Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-30-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
We went out yesterday and were one of six boats on the lake. Cops pulled everyone of us over, one at a time. After checking every last thing inculding my CO sticker, he gave me a pink ticket saying no violations. This is three times out and been pulled over twice. Not a good ratio. Hopefully they remember me from now on, and just let me ride. Why are they not pulling over the idiots that come across my bow at 25 feet away, while were riding? Anyway, were always legit, so sorry to the city of Lakewood, your not getting any money out of me! HaHa. Well they did get the launch fee ($10.00)
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-30-2010, 10:19 AM Reply   
we boat in the delta and there are sherriffs everywhere ...... so far this year they have completely left us alone ....... sometimes they go by real slow and eyeball the hell out of us but so far so good ...... in fact 1 time while unfilling the sacs they stopped and asked us if we needed a tow ....... so this is a big turn around from last year as they always stopped and questioned us about things
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-30-2010, 10:51 AM Reply   
Yea, Frank thats what I'm hoping for here.(leaving me alone for the rest of the year) Are you coming to L. Samamish this year for the NWWSA open? If so well see you there!
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-30-2010, 1:42 PM Reply   
we wanted to but chris has vacation with his mom starting the 2nd so we couldnt do it ....... next time for sure!!
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-30-2010, 3:24 PM Reply   
Funny stuff. We were out in Old River (Delta) early Sunday morning when our finest of PoPo's came along side. In the boat we had myself, and my three daughters. No blasting music, No open containers, nothing that would give them any reason to pull us over. We were just floating at the time, filling our ballast when they slowly cruised up and just STARRED real hard at us. i waved at them and said "Good morning". No reply at all, not even a wave back. Then they just turned around and took off. WHAT EVER !! Wish they would concintrate on the drunks around ski beach.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-30-2010, 5:49 PM Reply   
Is that one of your daughters in you profile pic? If so I know why they were staring......
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-30-2010, 6:20 PM Reply   
I'm sure there are alot of Texas members here so I'll just put in my 2 cents. Why in the hell are the boats sitting still always the ones to be checked? If the motor is off, technically you can't give anyone a BUI/BWI. Seems that bad boaters and alcohol go hand in hand so I think they should be stopping more of the boats that are moving if they want to send a message. I personally know a couple wakeboat owners that are usually pretty wasted by late afternoon but yet they still pull boarders/tubers. I have yet to consume one drink of alcohol in my boat.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-30-2010, 7:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Is that one of your daughters in you profile pic? If so I know why they were staring......
Stop staring Darren. Lol.