Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-06-2013, 3:54 PM Reply   
Now Clemons is out!!!!!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-06-2013, 3:54 PM Reply   
1 point is a lot sometimes.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-06-2013, 4:03 PM Reply   
Now it's up to the defense to hold Washington.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-06-2013, 4:10 PM Reply   
You can blame Mike Shanahan for that injury.Maybe RGIII can be comeback player of the year next year.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-06-2013, 4:18 PM Reply   
I hate rooting for Seattle!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-06-2013, 4:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
You can blame Mike Shanahan for that injury.Maybe RGIII can be comeback player of the year next year.
You mean comeback player in 2014? That dudes got the heart of a champion. Count me as a fan of rg3.
Sherman on the other hand needs to learn a little respect though. That guy needs to keep his mouth shut after the game!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-06-2013, 4:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
I hate rooting for Seattle!
Look at it as rooting against the Redskins!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-06-2013, 5:30 PM Reply   
I said they had two players...

I said we'd shut them down...

I said our D would dominate them...

I said we'd win...

Now who's the rookie of they year???

Luck got his ass kicked...

RGlll got his ass kicked...

Wilson went on the road and brought a winning team home...

hmmmmm...

Lastly, I'd like to refer everyone to the first page of this thread. Where'd you nay sayers go?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-06-2013, 5:54 PM Reply   
It's only 1 playoff game chill out.I'm still trying to make up my mind on who to pick in the Atlanta/Seattle game. LOL
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-06-2013, 6:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
You mean comeback player in 2014? That dudes got the heart of a champion. Count me as a fan of rg3.
Sherman on the other hand needs to learn a little respect though. That guy needs to keep his mouth shut after the game!
When you are the best cb in the league you can talk smack. I am not sure I heard his name once all game. And that is a good thing. I don't think they threw at him more than once or twice all game.

You know who should shut their mouth. That overrated idiot Deangelo Hall. That dude is a bum and one of the biggest crap talkers in the NFL. He got punked by Lynch like no other.

I don't really care if Wilson doesn't win the ROTY award. We got the best leader and gamer of all the rookies. The best part is we are one of the youngest teams in the NFL and haven't given up any draft picks to get that way. Schneider is a baller.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-06-2013, 7:25 PM Reply   
"When you are the best cb in the league you can talk smack."

there is never a reason to run your mouth after the game. he plays a great corner. let that be the talking for you. running your mouth after the game just goes to show you are a classless tool bag. he can play the game though. just win with some class. I could be asking a bit much though....
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-06-2013, 8:30 PM Reply   
That bitch ran his mouth first calling Big Perm Sherm a cheater. I've got no problem with him having a word with him after the game.

What an amazing game. You wanna hear the funny thing? I wasn't worried when we went down twoTD's. I knew that we would make the adjustments on defense and that DangerRuss would lead us marching back. That game should have been over 30 for us.

I bet a lot of the ROY voters wish they were voting this week rather than last. Hopefully they got it right.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-06-2013, 11:31 PM Reply   
It wasn't Williams that called Sherm a cheater. But it does sound like Williams was talking smack the whole game. Just like Hall and Garcon and others were. That game was super chippy and I was personally shocked that the zebras just let them go at it rather than throwing a bunch of flags to settle things down.
Anyway, my guess is that Sherman did the same thing he did after the Patriots game... he went straight to the dude who talked smack to him earlier to point out the scoreboard. I know a lotta folks don't like that side of him, but I personally dig it (to a degree). He plays with a chip on his shoulder. A lot of guys on this squad do. This time, he got smooshed in his face for it.

For me though, that isn't even a story. The story should be Snyder, the Skins owner. How the heck does that guy justify making these guys play on spray-painted dirt??? That field cost RGIII his knee. Just like it tore up AP last year... and may have taken out Clem & Hauschka in this game as well. For a league that fines people constantly in the name of "Player Safety", letting professional games happen on that POS mud pit is just a little more irony than I can really take.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-07-2013, 4:13 AM Reply   
Santana Moss constantly celebrating his 5 and 7 yards catches irks me too. Deangelo Hall hanging on to jerseys and acting like a spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum is embarrassing to Skins fans also.The field was crappy for sure.Clemons tore his ACL and is out according to NFL.COM.The moral of the story is.The mighty Skins are one and Done.RGIII choked 84 yards 2 td's 1 int.. D. Hall didn't do anything and Santana Moss probably won't play past next year.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-07-2013, 9:58 AM Reply   
Well I want to thank this forum. I never used to watch the Seahawks because they really weren't that important. I mean I knew Carrol was an arrogant turd but the Hawks were just an unimportant team. Now after watching them play some, I can see that they are just a bunch of thugs. I mean Wilson and Lynch seem like good guys but that defense is just a bunch of classless thugs. And for people that say you need to act like that to be good on defense that is a bunch of BS. I watch the Ravens play earlier. They played hard and domintated and intimidated but didn't act like ass clowns. All the Hawks fans on here are just blinded by their love. Sorry but your team is a bunch of thugs.

