours on it and nothing is wrong with it mechanically or otherwise (knock on wood). I have the merc 330hp tower decent stereo (50 bux I added the ipod hookup myself in 5 minutes). The only "feature" lacking is perfect pass which is yet to come. I think BASE it's like 30,200 or so with bare bones no stereo small v8 no built in ballast. Just a v-drive w/ a tower.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-16-2007, 2:27 PM Reply   
Wow thats a really good price for a new V-drive, thats almost unheard of. Where did you purchase the boat at?
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       07-16-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
I just picked up an 06 elite vc4. The ballast is nothing. I have 2 750# 2 260# and a 150#. Makes a good surf wake. Not as long as some I have seen but I think I need more weight in the front. A must is the PP. Can't beat it if you want to surf.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-16-2007, 2:44 PM Reply   
You wont find that price anywhere around the East coast! Unless the dealer is blowing them out the door. Sorry that does not sound right. was that with a trailer? Who was the dealer there might be a few people interested in that deal
Old     (cyclonesurfer)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-16-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
In minnesota you cant get a a Centurion Cyclone c4 with tower stereo and single ballast for around 32,500 out the door. Im not totally sure on how much the elite V is up here.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-16-2007, 3:20 PM Reply   
We need the name of that dealer to. I am sure there might be some people interested in that price for current "Out the door" Cyclone for 32,500
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-16-2007, 3:46 PM Reply   
I think we are talking about an elite C4, best price I could negotiate when I was looking for a boat was around $37,500 for a pretty bare bones 06 elite v wakeboard boat. Settled for an 05 Avy storm 1 used for $31,500. Only had 57 hours and I thought I got an awesome deal. So to hear that someone just got an 07 elite v for 32k thats pretty unbelievable
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-16-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
I know my dealer just sold an 05 Cyclone demo for 32k not out the door and lost quite a bit of cash on the deal so I have a Very hard time believing Scott and Brians numbers especially when they guy that bought the 05 drove down from MN to pick it up.

I am not saying that there numbers can't be true just very had to reconcile what I know with what they are saying

(Message edited by krbaugh on July 16, 2007)
Old     (nyelland)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-16-2007, 8:42 PM Reply   
I got an 05' elite v C4 loaded (PP, Ballast, stereo, racks, ballast, binimi). we bought it in December 05'. We paid 35,900 but out the door it was like 46,000 with the extended warranty. I shoped up and down, and I think that we got a good deal. Everyone wants to think that they got "the deal of a lifetime", but in reality most people pay a fair price for thier boats.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-16-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
the only thing is that you have to inflate it.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-17-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
The dealer said was they were new to selling centurion and trying to get the branding out. My intent was yes the original poster is correct you CAN get a usable new v-drive for ~30k. Realistically though who doesn't want/need board racks ballast stereo or perfect pass? I either bought it with or immediately after on my own or plan on it in the next couple months.

As for the naysayers... I don't see what I would gain by coming online and lying about how much I paid for something, in the end the payments are what they are and posting a scanned pic of the invoice would be silly to prove a point. My question to them is have they asked, looked, or shopped for the prices? Or just for some unknown reason not agreeing for the sake of argument? (silly I know it _is_ the internet.) I happened to walk in off the street told them what I was looking for and walked off with a deopsit check in their hands. I have spent over 12 hours buying a car before (nightmare) and the boat deal took less than a total of 3 hours (spanned over a couple days) TOTAL from walk in to drive off boat attached not feeling robbed or angry about any part of the process.

All eyez is right add all the tax, tags, reg, handling fees, and all that BS and it ended up right at 37k.

Neil I have basically the same thing minus the PP and racks (~2k?) and did not get the warranty ($??).}
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-17-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
"The dealer said was they were new to selling centurion and trying to get the branding out"
Ok that makes more sense the dealer is going by the lose money on each sale but make it up in volume philosophy. But seriously that is one screaming deal! Generally speaking Centurion consumers are not going to find the 30K price point on a V drive.....What 08 brings well thats another subject
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-17-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
Thats kinda what I got quoted out the door, was $37,500. I thought when you posted 32k that was the final price. That is still a decent deal if you ask me, I definitely contemplated it till I found the used avalanche. New elite v's are pretty sweet and people are able do get a quality wakeboard boat for under 40k. I would say Centurion, Supreme, and Moomba are the best at selling affordable wakeboats
Old     (midlifecrisis)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-17-2007, 3:27 PM Reply   
Scott got his ride at the same dealer as I did (Surfside Marine). I was their 2nd Centurion sale and got a killer deal on my 07 Avy. They recently got the franchise from another dealer locally and as Scott says, they are trying to get the brand out there. Unfortunately, what they received from the prior dealer was a bad mix of product so they are trying to dump this product at affordable prices. For the money I paid, I have no regrets. Solid, solid wb boat!
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-17-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
Rick do you know if they are going to continue to carry the line or if they're dumping centurion stock and brand as a whole? Thus far surfside has been a dream to work with service was a touch on the slow side but thats to be expected in Az this time of year. They even split the repairs of something which was half my fault for not preemptively studying? knowing? and the other half their fault for not educating. I am pleased enough to be a repeat customer. I hope to trade it in when I wear it out for a nice blinged out 24' something haha
Old     (midlifecrisis)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-17-2007, 4:33 PM Reply   
I am certain they are keeping the brand. Matter of fact they are in the process of opening another showroom a couple miles of away. Good folks there and I agree the service is slow but expected for selling the # of lines they do. Put a pic of your boat on your profile. That way when I see you out at Pleasant I can holler or mooch a brewski off ya.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-18-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
Totally. Edited.
Old     (midlifecrisis)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-18-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
Sweet ride, Scott. We will be looking for ya. Watch for the red Avy - cold beers on board. We are usually in Goose Bay hanging on the far end. Good place to board...