Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-08-2010, 9:44 PM Reply   
I haven't heard much about these bags. I'm looking to buy a few extra bags and was wondering what people's opinions might be.
Thanks,
Corbin
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-08-2010, 10:11 PM Reply   
They hold water pretty good.
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-09-2010, 2:14 AM Reply   
I've got 4 of the 550 type. I've upgraded the fittings to barbed type with hose clamps to hold them in & 1" tube with a ball valve inline to avoid any leaks. For less than $100 a pair they're not bad value.
Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-09-2010, 7:15 AM Reply   
great thanks!
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       08-09-2010, 8:01 AM Reply   
So, they're the waterbed style fittings I assume.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-09-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
yeah they use the blue waterbed fittings
Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-11-2010, 9:08 PM Reply   
are water bed style fittings bad? Are there any other options if they are? I have three bags that require these fittings but haven't bought them yet. I have heard of some people just buying pipe fittings that fit inside of the inlet holes and sealing them with some marine adhesive and a hose clamp.
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-11-2010, 9:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbin View Post
are water bed style fittings bad? Are there any other options if they are? I have three bags that require these fittings but haven't bought them yet. I have heard of some people just buying pipe fittings that fit inside of the inlet holes and sealing them with some marine adhesive and a hose clamp.
I used the 1" barbed elbows and a S/S hose clamps. That way if I'm not happy with the angle the elbows are at I can swivel them to suit. I also put a ball valve inline so they don't drain back through the pump. An inline check valve will do the same job but I have been filling and draining with the same line.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       08-12-2010, 3:07 PM Reply   
How do the waterbed style fittings play out in the long run? Are they a constant maintenance item that's always leaking or are they ok if you do it right?
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-12-2010, 3:33 PM Reply   
The waterbed fittings work great for me. I just fill up my bags and put the cap back on and I'm good to go. Some people complain that they leak a little bit of water when inserting and removing the hose but it doesn't bother me much.. it's only a few drops!
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       08-13-2010, 6:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureMeRollin View Post
The waterbed fittings work great for me. I just fill up my bags and put the cap back on and I'm good to go. Some people complain that they leak a little bit of water when inserting and removing the hose but it doesn't bother me much.. it's only a few drops!
I guess I wasn't very specific. I'm curious about using them in an automatic ballast system with the barbed fittings or some other type of fitting where they're semi permanently connected.
Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-15-2010, 12:53 PM Reply   
Hmmm... guess not too many people have experience with this 'eh?
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-15-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
What would be a good pump to use with these bags? I am thinking about getting a set for my I/O. Just wondering if the 350lb bag would fit in the ski locker and give me access to both fittings on top of the bag. The opening is about 24-30 inches I beleive.
Old     (nautique830)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-15-2010, 7:07 PM Reply   
attwood tsunami 1200 with the quick connect fly high fittings
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-15-2010, 8:27 PM Reply   
Will those fittings fit the aerial bags?
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-15-2010, 9:17 PM Reply   
i have 4 aerial bags that i havent used yet, still trying to decide what im going to do with them. The quick connects w/ the tsunami pumps will not work with the aerial bags because the connections on the bags are male ended, unlike flyhigh bags which have female ended holes. I think im going to have to use a 1" barbed end like the above poster said and secure it with hose clamps and some tape cause these fittings are just plain weird.
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-15-2010, 11:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichter14 View Post
i have 4 aerial bags that i havent used yet, still trying to decide what im going to do with them. The quick connects w/ the tsunami pumps will not work with the aerial bags because the connections on the bags are male ended, unlike flyhigh bags which have female ended holes. I think im going to have to use a 1" barbed end like the above poster said and secure it with hose clamps and some tape cause these fittings are just plain weird.
The barbed fittings hold really well with the hose clamps alone. I'm going to plumb mine into my Sanger V215 system through a "T" piece with a couple of ball valves ( may even get really technical & put in a couple of 12v solenoids rather than ball valves). I have also cut the stopper out of the fitting to allow easy flow in & out. Will probably have to run a line inside the bag for the drain to get the pump primed to empty as much as possible. Fill from the front and drain from the rear to keep some angle on the draining sac. We'll see how it works?
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       08-16-2010, 6:52 AM Reply   
You can use the Fly high fittings with this adapter:
http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-p...ting-w735.html
Old     (nautique830)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-27-2010, 10:06 PM Reply   
i use the 550 aerial bags, 1200 gpm tsunami, 6' of hose, W735, W738, & W734
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-29-2010, 1:39 PM Reply   
I have a 350 and a 550 of these bags I would like to sell for 100 bucks for the pair. NEver used, just opened and inspected.
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-30-2010, 1:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichter14 View Post
I have a 350 and a 550 of these bags I would like to sell for 100 bucks for the pair. NEver used, just opened and inspected.
I might take them. I cant PM you for some reason. anyone know why I cant PM? just takes me to his profile page, i login and it takes me back to his page I dont see anywhere where to message him.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-31-2010, 8:40 AM Reply   
brichter14@hotmail.com

just email me there