Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-24-2012, 6:35 PM Reply   
So I know that I've posted here before that in Canada it is mandatory to wear a life jacket while being pulled.... Sad to say... really sad to say I was wrong. Now I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong, just sad cause it's not law. Was doing some research on how late you could pull someone when I came across my error.
Here's the law in Canada on towing riders;

Waterskiing and Other Recreational Towing Activities

The rules that govern waterskiing also apply to other towing activities like barefoot skiing, tubing, kneeboarding and parasailing. Here are rules to remember when towing someone
with your boat:

•There must be a spotter on board the boat who can keep watch on each person being towed and communicate with the operator.
•There must be an empty seat on your boat for each person being towed in case they need to come on board.
•Only personal watercraft made to carry three or more people may be used for towing.
•If anyone being towed is not wearing a lifejacket, there must be one on board for them.
•No towing is allowed when visibility is poor or from one hour after sunset to sunrise.
•A towing boat cannot be remotely controlled.

These requirements do not apply to a boat that is being operated during formal training, in an official competition or in a skill demonstration if the boat meets the safety requirements of a governing body respecting such training, competitions or demonstrations.

I for one disagree with this ... However I'm not meaning to open up a debate here I just am merely stating that I was wrong, and posted incorrectly.