Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (odharvey1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-02-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
i am thinking about purchasing some new closed toe bindings as i have put up with the wraped baseplates on my ronix one's for long enough and i am doing a trip to CWC quite soon. Does anyone have a ny good advice on some solid closed toe bindings with strong support and will last a little longer than my One's?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-02-2010, 9:45 AM Reply   
LF Shane and Watson boots are great

If you're going to be at a cable I would STRONGLY suggest SS PB Floyds - the booties are great for hiking and so fast on and off

New CWB stuff looks great and cable friendly but I haven't been on any of their stuff

.... I'm with you though, I've always hated ronix boots
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-02-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
When it comes to binding durability over the last 5 years I don't think anyone can compare to CWB. They have been bombproof. The AA are great for cable as its just a quick velcro open/close.

Good luck and have fun at CWC, that will make a lot of folks on here jealous!
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-02-2010, 10:20 AM Reply   
I have the 09 Zues's and have ridden the 08 Answers. Both hold up very well and the Zues's are stiffer and higher than the Answers. I do like both though.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-02-2010, 11:00 AM Reply   
CWB A.A's are very nice, so are the 2010 Answers from CWB.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-02-2010, 11:13 AM Reply   
Hijack:

Nick - You just leave your liners on at the cable to walk around in right? I'll have my first experience with that this weekend. It seems like the ankle brace part will hold them on well. Do the bottom of the liners get pretty torn up?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-02-2010, 11:25 AM Reply   
my 07's did great

My d2's did great and my PB Floyds did great too.... I'm honestly surpised how tough they are.

when I pop my boot off the booties always comes with, so its just easier to do it that way and hike in them, then just slide into the boot when you get the the loading area.... they're tough.

Swimming in them is sort of a pain in the ass
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-02-2010, 11:36 AM Reply   
I ride a pair of 08 Zeus' and they are going onto their second season strong. They have held up really well and look new. They are taller than the answers and stiffer but I like the extra little bit of tallness for control and the closed toes are very responsive. I know that probably doesnt help you on the new stuff since I havent ridden it, but going from an 08 I can tell you I really like them and would be willing to ride another pair of 08s when these wear out...lol
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-02-2010, 11:40 AM Reply   
Cool, thanks man.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-02-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
Have an old pair of 3DS' and absolutely love them, probably not the best for cable though. Otherwise, my zeus' are sick. Hinge makes them so easy on and off, work great down at KCW
Old     (mcb611)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-02-2010, 7:18 PM Reply   
i have a new pair of zeuse's that CWB sent me a couple of months ago and from what i can tell they are really nice and they're comfortable, havent been able to test them on the water yet though