Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (DuckHuntin1)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-10-2016, 8:39 AM Reply   
I just got back from the Houston Boat Show looking for a surfboat under 100k.
I will have to say that the boys with Axis and Moomba were very cool, helpful and I really enjoyed visiting with them, Supreme not so much.

My apologizes for when my phone wouldn't stop ringing :bang head: WORK!!!

My current surfboat is a 2002 Avy, the new boat needs to be saltwater ready because I'm planning on running her in the salt and brackish water when the lakes are down.

I ride a 9' board, wife has been riding skim, so a tall and steep wave are not really necessary.

So the three boats that were shown to me and are listed in the order that I liked.

1. AXIS T23
2. Moomba Mojo
3. Supreme S238

I'm looking for y'alls opinions on these boats/models and most importantly the wave that they make.

Maybe there are some boats I overlooked.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-10-2016, 9:32 AM Reply   
The supreme will have the best wave by far. Sorry the dealer was less than desirable but the supreme is a better built boat. Given your choices I would go supreme or moomba. The axis is cheap. I watched a guy drop a T23 off the trailer an onto the ramp. It broke apart like cheap plastic.I was blown away by how thin the hull was. Axis cuts every corner possible and then some. If big water is something you deal with you cant beat the ride quality that the deep v hull of the supreme will provide.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-10-2016, 9:35 AM Reply   
Another thing to consider is how the boats are built with supreme the top cap sits inside the hull and is then bonded to make one piece. The others still join the boat at the rub rail.
Old    BamaMojo            01-10-2016, 9:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckHuntin1 View Post
I just got back from the Houston Boat Show looking for a surfboat under 100k.

I will have to say that the boys with Axis and Moomba were very cool, helpful and I really enjoyed visiting with them, Supreme not so much.



My apologizes for when my phone wouldn't stop ringing :bang head: WORK!!!



My current surfboat is a 2002 Avy, the new boat needs to be saltwater ready because I'm planning on running her in the salt and brackish water when the lakes are down.



I ride a 9' board, wife has been riding skim, so a tall and steep wave are not really necessary.



So the three boats that were shown to me and are listed in the order that I liked.



1. AXIS T23

2. Moomba Mojo

3. Supreme S238



I'm looking for y'alls opinions on these boats/models and most importantly the wave that they make.



Maybe there are some boats I overlooked.

I was considering the New Moomba hulls as well. I have owned the old Mojo hull and loved the boat but the wakeboard wake was not great. I demo'd a 16 Mojo and was impressed with the boat , wakeboard wake and surf wake shape was great with auto flow 2 but I'd did need 1000 lb bags in the rear lockers. I would also look at the Moomba Craz if wake is the biggest motivator, it is sick. I would buy the Moomba of the brands listed as I feel they are the best values for the $$$!. Go demo the ones you like and buy the one that is best for you! Good luck and keep us posted on the journey!
Old     (DuckHuntin1)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-10-2016, 11:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
The supreme will have the best wave by far. Sorry the dealer was less than desirable but the supreme is a better built boat. Given your choices I would go supreme or moomba. The axis is cheap. I watched a guy drop a T23 off the trailer an onto the ramp. It broke apart like cheap plastic.I was blown away by how thin the hull was. Axis cuts every corner possible and then some. If big water is something you deal with you cant beat the ride quality that the deep v hull of the supreme will provide.
Comparing all three hulls to what I run now (Avy) the S238 was the closest match to the continuous v hull. I know that this boat will ride smoother in rougher water than the other two.

All three had a trim tab type surf system but only Axis pushed out towards the side.

All three boasted a nonlisted boat for the best surf wave.

Both the T23 and the Mojo had some what of a flat rear end not like S238.

How will these three compare with a non listed wave using their surf systems?

Will we be able to list any of these boats and still use the their surf systems?