Well I want to thank you all. I now have two favorite teams. The 49ers, and any team that plays the Seahawks!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-07-2013, 10:34 AM Reply   
What do you mean thugs? What part was thug like? You mean Browner making Garcon his bitch? I will admit the shove of RG3 by Bruce was stupid. As for sherman the Redskins were running their mouth and he wanted to make sure those clowns saw the final score board. Why aren't you calling Moss, Hall or Williams thugs. I mean Hall was talking more smack than anybody. He wsa even getting in fights with his own teammates.

You are just pissed that your team may have hit their peak and doesn't have even close to as good a front office as Seattle. Seattle had great players all over the place from the last 2 drafts. Outside of Aldon Smith and the unproven Kap have the niners even had a good draft pick in the last 2 years? Also, maybe the Aldon Smith pick isn't looking quite as good as originally thought since he can't do crap with Justin I hold every play smith lined up next to him. You guys have a lot of picks this comign draft. Lets see if you can do better than this last year which might of been one of the worst draft classes I have ever seen.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-07-2013, 11:54 AM Reply   
Is lynch a good dude? What about those weapons charges back in his buffalo days?
I love how seattle plays. I love russell wilson. They have all the tools for a super bowl team. I just despise the after game nonsense by players and coach alike.
All the trash talk during the game is fine. I even approve of the chippy play (aside from knocking a clearly injured qb down for no reason), but the pregame and post game talk is lame. From both teams.

I look forward to watching sherman and browner trying to stop white and jones. Great matchup.

However, i still foresee a packers vs. broncos super bowl.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-07-2013, 12:03 PM Reply   
Train,
You hit the nail on the head for me. I meant Lynch on the field runs hard and doesn't seem to act like an idiot on the field.

Brett,
I think you got it wrong this has nothing to do with niners. I respect the Giants and they have handed us two of the most painful loses in our history. I respect the Packers. See what Train wrote above. I understand rooting for your team. I had to root for a team with Terrel Owens for a while which was painful. But some of you Seattle guys got some crazy blinders on.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2013, 12:27 PM Reply   
I like the chip on the shoulders, thuggish attitude that our defense play with. They get out there and hate on you during the game but all year long you hear very little from them inbetween games. Sherman even tweeted yesterday after the game that Williams is a classy guy. I really love our defense and wouldn't change a thing about them. I've always loved the Ravens defense and regardless of your earlier critique those guys are thugs too.

I'm not worried about the Sherman/Browner vs Jones/ White matchup but I am worried about who is going to match up agains Gonzales as well as a reduced pass rush with Clemons out.

Mike, you think you guys are one and done in the playoffs? Is Smith playing?
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-07-2013, 12:33 PM Reply   
First, this:
http://profootballmock.com/nfl-qbs-o...-card-bitches/

And then, this:

Thugs? I really don't get this reaction to yesterdays game. The Skins came out physical and their guys were every bit as chippy as ours. From what I understand, it was part of their game plan to rattle Seattle and get in their heads in hopes that they'd get thuggish and rack up some penalties... but it never happened. Was there some pushing, shoving, handfighting? Absolutely. Did some of it deserve flags? almost certainly. You know why it wasn't getting flagged?? Because it was going both ways.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-07-2013, 12:34 PM Reply   
Gonazales is the biggest threat for sure. Hawks have had trouble all season with guys like him underneath.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-07-2013, 12:46 PM Reply   
Interesting... just read this:

@Curtis_Crabtree
Set your DVRs, Richard Sherman was mic’d up for yesterday’s game and will be featured on SoundFX on NFL Network Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.

I guess maybe we'll see just how much he was actually saying in there... and hopefully what was being said to him.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-07-2013, 1:30 PM Reply   
Hate,
Smith is going to play. How effective he will be is the question. Also, the comment earlier about Aldon Smith not being successful without Justin is not totally true. The fact is Aldon was just wearing down. Harbaugh said in his press conference that they watched the tape and they could see he was worn out. As mentioned earlier the niners do not sub much. And last year Aldon was a part time player. I could even see it when watching the games.
As for the game I don't think anyone really knows. Depends which Niners team shows up. They have been jekyll and hyde this season. If it holds true to form you Hawks and Falcons fans should love it because the niners should win this game and then lay an egg in the next game. They win 2 lose 1 all season. I really don't know what is going to happen but I will say this if the Niners didn't get the bye they would be toast this week. They would have beat the Vikings but like I said earlier they were worn down and would not have been able to handle the trip to Green Bay. Hopefully the bye does them well.

From watching the Hawks to me it looks like they start the crap. If somebody punches me in the face I am going to punch them back and it looks to me that is what happens. Also the Hawks corners remind me of the Detroit Pistons of the 80s they foul on every play so the refs don't call it becuase they can't call it everytime.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-07-2013, 3:03 PM Reply   
Talking ish, slapping, jabbing and jamming up the other team's offense to get in their heads?

