Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       07-16-2012, 8:40 AM Reply   
my handle ripped this weekend and its about 4 years old and my rope is worn out also. What are good handles that wont destroy my hands? And are there any good combo setups out there?
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-16-2012, 9:16 AM Reply   
Been really happy with this:

http://www.prolineropes.com/proline_lg_package.php

(Especially since I got one on clearance at Dicks last year for $35)
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-16-2012, 9:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
Been really happy with this:

http://www.prolineropes.com/proline_lg_package.php

(Especially since I got one on clearance at Dicks last year for $35)
Wow is that common? 35 Bucks what month?
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-16-2012, 9:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartt3 View Post
Wow is that common? 35 Bucks what month?
Sometimes it pays to be in the midwest. When the watersports season ends here, they usually slash their remaining stock to 50% off. That put it at $50. Then I had a $15 off a purchase of $50 or more coupon. So is it common? No, but it does happen. I believe it was in September.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-16-2012, 10:30 AM Reply   
I just bought a prolonged with the plastic coating on it and love it! It runs through your hands with no burn at all. But this years handles I'm not to big on luckily I had a carbon fiber one from 2 years ago I threw on my new rope!
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       07-16-2012, 10:43 AM Reply   
I used one of my friends proline handles that was this years and i ended up with two blood blisters. I don't want any more of those.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-16-2012, 1:19 PM Reply   
You gotta ride more bruh
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       07-16-2012, 1:32 PM Reply   
I ride three days a week and take two-three sets a day.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-16-2012, 4:08 PM Reply   
Damn ur hands should be super conditioned by now . I didn't like the sl Handle that has the oblonged shape cuz it felt like it spun in my grip. But didn't seem to hurt or anything
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       07-16-2012, 7:13 PM Reply   
I used the lgs series handle that destroyed my hands, but I did like the size of the handle it fit my hands real well. I was looking at the lg series and it seems to look a lot more smooth compared to the lgs since there is less stitching. Am i right or wrong?
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-16-2012, 7:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwalkbeast View Post
I used the lgs series handle that destroyed my hands, but I did like the size of the handle it fit my hands real well. I was looking at the lg series and it seems to look a lot more smooth compared to the lgs since there is less stitching. Am i right or wrong?
FWIW, the LG handle has never torn my hands up...

Also, there is a good deal on Company rope/handle combos on ebay right now. Not sure if you like the "tractor grip" style handles or not...
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       07-16-2012, 7:44 PM Reply   
Haha I hate tractor grips! i had one for a week and got a new handle! thanks for the help! As of right now I'm sold on the lg series.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-16-2012, 7:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwalkbeast View Post
Haha I hate tractor grips! i had one for a week and got a new handle! thanks for the help! As of right now I'm sold on the lg series.
Its a good bang for the buck. There are better out there, but they cost a good bit more.