Once the weather warms I'm planning on demoing each of the three and posting up here.
Old     (DuckHuntin1)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-10-2016, 11:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaMojo View Post
I was considering the New Moomba hulls as well. I have owned the old Mojo hull and loved the boat but the wakeboard wake was not great. I demo'd a 16 Mojo and was impressed with the boat , wakeboard wake and surf wake shape was great with auto flow 2 but I'd did need 1000 lb bags in the rear lockers. I would also look at the Moomba Craz if wake is the biggest motivator, it is sick. I would buy the Moomba of the brands listed as I feel they are the best values for the $$$!. Go demo the ones you like and buy the one that is best for you! Good luck and keep us posted on the journey!
I really liked the Mojo. I thought It had the best looking tower of all the three and as far as MSRP it had the biggest bang for the buck. Lots of room for extras. I am very excited to surf behind this boat.
Old    BamaMojo            01-10-2016, 11:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckHuntin1 View Post
I really liked the Mojo. I thought It had the best looking tower of all the three and as far as MSRP it had the biggest bang for the buck. Lots of room for extras. I am very excited to surf behind this boat.

Make sure the dealer puts at least 900 bags in rear for your demo, also look at the Craz. Craz shares Dna with the 16 SA...
Old     (DuckHuntin1)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-10-2016, 11:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaMojo View Post
Make sure the dealer puts at least 900 bags in rear for your demo, also look at the Craz. Craz shares Dna with the 16 SA...
It was explained to me that the Craz was the same/similar as the Mojo, just one foot shorter. I'm liking the idea of a 23+' boat for my growing family. I thought the bow of the Mojo was better looking as well.
HBS had a lime green, black and white boat on the floor that was extremely HOT!
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-10-2016, 12:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckHuntin1 View Post
Comparing all three hulls to what I run now (Avy) the S238 was the closest match to the continuous v hull. I know that this boat will ride smoother in rougher water than the other two.

All three had a trim tab type surf system but only Axis pushed out towards the side.

All three boasted a nonlisted boat for the best surf wave.

Both the T23 and the Mojo had some what of a flat rear end not like S238.

How will these three compare with a non listed wave using their surf systems?

Will we be able to list any of these boats and still use the their surf systems?

Once the weather warms I'm planning on demoing each of the three and posting up here.
The T23 and Moomba will have flat hulls at the rear because they are still good wakeboard boats with the T23 being a really good wakeboard wake. The Moomba has a nice wake but the Supreme will have the worse wakeboard wake because it's a v-hull all the way back. So yes it will have the better rough water ride, it will surf great but will leave a lot to be desired in wakeboarding along with being weight sensitive side to side when wakeboarding.

Last edited by you_da_man; 01-10-2016 at 12:34 PM.
Old    BamaMojo            01-10-2016, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckHuntin1 View Post
It was explained to me that the Craz was the same/similar as the Mojo, just one foot shorter. I'm liking the idea of a 23+' boat for my growing family. I thought the bow of the Mojo was better looking as well.

HBS had a lime green, black and white boat on the floor that was extremely HOT!

Any pics of that boat?
Old     (302_Rider)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-10-2016, 5:48 PM Reply   
I'll give a vote for the t23. I have a t22 and find its very easy to get surfing. Evenly weighted with full ballast and no wedge it's a very mellow wave with a ton of push. Drop the wedge and you'll find the wave get steeper with a nice pocket to fall into. Axis definitely is a price point boat but I wouldn't say it's a cheaply made boat by any means. Best bet is to demo them all. Good luck
Old     (DuckHuntin1)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-10-2016, 7:53 PM Reply   
Demo for sure when it gets warmer.

I'm not partial towards any brand.

One question that could not be answered from the Supreme salesman was.. Can the surf tabs be used like trim tabs while underway to correct the any lean created by the passengers and or weather conditions? I mean, they all appear to be is oversized trim tabs on both the Supreme and Moomba.

If they could be used in this way that would be a good selling point to me. My Avy is weight sensitive and they appear to have similar hulls.