What has the NFL come to!

Disgraceful...

This on the other hand just oozes classy...

http://deadspin.com/5973735/the-reds...esterdays-game

Last edited by seattle; 01-07-2013 at 3:05 PM.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-07-2013, 3:24 PM Reply   
Hate to tell ya cliff, but most pro teams and some college teams do this as well. Its nothing new.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-07-2013, 4:06 PM Reply   
A healthy RG III would have beaten Seattle by three TD's. A 50% RGIII had you down by two. It was just too much for a 15% RGIII.

And you guys talking about about classiness...what about the bitch move by the Bruce Irvin after the second TD? Seattle fans trip me out; you guys acted like you won the SB after the worse call in the history of football at the end of the GB game. And now you gloat because you beat a one-legged QB? Have fun in Atlanta.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-07-2013, 4:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
A healthy RG III would have beaten Seattle by three TD's. A 50% RGIII had you down by two. It was just too much for a 15% RGIII.

And you guys talking about about classiness...what about the bitch move by the Bruce Irvin after the second TD? Seattle fans trip me out; you guys acted like you won the SB after the worse call in the history of football at the end of the GB game. And now you gloat because you beat a one-legged QB? Have fun in Atlanta.
I hope the guys in Atlanta are as delusional as you are. If they are, the Seahawks are a lock for the Conference Championship. (hint: they're not. and we're not. that'll be a tougher game than the Redskins, with a healthy RGIII.)

With a healthy RGIII, that game gets close and stays close... and who knows who scrapes it out. With a one-legged RGIII, you get well.... total domination for 3 quarters and 24 unanswered points.

and while I don't ever condone a late hit on a QB, I think that Irvin hit was as mild as they come. No intent to harm, none. I would be willing to take that same hit right now. without pads.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-07-2013, 5:44 PM Reply   
Jeremy,

You were the one talking up the Skins not me...

You claimed they had the all round team that won games with balance not me...

You said RGlll was at 75% not me...

I pretty much called the game as it played out.

Me...

After the Dallas game,

RGlll got beat the F up and was barley getting off the field at the end of the game. Hawks will be dealing with a pocket passing qb for the most part this week. If we get up on them early Morris will be a non factor and our D will eat Griffin alive. Not to mention our D backs will be watering at the mouth if he trys to push balls into coverage to compensate for his lack of mobility.

As for our offense, if they try to contain Wilson he'll simply come straight up the middle as he did yesterday in the second half. Marshon is gonna blow holes through there D and our recievers are far more talented and healthy than the Cowboys were."

I'm convinced it's gonna come down to a healthy confident Seattle team vs. Washington that almost completely relies on two players, one of which is in really bad shape right now.

But then what do I know. I'm just the delusional inbread who predicted my Hawks would dominate this season.

And then again before the game

"I guess if you missed RGlll's face down nap yesterday you might think he's gonna be healthy by this weekend, but I saw a guy that could barely stand up and had to have his teammates drag him to the sidelines last night. He won't be at 70% this weekend more like 50%. I hope some of you are right though, I'd love to see him try to run the ball against our D this weekend. "

You...

DC will be rocking and I'm predicting RGIII to man up and get it done.

"^Woah dude. I wouldn't start printing a bunch of Seattle 2013 Super Bowl Champion t-shirts just yet. RGIII was nowhere near 100% at any part of the game. He is going to battle through those injuries. The key is, he is still plenty mobile even at 70%. Not saying Washington is going to win, but I don't think this is a Washington team "that completely relies on two players". You don't win 7 games in a row in the NFL with just two players, particularly since RGIII missed one of those games."
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-07-2013, 6:18 PM Reply   
^Do RGIII and Morris play defense also? You guys only managed three TD's on them. I mean if they were so one-dimensional, you guys should have hung 50, especially after RGIII began to struggle to walk. Weren't you guys trailing all the way until the 4th quarter? Doesn't sound like "domination" to me.

I didn't think RGIII's knee was as bad as it was or I am not sure I would have picked them to win. Just like I wouldn't have picked the Vikings if I would have known Ponder was out.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-07-2013, 6:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
I hope the guys in Atlanta are as delusional as you are. If they are, the Seahawks are a lock for the Conference Championship. (hint: they're not. and we're not. that'll be a tougher game than the Redskins, with a healthy RGIII.)

With a healthy RGIII, that game gets close and stays close... and who knows who scrapes it out. With a one-legged RGIII, you get well.... total domination for 3 quarters and 24 unanswered points.

and while I don't ever condone a late hit on a QB, I think that Irvin hit was as mild as they come. No intent to harm, none. I would be willing to take that same hit right now. without pads.
I didn't say it was a vicious hit or anything, I just said it was a bitch move; and it was. Hell, the play that finally put RGIII out of the game was trying to pick up a bad snap. Karma was a mofo for the Seahawks and it didn't take but a quarter for it to happen.

