Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old    robertt            05-31-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
First, I am super stoked that I bought a new X7 last Friday. I have never been so unbelievably indecisive about a purchase, but for some reason I just couldn’t make a decision….I did and am very happy about it…but that’s another story.

Now I need to keep it new.

Here is my question. I have a rectangular dock, with a pontoon boat on one side and my lift on the other. During the day, I would like to be able to moor the boat to the front of the dock temporarily to get people on and off. I can do it now, but since the boat is parallel to the shore the waves rock the crap out of the boat and it makes me nervous that the fenders/bumpers will pop up and the boat will get trashed.

So, what is the best way to moor a boat against a dock in rough water?

I now have 8” bumpers, but that hardly seems ideal.

My neighbors have vertical 2x6’s every so often with white PVC protectors, and they seem to love them. They just drive up and throw a rope to the pylon in the middle and leave it at that.

I have seen others use the same deal with carpet, is that better?

Any other options that people have experience with?

Putting it back in the lift is obviously best, but it’s a jump from the dock to the lift to say the least, and I don’t want just anybody trying to thread a new boat into a lift with a canopy (the tower with racks on it barely clear).

Thoughts guys and gals?

I am leaning towards the vertical boards with protectors on them…but want a little advice first.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, one more thing, my speedometer is WAY off…is that an easy adjustment?