Some pics of the Mojo.
Attached Images
   
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-10-2016, 9:28 PM Reply   
AJ, have you been behind a S238? It was designed with wakeboarders in mind, especially with the double edged sword.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-10-2016, 9:49 PM Reply   
Do you have a Tige dealer in your area? Should be able to get 2-3 models with TAPS-3 for under 100K with trailer and nice options.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-10-2016, 10:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel View Post
AJ, have you been behind a S238? It was designed with wakeboarders in mind, especially with the double edged sword.

Not behind the 238. However, I don't see how the 238 was designed for with wakeboarders in mind when there's NOT a single word of wakeboarding on Supreme's website for this model. I do realize the OP is looking for surfing. Even Supreme's promo video shows I believe one wakeboard jump? Beautiful boat though. Supreme has done very well with the color and flake options and they have great lines in person. I'm a fan of Supreme's boats and where they are priced.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-10-2016, 10:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckHuntin1 View Post
Demo for sure when it gets warmer.

I'm not partial towards any brand.

One question that could not be answered from the Supreme salesman was.. Can the surf tabs be used like trim tabs while underway to correct the any lean created by the passengers and or weather conditions? I mean, they all appear to be is oversized trim tabs on both the Supreme and Moomba.

If they could be used in this way that would be a good selling point to me. My Avy is weight sensitive and they appear to have similar hulls.

Some pics of the Mojo.
I highly doubt you can use the surf tabs to adjust any listing while cruising as all these boat manufactures are including alarms or some sort of safety in these tabs or surfgates that they can't be deployed or used above a little more than surf speed or up to around 15mph range.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-10-2016, 10:33 PM Reply   
May not be in the marketing but I can tell you peeps at the factory make sure it wakeboards well! And yes you can adjust the Quicksurf tabs at any speed to compensate for weight and conditions...
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       01-11-2016, 6:08 AM Reply   
if it was my coin and where I currently live, it would be moomba as there is not a supreme dealer close, but if I had access to all 3, supreme over moomba/axis. it's a better surf hull and for me, wakeboard wake doesn't matter at all. I think I've towed a wakeboarder maybe 5 or 6 times the 4 years I've had my tige.
if tige is in the area, I would shop the new additions to the "R" line. would hope they are in the same basic range as the supreme and should surf just as good.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-11-2016, 7:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel View Post
May not be in the marketing but I can tell you peeps at the factory make sure it wakeboards well! And yes you can adjust the Quicksurf tabs at any speed to compensate for weight and conditions...
Nice to hear it wakeboard a well because the 226 sucked at wakeboarding. Wake was all wash with very little firmness.
Old     (tmill)      Join Date: May 2011       01-11-2016, 8:29 AM Reply   
To all the people posting about wake boarding. I would say that all the new boats from Centurion/ Supreme will be worth looking at for wake boarding now that you have Shane Stillman and Daniel Indelicato doing R&D and Design. Dan is a very avid wake boarder and Shane was a big part of the recent re branding of Supra and MB. Pretty everyone fell in love with those brand very soon after Shane got involved. I would not be surprised to see it happen again with Centurion/Supreme.

To the OP, you wont be able to use the tabs to level off the boat on a supreme but they are utilized to help with getting on plane. You will still be able to ride the boat listed with the quick surf tabs on the boat but by using them you will never have to be nearly as listed as you are now in your Avy.

Good luck on the boat hunt!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-11-2016, 10:46 AM Reply   
I I would think you could get an rz2 or z3 in that range as well, perhaps even an rzx if you have a very very motivated dealer...


The new RI boats from centurion look interesting as well
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-11-2016, 12:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
I I would think you could get an rz2 or z3 in that range as well, perhaps even an rzx if you have a very very motivated dealer...