Last edited by wake77; 01-07-2013 at 6:30 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-07-2013, 6:37 PM Reply   
Quote:

Talk about a classless biotch.Bring up DeAngelo Hall.Washington couldn't even beat but one team they played this year by 21 points.The closest they came to the 25 point win over the mighty eagles was a 12 point win over the mighty Browns and a 12 point win over the Vikings.However they did have one loss worse than this 10 point loss. A 15 point loss to the Steelers.I'm not a Seattle fan but they OWNED Washington after the first quarter.They shut down Morris also.Washington had the lead most of the game but when the steam roller defense of the Seahawks started to get traction on the chit they called a field it was all but over.The Washington fans began to smell the bullchit coming out of the players who pretended to be men but couldn't compete when it counted.After all they had the lead,the fans were talking chit.Then came the point when they stared down the barrel of the gun and peed their pants.Just like many of the fans the team were also sore losers.So when did you jump on the wagon Jeremy?
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-07-2013, 7:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
^Do RGIII and Morris play defense also? You guys only managed three TD's on them. I mean if they were so one-dimensional, you guys should have hung 50, especially after RGIII began to struggle to walk. Weren't you guys trailing all the way until the 4th quarter? Doesn't sound like "domination" to me.
When the Seahawks got the ball back with 2:26 left in the first quarter, here was the yardage totals: Redskins 149, Seahawks -2.
After those two drives though: Seahawks 382, Redskins 54.
The Redskins didn't have a drive over 24 yards the rest of the game. And that D you're somehow bragging about allowed an opponent to hang 24 unanswered on em. I don't what planet you're on if you don't think those numbers spell out domination. Especially considering that you're right... the Seahawks made some mistakes and left more points out there. The Skins should have lost by even more.

[/QUOTE] Karma was a mofo for the Seahawks and it didn't take but a quarter for it to happen. [/QUOTE]

How was Karma a mofo? We won.

Shanahan is one heck of a smart coach. He scripts his first 15 or 20 plays to perfection. In a playoff game at home, with a talented team and with the crowd on your side (piped in noise and all), you SHOULD march down the field. Any visiting team would have to weather that storm. Just as Seattle did. Take the big hits, adjust and keep grinding.

I'm not remotely an expert, but I read that last week Pat Kirwin said on NFL radio something akin to: "Don't be surprised if Washington marches right down and scores on the opening drive; maybe even their first two drives. Pete Carroll will tell you that Shanahan is probably the best in the business at scripting the first couple drives, and Pete is going to play it close to the vest defensively. He's going to see how Shanahan is attacking first, even if he gets down a couple scores. Then he'll make his adjustments. The key is that Pete has guys--and he's coached this into them--guys who won't panic if they get down one or two scores." -- Dude must be a prophet.

I expected the second half to start the same way... Shanahan would make his own adjustments at the half and come out strong again. But it was likely RGIII's injury that kept that from happening.

Anyway, I disagree that the Redskins would have beaten the Seahawks by 3 scores. But I'm not gonna argue about it anymore.
I just read that the injury is really, really bad. ACL, PCL and maybe more. Might be out 14-18 months. I'm honestly very sorry to hear that. I wouldn't want to see that happen to anybody. Especially a kid with that much talent who's the future of your franchise. I'm not being snarky. I'd rather see the best teams play it out. I'm not a fan of injury... and despite the fact that our teams played each other this week, I do really like that team you root for. A lot. I hope your owner fixes that POS field.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-07-2013, 7:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Talk about a classless biotch.Bring up DeAngelo Hall.Washington couldn't even beat but one team they played this year by 21 points.The closest they came to the 25 point win over the mighty eagles was a 12 point win over the mighty Browns and a 12 point win over the Vikings.However they did have one loss worse than this 10 point loss. A 15 point loss to the Steelers.I'm not a Seattle fan but they OWNED Washington after the first quarter.They shut down Morris also.Washington had the lead most of the game but when the steam roller defense of the Seahawks started to get traction on the chit they called a field it was all but over.The Washington fans began to smell the bullchit coming out of the players who pretended to be men but couldn't compete when it counted.After all they had the lead,the fans were talking chit.Then came the point when they stared down the barrel of the gun and peed their pants.Just like many of the fans the team were also sore losers.So when did you jump on the wagon Jeremy?
Not a Washington fan nor a big RGIII fan, but you have to give credit where it is due. If the Cowboys had RGIII instead of Homo, they would have made the playoffs.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-07-2013, 7:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
When the Seahawks got the ball back with 2:26 left in the first quarter, here was the yardage totals: Redskins 149, Seahawks -2.
After those two drives though: Seahawks 382, Redskins 54.
The Redskins didn't have a drive over 24 yards the rest of the game. And that D you're somehow bragging about allowed an opponent to hang 24 unanswered on em. I don't what planet you're on if you don't think those numbers spell out domination. Especially considering that you're right... the Seahawks made some mistakes and left more points out there. The Skins should have lost by even more.
Karma was a mofo for the Seahawks and it didn't take but a quarter for it to happen. [/QUOTE]

How was Karma a mofo? We won.

