Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    leslisa            03-08-2004, 12:45 PM Reply   
Hi chicas!

For those who want to come down end of March, beginning of April, nothing formal, but I'm going to be in Orlando, with a boat and willing to give a pull. We will be camping. Post here, I'll let you know when and where. We won't be too far from OWC or the airport, so I'm sure we can work something out if you need a ride or something. For this one, my hubby and my kids will be with me.

For those who want to participate in a "Girls Only" event something for June - I'm thinking June 25, 26, & 27, with Saturday, June 26 being our "formal" day and the other two days more laid back. I am going to try to be off every Friday this summer (I love my boss ) so I am hoping to be able to set it up and still get decent grades. I only know of 1 amateur event (in Texas) and 1 pro event (in Switzerland) that weekend. Please let me know if you know of something else scheduled. I think I can get at least one or two coaches out there to help us out.

Any and all feedback is appreciated. I'll be working on the website and other details this week - if I can. I also have a research report to write this week in my "off time".

Lisa
Old    laura_malone            03-08-2004, 1:40 PM Reply   
Can I join in?
Old    swass            03-08-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
I know I'm not invited, but, whatever you do, INVITE LAURA!
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-08-2004, 2:23 PM Reply   
laura, you're welcome to come to england and have a few sets, you'll loose your tan tho!!!

(thats if that is really you??)
Old    vern            03-08-2004, 2:28 PM Reply   
Laura... will you marry me? My current g/f will be pissed... but what the hell.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-08-2004, 3:28 PM Reply   
good call, i second that, lol. Why did you put a photo up of yourself???

Just to make us all pant?
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-08-2004, 3:43 PM Reply   
you guys can drool over her and decide who gets her, iw ill take the one behind her in the pink!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-08-2004, 3:51 PM Reply   
Get a clue guys, Laura is probably swass.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-08-2004, 3:54 PM Reply   
Swass has a hairier chest. Unless he's started waxing again?
Old     (leshella)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-08-2004, 4:41 PM Reply   
"laura" is cut out of the new issue of the 'victoria's secret" swimwear mag. go buy it and make yourself happy.

(Message edited by leshella on March 08, 2004)
Old    leslisa            03-09-2004, 8:16 AM Reply   
While the validity of Laura's post is suspect, all girls are invited.

Lisa
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       03-09-2004, 1:56 PM Reply   
Don't they give those out for free?
Old     (blueplastic)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-09-2004, 11:26 PM Reply   
Lisa,

How old are your kids?

You should come out to Lake Mary Jane or Lake Conway. Both are near the airport and OWC and are like homelakes to me.

Can you throw any tricks?
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-10-2004, 7:04 AM Reply   
hey sameer-
I used to ride LMJ a lot- my friend lives out there @ Isle of Pines- a great lake with very few people on it-

alex
Old    leslisa            03-10-2004, 1:25 PM Reply   
Sameer - Heck no, not unless you count riding switch. . My kids are 18, 14, and 5 . My 5 yo is the main one who rides with me. Only when it is warm though. He hates the cold water.

I will be riding all summer so maybe I'll learn something. I just started in August of last year and my boat was out of commission for two months. We are thinking of hitting Lake Mary Jane (Moss Park) next weekend and we'll be on Whippoorwhill camping & riding soon. My hubby usually drives for me and the boat puts out a pretty good wake so hopefully that will help.

Let me know if you want to hook up sometime to go riding.

Lisa
Old    rob4senate            03-10-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
LMJ is a great lake (as well as Hart), but I hope you like riding in Coke Cola colored water....

I grown up in the Isle of Pines, it was a great place to live as a kid and lots of trouble to get into as a teenager. I have put plenty of hours in behind the boat in LMJ. Boy this is bringing back childhood memories..... I can't wait to move back to Florida!

Later,
RST
Old    leslisa            03-11-2004, 7:37 AM Reply   
Is there another color of water in Florida? I haven't found it yet. Lake Washington is really nasty in some areas. I try not to even talk because I don't want the water in my mouth.

Lisa
Old    rob4senate            03-11-2004, 8:01 AM Reply   
Lisa,
Try the Butler Chain, most of the northern lakes a pretty clear (not 100%), but it gets dark to the south. Also the Conway Chain, if I remember right, is pretty clear. My parents live on the Alligator Lake Chain in St. Cloud, but most of them are dark... Just to note, I am not talking clear like Silver Springs, Blue Springs or a glass of water, but clearer than LMJ.

Hope you ladies have fun! I wish I was there, I am sick of the cold in CO!
RST
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-11-2004, 8:10 AM Reply   
Ok going back to the pic. That girl in the Pink looks very familiar, that catalog doesn't by chance have a picture of her face?
Old    eyesman            03-18-2004, 7:59 PM Reply   
you do know there is a transvestite VS model don't you ...could be that person.
kind of looks like johnny depp if you cover the hair.
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-19-2004, 8:20 AM Reply   
I ride the Aligator Chain- the lakes down there are awesome and yes, the butler chain has much clearer water- you can't judge the cleanliness by the color either- mary jane and those lakes have a nature preserve on one side and all the trees are what contribute to the water color- it's called tannin(sp?) or tanic water- it comes from the tanic acid that is produced by the trees-
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-19-2004, 9:00 PM Reply   
I think I saw Laura Malone on MTV'S Spring Break in Cancun when 50 Cent was on stage.