Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dgreene)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-08-2012, 2:54 PM Reply   
Name:  IMG_2354.JPG
Views: 641
Size:  47.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2353.JPG
Views: 634
Size:  43.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2358.JPG
Views: 646
Size:  46.3 KB

Name:  IMG_8324.JPG
Views: 642
Size:  71.6 KB

Name:  IMG_8325.JPG
Views: 641
Size:  67.4 KBI have an 08 SAN 230 and me and my family mainly if not always surf now and was wondering if it would be worth while going to a 233 enzo for the surf wake. I have never surfed behind one so really wondering if i load the 230 right i would be as good as the enzo. Right now i run stock ballast full on which ever side we are on with the belly tank also full an have plumbed in 750 bags in the rear compartments and then i throw a 400 in the back seat an a 400 in the bow. I have never owed anything but correct craft an was also wondering how the finish on a new enzo would compare. Thanks for the help,.

Last edited by dgreene; 07-08-2012 at 3:00 PM.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-08-2012, 3:11 PM Reply   
You can get a great wave out of a 230, but it is going to take a lot of weight and sacs all on the seats (since not great space under the surf side seats).

As for the 233, you can run nearly 5,000lbs of ballast on a 233/244 (and its all under the seats). The 233 will have an amazing wave on one side (you can pick based on prop rotation) and a very good wave on the other (note: you can get an amazing wave on the opposite side but it will take about 700lbs more). As for fit and finish, Centurion has really stepped it up with the 2012 Enzo line. The finish out is top notch (but not quite as nice as a Bu). In addition, you will get a better rough water ride and a ton more storage. Here are a few picks of mine. The one of the surf wave is driver and all weight under seats (around 2,400lbs)

Note: I am a big Nati fan. I actually take my 244 to a Nati dealer for service since they are much closer than Centurion dealer. I just dont think Nati 210/230 are one of the top surf boats. I would be willing to bet the new Nati will have a monster wave, but I will never know since it cost $130K.
Attached Images

Old     (dgreene)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-08-2012, 3:17 PM Reply   
Very nice boat and great wave. With mine loaded my wave is not near that long but is tall. I am going to a dealer next week just to look. Thanks
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-08-2012, 3:53 PM Reply   
I talked to this guy recently, this is a 2012 SAN 210, and the wake looks fantastic. He said its good on the other side also, but I haven't seen it or anything. Pay attention when he recovers riding revert, its a skim, but still harder to recover revert, boat seems to have good push, and its very clean.

I have never been a huge fan of the looks of the SAN, but your red and black one is pretty darn good looking, hope you are able to get a great wave out of it.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-08-2012, 4:14 PM Reply   
I believe the Minnesota wake surf tournament was pulled by a 230 last year and the wave was suppose to be great. Just took a lot of weight (which is not a big deal) but because of the reversible seating it is hard to get much of it under the side seats.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-08-2012, 4:36 PM Reply   
@lake, how well do those rear facing lights work? I miss our tower lights from the 24Ve when riding the Z3. We close down the lake all the time and surf into the low light, would be great to have some rear facing lights again.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-08-2012, 5:10 PM Reply   
@ragboy: they are are super bright LED and work great. The ones on the outside of the tower actually swivel 180 degrees. To be honest, I dont use them much. We dont go out at night much and will only run them when the boat is moving (in TX white lights attract bugs like crazy). I only have them for the few times a year we will head out on a week day and night surf from 9pm-1 am. It lights the wave up great and since they are LED they dont draw much on the batteries.

Note: if we are just chilling at night, I have red LEDs (which dont attracted bugs) all in the boat.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-08-2012, 5:30 PM Reply   
Who makes them, do you know? The ones on the Ve are super bright, work great, but not LED and suck TONS of power. Wanna do a full moon run soon.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-08-2012, 6:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
Who makes them, do you know? The ones on the Ve are super bright, work great, but not LED and suck TONS of power. Wanna do a full moon run soon.
Skylon makes mine (actually a Centurion option). You can get them from Skylon direct.

http://www.skylonsports.com/wakeboar...s-led-cgl.html

Harold (H20King) runs Vision X lights. I had them on the Avy and they are super bright as well.

http://www.visionxusa.com/LED-Solsti...106/index.html