Clemons was the Seahawks karma.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-07-2013, 7:27 PM Reply   
Aaahhh. I see what you are saying. I hope your not saying thats a good thing.

And no, it wasn't karma. It was a cold, chewed up cow pasture owned by a billionaire who obviously doesn't care about the health of his employees or their competition.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2013, 3:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not a Washington fan nor a big RGIII fan, but you have to give credit where it is due. If the Cowboys had RGIII instead of Homo, they would have made the playoffs.
How could a one legged QB take you to the playoffs behind a line that bad with no running game.Remember Garrett would still be coaching.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2013, 12:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
A healthy RG III would have beaten Seattle by three TD's.
This is the stupidest thing I have ever read.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-08-2013, 2:13 PM Reply   
^How so? Weren't you down two TD's to an unhealthy RGIII? I don't see how that is a stretch in the slightest and I have no bias towards either team. You do.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2013, 2:46 PM Reply   
So lets just base every football game on one quarter then. From here on in we'll just play one quarter and project it out for four. After all defenses cant make adjustments, offenses can't make adjustments and teams never come from behind to win. Players don't tire, crowds don't lull, nope everything stays just the same as the first quarter. We are, were and remain the better team and proved it. Healthy RG3 or nay.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2013, 4:19 PM Reply   
Well one thing is for sure before RG3 got hurt more seriously. Seattle was being gashed by the run big time. Once their was no threat of RG3 running that stopped. That could have been Seattle adjusting or it could have been the fact that they did not have to account for RG3 running.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2013, 4:25 PM Reply   
If a bullfrog had wings he wouldn't bump his azz. A W is a W and a L is a L.You can make excuses all day and that won't change.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2013, 4:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
If a bullfrog had wings he wouldn't bump his azz. A W is a W and a L is a L.You can make excuses all day and that won't change.
I am not a Redskins fan at all. I could care less about them. But I think it exposed that this amazing Seattle defense does have some holes that can be exploited hopefully by the niners. Gore did gash them for 128 yards earlier this year.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-08-2013, 5:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCPMike0663 View Post
I am not a Redskins fan at all. I could care less about them. But I think it exposed that this amazing Seattle defense does have some holes that can be exploited hopefully by the niners. Gore did gash them for 128 yards earlier this year.
You think it might at all have to do with Seattle flying completely across the country. Maybe a young team who for a lot of them are playing in their first playoff game? Maybe a good coach scripting a good first few drives?

Look, I am not going to say that RG3's injury didn't play partly into Seattle being so dominate the final 3 quarters but RG3 was injured before the game started. Seattle's defense made some adjustments and shut down every single thing the Redskins offense did. By the way, at the beginning of the game the redskins plowed through Seattle by running with their RB not RG3.

It is impossible for anyone to say how the game would of turned out if RG3 finished the game as healthy as he started but in my opinion Seattle still would of won or at the very least come back and made the game go down to the final minutes.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2013, 6:38 PM Reply   
All you hear is whining about if if if if if.All you can count on is what you got.I didn't hear any Seattle fans complaining about losing their best pass rusher Clemons while the Redskins were still leading.Bottom line Redskins shot their load early then constantly didn't execute well enough as a TEAM afterwards to score again.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2013, 7:01 PM Reply   
I have question really not trying to connect to the Seattle game because that is beating a dead horse. But if RG3 can't run where does he rank as a qb? I think he becomes below average. Everything he does is off the fear of him running and escaping. What do you think?
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2013, 7:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
All you hear is whining about if if if if if.All you can count on is what you got.I didn't hear any Seattle fans complaining about losing their best pass rusher Clemons while the Redskins were still leading.Bottom line Redskins shot their load early then constantly didn't execute well enough as a TEAM afterwards to score again.
What I got is niner team about to be headed to the NFC championship game!
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-08-2013, 10:33 PM Reply   
http://q13fox.com/2013/01/08/watch-l...rman-miced-up/

Sherman mic'd up.

And how about that... he didn't smack at all to Trent Williams after the game. Dude just came up and threatened to hit him. But Sherman's the "thug". Okay.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-09-2013, 6:45 AM Reply   
"I have question really not trying to connect to the Seattle game because that is beating a dead horse. But if RG3 can't run where does he rank as a qb? I think he becomes below average. Everything he does is off the fear of him running and escaping. What do you think?"

Look at Wilson's stats before Pete let him off his leash. He was so so and our offense limped along.

I think the new bread of qb will require both the ability to run and pass. The days of the pocket passing qb are dwindling. I also think the tenure of qbs is going to decline big time. The way Wilson, RGlll, Luck and Cam play, their bound to get beat up much sooner and wear out much quicker career wise than a conventional qb.

