Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-23-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
Does anyone know what his pass consisted of?
Old    wakeworld_2005            05-23-2005, 11:14 AM Reply   
A lot of awesome stuff! :-)

Blind Pete
Nuclear Whirly
Pete Rose
Backside 5 (maybe)
Switch HS 9 off the double

I start getting all the runs mixed up since he rode 3 times in just a couple of hours! Andrew's run against Phillip was amazing though...probably better than Harf's run in the final. Andrew finished with a Heelside Mobe 5 off the double up and he said it was probably his best run on a wakeboard ever!
Old    wakeworld_2005            05-23-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
By the way, Phillip had NEVER (even in practice) landed a Blind Pete and he did one two runs in a row to join Danny as the only guys doing them.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-23-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
Andrew was going huge and was one of the only few to hit the kicker. His S-bends and 313s (I think) were some of the biggest I have seen. Phillip did good as well, landing a blind Pete Rose but missing the handle a few times on his final runs. Sorry I cant answer your question though Harf was the only one to land the double up attempts.

Didnt Phillip try a 1080 off the double up?
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-23-2005, 11:28 AM Reply   
I got to ride with Danny and Andrew this past Wednesday in Orlando, and it was amazing. Andrew stuck two heelside nose grab back mobe 5s off the double up, and was excited about trying them in the comp. Danny was trying (not riding away from) nuclear whirly 5s. Danny landed two blind petes while riding doubles with Rusty. Oh, and the number of 7s and 9s between them could not be counted. So, looks like this competition season will be awesome!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-23-2005, 11:40 AM Reply   
you lucky dog!!!
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-23-2005, 11:45 AM Reply   
J-Rod, sure am!

The funniest thing was, when Danny and Rusty were riding doubles, and Rusty fell, Danny picked up the other handle and did a huge raley with a handle in each hand. Andrew looked at me and said, "That's got to be the coolest thing I've ever seen anybody do on a wakeboard."

Oh, and Danny whooped my arse at foosball.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-23-2005, 11:58 AM Reply   
if it's true that's amazing about phillip. it's almost hard to believe tho. why would you try a trick during your competition run that you've never landed? i thought the whole knock against competition riding was that it's too safe. is that changing now because competition is that much more intense that folks are trying things they don't know they can do?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-23-2005, 12:05 PM Reply   
That's what I was thinking.

Luke. I wish I could have seen that. A raley is such a simple trick for a guy like Harf. I can only imagine how big that must have been
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-23-2005, 12:27 PM Reply   
Phillip did try a 1080 in the final round but dropped the handle. He actually landed on the board 1080 but couldn't get that last handle pass. The riding at the comp was really impressive.

Not long ago it was a big deal to do a 7 off the wake, but it's just part of everyone's run now.
Old    jmac_04            05-24-2005, 12:37 PM Reply   
Here is some footage I got of the double ups. The quality isn't the greatest.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=15005
Old     (mikel)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-24-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
Hey Jimmy! Thanks for posting those.

Looked like a decent venue. Hope there was a good crowd turnout.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-24-2005, 1:07 PM Reply   
that nose grab mobe 5 was sweet!
Old    blind5            05-24-2005, 1:09 PM Reply   
My buddy matt sims tried a few yesterday (10s), he is getting really close as well. It will be any day now that someone will stick it.

(Message edited by blind5 on May 24, 2005)
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-24-2005, 1:24 PM Reply   
Andrew's Mobe 5 is bad as hell. So much cooler looking than a hucked 9.
Old     (wkbddad)      Join Date: May 2005       05-31-2005, 6:39 PM Reply   
Phillip did the blind pete in the first finals matchup(#1 vs. #8) with Brian Francis. Felt he could still beat Brian even if he fell on it. Unfortunately he tried it again in the semifinal matchup with Andrew and fell. Andrew and Danny really rode great that day.