Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Waterskiing

Old     (scottie_k)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-16-2003, 2:23 PM Reply   
Anybody have any experience with this ski? Obrien Quest 67" w/ Double contact high wraps. Any particular way to set the fin, wing & Bindings? Does it ride forward or back? Just got it and I'll ski it tomorrow morning!
Old     (tacosupreme)      Join Date: May 2003       10-17-2003, 2:35 PM Reply   
No experience on the Quest but I have a Siege. Make sure that your bindings are screwed in tight to the ski. My rear one was a touch loose when I bought it and I didn't notice it. Now it's twisted and pulled the screws back. I may need to get a new one because I can't get it back in straight. Oh well. It's under warranty. Maybe I can get an '04 out of the deal.
Old     (scottie_k)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-17-2003, 2:45 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tip. I ski'd it this morning and at first I thought it was too much ski for me, but after a few adjustments it was smokin'! I moved the angle to 9 on the wing to apply more braking power (I was over-shooting the balls big time) and it was ready to go. The weather was beautiful and the water stayed glassy, can't wait for my vacation next week!
Old     (tacosupreme)      Join Date: May 2003       10-22-2003, 10:54 AM Reply   
So changing the angle helped that much eh? I may try to do that on mine as well. I just fly right passed and have trouble making the turn to get the next ball right now. I really liked the Quest but like you said it seemed like too much ski for me. Maybe I'll get the Quest next year. Or just go all out and get the Mapple. I also must say that I hate you. The weather here in Michigan is beautiful as well. 44 degrees and cloudy. My boat has been packed up for a week now. Only 7 months to go before I can get back out there. Do you get to ski year round in San Diego?
Old     (scottie_k)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-22-2003, 1:30 PM Reply   
Changing the angle on the wing really helped a lot. Sounds like you're having the same problem I had at first. You have to be able to put on the brakes and change direction really fast. You have to start your turn before you even get to the buoy. My second go round at the ski is tomorrow morning. Yes, I'm lucky, I get to ski/wakeboard all year round. Don't be a hater!!! You guys have way more and better conditions than we do. We rarely get glass and uncrowded conditions. I have to wake up before dawn and rush down to the lake and hope I'm there early enough to purchase a pass for the slalom course. If there are already other boats in line and the 4 passes sold, I have to try and slalom in 3 ft. wakeboard roller infested water. Everyone in So Cal. weights their boats with a ton of ballast even if they can barely even do a wake to wake jump! I'm not complaining though, at least I get to go out!
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-23-2003, 12:06 PM Reply   
I can't imagine having to buy a pass to get onto the slalom course... What is up with that? You guys can't take turns?
Old     (tacosupreme)      Join Date: May 2003       10-27-2003, 8:11 AM Reply   
I'm not a hater just insanely jealous at your weather. I live on a public lake so I rarely get glass as well. 5am if we want the lake to ourselves. But I have a course on one side of the lake and someone else has a course on the other. It's community course, the only people I don't want in it are jetskis. I've seen kneeboarders and wakeboarders try and run it before. As long as they don't break it, it's fine with me. That's a bummer that you have to buy a pass. Any time you make the 2000 mile trip to michigan, my course is your course. I was just reading about the 100,000 acre Wildfires in eastern San Diego. Are you anywhere near that?
Old     (tacosupreme)      Join Date: May 2003       10-27-2003, 3:05 PM Reply   
Hey Scott, give us a holler when you get a chance so we know you're ok. Dave (the owner of this site), has already evacuated his home. I don't know how close you are but it looks pretty intense for anyone in the SoCal area. The pictures of this fire are pretty amazing. Good luck man.
Old     (scottie_k)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-29-2003, 4:44 PM Reply   
I'm ok, we've had some brushes and scrapes with the fires but my home and family are just fine, so far! The air finally cleared today a little bit, can't even go anywhere without a dust mask. I hope this ends soon! I heard it burnt all around our little lake and don't know when it'll be open.