My pics for this week.

Raven @ Broncos - Broncos

Texans @ Patriots - Patriots

Packers @ Niners - Fricken Niners better win. Don't want to be heading to Lambeau next week.

Hawks @ Atlanta - This game will determine whether or not we are who we say we are... Hawks!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-09-2013, 7:09 AM Reply   
I've got two road wins this week. Sorry Mike.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-09-2013, 7:13 AM Reply   
Luck plays nothing like Cam, Russel, or RG3, and i believe he has a very bright future ahead of him as a QB in the NFL.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-09-2013, 7:22 AM Reply   
I don't think pocket passers will go away but I think the number of teams that build their future around true pocket passers will dwindle. There is no doubt there is always going to be a place for QB's like Brady, Manning, Brees and Rodgers(although Rodgers does have good running ability but he is a pocket passer). I just think the added wrinkle of the pistol/zone read just adds another thing for defenses to defend. I think the correct way to run it though(at least if you wnat your QB to last more than a few years) is to make sure they slide or run out of bounds before they take big hits. Wilson has done a good job of this, this year but there were a couple plays this last week I cringed when he took a shot.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-09-2013, 8:36 AM Reply   
I agree. Wilson has done a great job of being smart so far. Running out of bounds... throwing the ball away... sliding... just avoiding the big hits. The exceptions seem to be the Rams game and the Redskins game. The Playoff game I get... it's win or go home. But taking shots in the Rams game was senseless to me. If he's gonna sustain, he has to stay smart and keep avoiding those shots.

RGIII will need to adapt that into his game. He's so fast and so talented... but he's just not built like a Cam Newton... and he always tries to be a warrior and get every yard he can. While I respect that and love seeing him do it, that just isn't smart and, as we all saw this season, it isn't sustainable.

Luck is a very different animal. He's a pocket guy who has the ability to run when he has to. Impressive guy. I hope he gets some more weapons around him.

My favorite example of Russell's was in the 49er game. (Sorry Mike)

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...gif?1356322915

The best part isn't even in this gif... it's at the end of the play, where he finally gets 6 yards. 4 more and he picks up the 1st down... and there is almost enough space to do it. But he slides anyway and never gets touched. Even though it's 3rd down. That was the only 3rd down they didn't convert in the whole game. (except for a kneel down). I loved that he was smart enough to know the game was effectively over and, while he was willing to scramble and hustle to make something happen, he wasn't willing to get himself killed.
Old    bigdtx            01-09-2013, 8:41 AM Reply   
RG3 is an average QB without the running threat. He's the next Randall Cunningham if he can stay healthy.
The NFL will always be a pocket QB league. The punishment is too great when you run to risk your QB.
Shanahan is a wizard at finding no-name running backs and turning them into world beaters - for a couple of years - then they fade away and he finds another one.
They can't risk using up RG3 like that. The reason you're seeing more running QBs is that those are the guys coming out in the draft right now. If there is a gunslinger that can actually run the offense then teams are all still over him.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-09-2013, 8:55 AM Reply   
I would take Luck over RG3 in a second. Like Cliff said I think the shelf life of these running QBs is going to be short. RG3 took a lot of shots this year. If he doesn't learn to get down or get out of bounds he is going to be hurt a lot. Luck on the other hand is going to be a Peyton Manning kind of guy. I want the guy that stays in the pocket and throws laser beams. Problem is there are not too many of those guys.

Also I think the Pistol is a fad. It will work for a while but defenses will eventually figure it out. Just like they figured out the wild cat and to some extent the zone blitz. If I am the defense I don't even play the running back if I am the unblocked guy I just go to hammer the QB. If I guess right a couple times and blow up the QB. I think that will give teams second thoughts about running it.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-09-2013, 12:51 PM Reply   
So talking about Qb's and mobility, I have always disliked Alex Smith as a pocket passer. I felt they need to let him run a bit to make sure he is not so damn predicable. They did an amazing job limiting his options and developing the system around him and he results was a number 1 QB this season. That being said a guy like Kapernick (Rg3/Vick/Wilson,etc..) is that it just make the offense a little more unpredictable. The niners have built a great offense with a Ton of weapons so it really works well for them, where redskins had very little options and eagles had even fewer. Seattle is very similar to the niners and their targets. That is not to say a pocket passing well developed team will not continue to win super bowls, because obviously it works. It is also said that defense wins super bowls, in this case the playoff teams all have solid defense.

Now to this weekend:

Balt @ Denver -8.5 - Denver will say goodby to Ray Lewis easily. Balt is the weakest team of the group and Denver is just rock solid. There is a very solid chance they win the Sb. Have not looked at their odds to win it, but probably have to be at top of list. Denver wins by 14-17 points.