The new RI boats from centurion look interesting as well
Had my local Tige dealer say he could get me in a medium optioned Z3 for $95K and I've never been in a Tige dealer for more than 5 min. That's the first number he threw out at me.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-11-2016, 12:17 PM Reply   
Sounds like msrp to me...
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-11-2016, 12:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Sounds like msrp to me...
Not to say they can't be had for 80's or 90's but on average if you look nationwide on a new current year Z3 models Tige dealers sticker the Z3's MSRP well into the $110K-$120K range.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-11-2016, 1:42 PM Reply   
I do believe they were selling very well loaded boats at the show here last year for 85-ish. Based on the posts I see here their pricing might vary the most from region to region, most likely based on competition
Old    BamaMojo            01-11-2016, 2:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
I do believe they were selling very well loaded boats at the show here last year for 85-ish. Based on the posts I see here their pricing might vary the most from region to region, most likely based on competition

I have had a Tige rep tell me 85-95 for a new Z3. Guess it depends on options and dealer $$$$.
Old    r33pwrd            01-11-2016, 2:39 PM Reply   
The z3 I looked at was 109...
Old     (DuckHuntin1)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-11-2016, 3:55 PM Reply   
All three models I mentioned were 85K- Supreme being the highest.

One feature I really liked on the Supreme was a strainer on the water intake, perfect for the saltwater but no closed cooling, bad for saltwater.
Old     (DuckHuntin1)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-11-2016, 3:58 PM Reply   
The Axis T23 at the Houston Boat Show 2016
Attached Images
 
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-11-2016, 5:49 PM Reply   
The supreme dealer bumped his head you should be out the door for 75k or less. Also a salt water package is available with closed cooling flush kit and anodes
Old    BamaMojo            01-11-2016, 6:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckHuntin1 View Post
All three models I mentioned were 85K- Supreme being the highest.

One feature I really liked on the Supreme was a strainer on the water intake, perfect for the saltwater but no closed cooling, bad for saltwater.

You could get a leftover Malibu 23 LSV for 85. Just saying
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-13-2016, 6:48 AM Reply   
I have to say that I really like the look of that Moomba over the Axis. You know this already, but you'd better take a surf session behind them all before you decide!
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-13-2016, 8:20 AM Reply   
The 22 VLX can also be picked up for $80-$85k. There are a few left over 15's available now for some great pricing with the 350 in them. Not to mention the wakeboard wake in this boat is also legit. The Power Wedge 2 with new lift feature will get you on plane much quicker when heavily weighted.

Here is a pic of the surf wave, respectable imo.

'15 22 VLX. 5.7L 350 HP w/ 2419 Torque Prop. #3850 Ballast + Power Wedge 2 + 7 People. Elevation - 175FT. Works great
Attached Images
 

Last edited by fman; 01-13-2016 at 8:26 AM.
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-15-2016, 8:58 AM Reply   
the 22VLX has a great wake and a super cool dash. i had to choose between a demo 22vlx (<10h) or a used G21 (<50h). If you have luck and finde a good deal.. then the 22VLX, 23LSV or a used G21 could be very interesting. If your not a high elevation, then the 350 Engine will work flawless in all of the boats.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-16-2016, 12:57 PM Reply   
Stick with Centurion! SV233, SV244, or FS33 can be bought within or well under your budget.
Old     (YYCBoarder)      Join Date: Apr 2013       01-20-2016, 12:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckHuntin1 View Post
All three models I mentioned were 85K- Supreme being the highest.

One feature I really liked on the Supreme was a strainer on the water intake, perfect for the saltwater but no closed cooling, bad for saltwater.
$85K for a S238 seems high. Here's one in Canada for $89K CDN. At today's exchange that would be $62K USD. Even if it cost you $3K for shipping you'd be $20K ahead. I'm surprised there aren't more people coming up here to buy boats.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-mot...ationFlag=true
Old     (YYCBoarder)      Join Date: Apr 2013       01-20-2016, 1:05 PM Reply   
The Centurion FS33 loaded up was $125-$130K CDN (but don't know if it sold.) That would be my vote.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-22-2016, 8:55 AM Reply   
FS33 pretty well loaded is right at 100 USD / Depending on engine and options the Supreme S238 is a mid to upper 60's boat. Best out of the box wave for the dollar will be the Centurion SV233, or 244, these boats will come in around the mid 80's.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:41 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us