GB @ SF -3 - 11th ranked offense at home against 13th ranked offense GB. 3rd Ranked defense SF vs 11 Ranked GB. Statistically niners walk away with this one by about 7 points, but odds makers are in the business for a reason, so most likely game is won by a field goal. Gb's strength is in the passing game (8th), but the niners pass defense is 4th in the league. I personally feel that with smith back in the defense, a week off, and Harbaughs coaching abilities, the niners win by 6-10.

Seattle @ Atl -2.5 - Seattle's second road playoff game. They looked solid last week. I think ATL will test them more however. Statistically the falcons have a much better offense, but weaker defense. Seattle's running game is 3rd in the league while ATL's rushing defense is 21st. Pretty much flip flop the passing game. So if I am seattle I am smashing the run the bulk of the game. I actually think the Falcons have been sliding in their play the last few weeks and that plus the week off will hurt them. Generally at home you give away 3 points as a rule of thumb, so the books feel this game is damn near even at 2.5. My personal feeling is that the hawks are playing to a higher calling right now and win by 3-7 points. Next week is a whole different story if they get out of this week however.

Finally Houston goes to New England -9.5 - Any time you go into New England in the playoffs you are in trouble. I think this Houston team is just not that strong any more and their confidence is just not that great right now. Both offenses are top 7 right now with NE being #1, but the defense is the difference. HOU is 7th and NE is 25th. Both teams rushing offense and defense are almost identical. 9.5 is alot of points in any playoffs. NE has proven stats are'nt all that counts. They have a stack of veterans that have been there before and are still hungry. I think NE easily wins this game and I am thinking by 7-10 points. This could be brady's year and moment to prove his greatness.

I most likely will place a large chunk of money on Denver depending on what the line does. I think that line is under what it is going to be and the one I feel the strongest about.

Good luck
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-09-2013, 1:26 PM Reply   
I like where your heads at Buffalow

If Seattle can be around there 15 point average (+/-2) I see them winning by 10. I really believe we can hang 24-27 on the Falcons. If we shut down the run and Ryan has to throw theres gonna be around 3 picks on the day. Concerns for us is if we can get a decent pass rush with Clemons out and Gonzales in the middle of the field. Longwell is going to be kicking for us so hopefully we either won't need him much more than PAT's or he can regain his former glory but he could be a problem too.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-10-2013, 1:13 PM Reply   
Jason,
Great job on your picks last week. I was 1-3 against the spread last week. I guess that is why I don't bet on football. Although I will say if I knew Joe Webb was starting and RG3 was that hurt my predications would have been a little different.

BAL vs Denver- I am agreeing with Jason on this one (which is probably bad for him). I see a blow out here. Peyton has no problem with the Ravens in his career. Plus he has to win so that he can get punked by Tom Brady and and Belichick in the championship game like usual. I see 31-10 Denver here. One last note I think Flacco is garbage.

HOU vs NE I am taking New England. THe number is huge but Brady and crew at home will thump them. I like Houston's team but their defense looked horrible last time they played. And as great as Foster is I am not sold on Schaub as championship caliber QB. Add in the fact that New England crushes people at home. I say 35-20 New England in this one.

SEA vs ATL I was actually shocked to see Atlanta is favored in this game. Gotta go with my second favorite team in this game Atlanta 28-17. Of course my second favorite team is anyteam playing against the Seathugs.

GB vs SF I am really concerned about this game. Everything I look at (Jason did good analysis) points to the Niners winning. There are some major concerns, Kaps first playoff game, how much can Justin Smith play, will that get pressure with out him. But at the end of the day the Niners are at home, don't turn the ball over, and should have a dominate rushing game. I believe that is the recipe for success. 30-21 Niners
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-10-2013, 3:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Seathugs.
We prefere Seagangstas or even SeaMurder but SeaThugs works too

Bad pick by the way
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-10-2013, 5:07 PM Reply   
PLAYOFF PICKS ROUND 2

SATURDAY @ 4:30

BAL @ DEN- I'll have to take Peyton at his place.Bronco's win.

SATURDAY @ 8:00

GB @ SF - I think with Justin Smith back and Gore on 2 week rested legs SF has the edge.Niners at home

SUNDAY @1:00

SEA @ ATL - This is the toughest one to pick.Turner on rested legs.Gonzalez on plenty of mismatches.Roddy White against elite corners.Lynch against a vulnerable run defense.Wilson against slower linebackers.The list goes on and on.I think the tougher team will win.Seahawks win and meet the Niners for round Three.

SUNDAY @4:30

HOU @ NE - Too much for Houston to overcome.Pats at home.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-12-2013, 8:04 AM Reply   
Here we go. Sf game the line moved to 2.5 and the public is 61% on Gb. Denver game the line moved to 10 and 55% of the public is on baltimore. I am going against public on both of these. I got SF at -2 and Denver at -8. I thank did a parlay of both straight up that still pays nice. My only concern right now is that Denver is going to be 18 degrees. Maning has never won a playoff game below 40 degrees (0-4). That does not concern me about the win, but it does about the spread. My gut says they still go out and kill them at Denver is 9-0 against the spread and won 9 straight over baltimore including 2 playoffs

Good luck
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-13-2013, 8:12 AM Reply   
Wow Balt sure suprised me. I read a stat yesterday morning that Peyton had never won a playoff games under 40 degrees. Unfourtantly thatdid not stop me from laying a stack of money on them. Oh well at least the game was enteratinaing anmd I took the over which paid nicely. Niner games was awesome. I actually think they have a real good shot to win it all if they can keep up that creativity. All of you kapernick doubters, say farewell to Alex smith cause he gone. Probaly to KC or SD or even raiders.

On to today... SEA/ATL my thoughts yesterday are the same. I am going SEA and over. I just think the momentum they have and I think the down time ATL had will actually hurt them. I read people talking about ATL being loud and such, but come on that actually plays into SEA's hands.

My thoughts on the HOU/NE are the same as well, except I no longer love the 10 pts. I am very nervous that NE wins my like 7 or heck 3. Hou got killed last night and has to figure someting out and it is a playoff game,so I will probably go small and and take Hou and the points.If NE comes in a little over confident, kind of what the broncos felt like yeterday, they could lose or be kept close.

Good luck...
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2013, 8:14 AM Reply   
I should be really pissed about how the Broncos D gave that game away, but I just can't get myself to care... I had it set in my mind that I could watch e Broncos all te way to a great Super Bowl party...bla....bla...bla. NHL FTW! Go Avs!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-13-2013, 8:26 AM Reply   
Sea line moved to 3, which I like

Current 53% of bettors are on Atl -3
Currently 52.5% of bettors are on Ne - 10
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-13-2013, 10:23 AM Reply   
I am actually shocked. I had the broncos beating the pack in the sb. Do not underestimate the determination of the ravens for the rest of the playoffs. They want to send the murderer out with another sb ring.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-13-2013, 10:46 AM Reply   
Boom!! I know it can change the seathugs are getting run over!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-13-2013, 11:21 AM Reply   
Are they getting run over or are they wore out.Well 49ers get the plane ready for a trip to Atlanta.And remember first you have to stop the run.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-13-2013, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Are they getting run over or are they wore out.Well 49ers get the plane ready for a trip to Atlanta.And remember first you have to stop the run.
As you said after last weeks game no excuses. Tired or not ass kicking first half (seahawks can still comeback).
49ers will be ready. In Harbaugh we trust.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-13-2013, 1:03 PM Reply   
Hold the plane let's wait for the call.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-13-2013, 1:05 PM Reply   
Wow!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-13-2013, 1:08 PM Reply   
Double wow!!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-13-2013, 1:10 PM Reply   
Still not over.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-13-2013, 1:16 PM Reply   
Coach Carroll choked!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-13-2013, 1:17 PM Reply   
Should have never called the TO before the missed kick.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-13-2013, 1:18 PM Reply   
It was a good game and the better team won.Seattle was a very game opponent.Just came up short.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-13-2013, 1:52 PM Reply   
Call the Timeout or dont... But you DONT let the kicker get a practice kick.. Thats just dumb management. Call it early or dont call it at all.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-13-2013, 1:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Hawks @ Atlanta - This game will determine whether or not we are who we say we are... Hawks!
So who are you all?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2013, 2:28 PM Reply   
So close...

What an awesome season for the Hawks. We went deep and almost pulled it off with a young team. Atlanta did what they needed to do and they deserve the win.

Going forward I gotta root for our division. Niners need to go into Atlanta next week and finish what we started.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2013, 2:34 PM Reply   
Jeremy,

We're the team that scared the piss out of the number one seed in their own house. Consider this season a coming out if you will. We're young and talented with a great coaching staff. Another year under this groups belt and we're gonna be scary good.

But then again, deep down you already know that...
Old    bigdtx            01-13-2013, 3:25 PM Reply   
Heartbreaker for the Hawks. I thought they had it in the bag. Would have been a great story after the Broncos game yesterday.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-13-2013, 3:44 PM Reply   
just made way too many mistakes in the first half. There is no way we should of been down 20-0 at the half. Unbelievable come back though. I just can't believe we let them drive 50 yards in the last 30 seconds to kick a fg. IF this game was at home we would of won by 2 td's. It just sucks that we blew it on a few games early in the year that cost us home field advantage.

On the positive side the hawks are on of the youngest teams in the NFL, have a good all around defense, a good run game and our franchise QB. We need a better pass rush and a true number 1 WR. even those things aren't dire needs for this team to be super bowl team but would sure make it a lot easier to get there.

Also, as much as it sucks to have it happen at the expense of the hawks I am happy for Tony G. He sure seems to be one of the good guys in the NFL and is the best TE in the history of the league. He really changed that position. You could tell how much a playoff win really meant to him. He could barely talk.