Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-15-2012, 7:58 PM Reply   
Dammit Bobby. That boy aint right.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-15-2012, 8:20 PM Reply   
This thread is starting to look like my facebook wall!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-16-2012, 4:01 AM Reply   
Keep puffing out that chest. That will be more air that comes out Thursday! Then we will see what you have to say?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-16-2012, 9:12 AM Reply   
More Legion of Boom lovin'

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-16-2012, 9:21 AM Reply   
Robert, I don't get it. All us Hawks homers are all talking up our team that happens to be 4-2 and has the best D in the league but you the only thing you can say about your team is that they won a few super bowls almost 20 years ago. The Cowboys haven't been relevant, in a good way anyways, since the days of Emmitt, Irvin and Aikmen. Honestly, it is great that your team won those super bowls. I wish the Hawks would have a super bowl or 2 at this point but give it a rest. 20 years ago has nothing to do with today.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-16-2012, 10:06 AM Reply   
We should have our chest puffed up a little. We have had some really big wins against the darlings of the NFL, Goodell is probably schitting in his gabardine every Sunday when a bunch of "thugs" beat his marque teams. Thursday is gonna be a battle no doubt. I mean its not like we're playing the Cowboys or something. No, we're going to be playing a good team, a worthy opponent.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-16-2012, 11:26 AM Reply   
my favorite tuesday morning read.
http://profootballmock.com/?p=5438
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-16-2012, 11:54 AM Reply   
genius.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-16-2012, 2:43 PM Reply   
Just got my tickets to see the niners put a whooping on the hawks
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-16-2012, 3:44 PM Reply   
I am seeing a Seahawk trend here. Brady, Rodgers, Newton, and Romo. All wins. Kolb and Bradford loses. Which list does Alex Smith belong on?
Maybe it has more to do with this Hawks 3-0 at home with your 12th man and sometime 13th man (ref from the packers game). 1-2 on the road.
Niners going win this game by at 10.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-16-2012, 4:24 PM Reply   
Just a few facts from NFL.COM. Scoring defense #1 Chicago Bears 14.2 ppg #2 tie Arizona and Seattle 15.5 ppg # 3 SF 49ers 15.7 ppg. TOTAL YARDS PER GAME #1SF 49ers 275.8 #2 Dallas Cowboys 285.2 #3 Chicago Bears 291.2 #4 SEATTLE Seahawks 294.7 #5 Pittsburgh Steelers 295.8. Passing yards allowed #1 Dallas Cowboys 181.6 # 13 Seattle Seahawks 224.7. Rushing yards allowed #1 Chicago Bears 65.8 #2 Seattle Seahawks 70.0 Overall defense #1 Dallas Cowboys I don't see Seattle at #1 in any category ? Are you guys on some kind of drugs?I won't even waste my time proving other facts as you guys are on another planet.

Last edited by cwb4me; 10-16-2012 at 4:27 PM.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-16-2012, 5:02 PM Reply   
Dude. C'mon.
Are you honestly gonna sit there and say Seattle doesn't have a STRONG D? Really? Take that pair of game-worn Romo underwear you scored on Ebay off your head for a minute... they're covering your eyes.
I don't know if the Hawks have owned any of those categories all season and I don't care. Our rushing D is on point and our secondary is LEGIT. I'm sure we slipped some in yards-allowed this week after Brady threw for a couple miles on Sunday... lotta good it did him.
If you're just trying to correct statements that have been thrown around about us being the #1 D in the NFL, then fine man, you can go ahead and chalk the little box in your scorecard or whatever... but don't act like we aren't good. Cause you know we are.

And Welker knows we are too... I see him getting his little snotbox rocked over and over again as I type this.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-16-2012, 9:44 PM Reply   
Hawks at San Fran - Hawks

Cards at Min - Min

Green Bay at St Louis - Green Bay
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-17-2012, 3:37 AM Reply   
Week 7 Picks

Thursday Night Game
SEA @SF- 49ER's in a low scoring affair. 3 division losses for the mighty Seahawks.

SUNDAY @ 1:00

ARI @ MIN- Vikings at home.
DAL @ CAR- Cowboys
NO @ TB - Saints win this one!
GB @STL - Packers are back on track and win!
WAS @ NYG -GIANTS usually struggle against WASHINGTON,but find a way to stop RGIII.G-MEN win!
BAL @ HOU - Without Webb and Lewis Ravens D can't stop the points from going in Texans Favor.TEXANS win and are back on track.
TEN @ BUF - Bills win at home.
CLE @ IND - Another tough one to pick,but i'll take the Colts at home.

Sunday @ 4:00

NYJ @ NE - Patriots rebound this week and finish the win!
JAC @ OAK - Raiders win at home.

SUNDAY NIGHT @ 8:30

PIT @ CIN - Steelers should win this one,but i wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals pull an upset.

MONDAY NIGHT @ 8:30

DET @ CHI - Bears win at home.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-17-2012, 3:46 AM Reply   
. but don't act like we aren't good. Cause you know we are.

I didn't see YOU on the field. I did hear YOU taking credit for someone else's accomplishments.

I also didn't see Seattle listed as # 1 in ANY defensive category. Sounds like you think your opinion is fact and Seattle's accomplishments makes you a better man. I'm sorry you can't do things on your own and research your own facts.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-17-2012, 9:12 AM Reply   
Hahahaha. Nice spin. You should be a politician. I'm not sayin you'd be any good at it... but most of those guys get on my nerves too.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-18-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
Hahahaha. Nice spin. You should be a politician. I'm not sayin you'd be any good at it... but most of those guys get on my nerves too.
That's all i needed to hear. Now i know which buttons to push.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-18-2012, 8:26 PM Reply   
boom! 3 division losses and counting!!!!!!:d:d
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-18-2012, 8:33 PM Reply   
The Gore Train went for miles in that porous defense!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-18-2012, 8:39 PM Reply   
That porous D that gave up 13 points?

Seattle blew that game. They should of been up 13-3 or so at half. Way too many drops. When you are playing a really good team like SF you can't make mistakes. This one hurts knowing we could of easily won it. That said all 3 losses we have now we could of won. God this one is going to hurt. What sucks is that all the good teams in the NFL are in the NFC. The AFC is absolutely terrible. We are going to have a tough time even getting a Wild Card berth. We play a lot of good teams still as well. Ouch.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-18-2012, 8:56 PM Reply   
yep. Three painful close ones. And all in the division. ouch. Wish our receivers could have gotten it together. A couple of those easy passes dropped early would have changed everything.

Porous defense? You've gotta learn how to gloat man. You're doing it wrong.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-18-2012, 9:19 PM Reply   
I thought it was a tough game. And in the second half the niners finally got back to doing what they do best run the ball play defense. And not have smith throw the ball over 5 yards. Smith cost the niners 3 points with that end zone pick. I was very happy how gore ran the ball against that amazing seahawks D. The rematch in Seattle will be another good one.

Did anyone notice how harbaugh cost everyone who bet on the niners by not accepting that penalty at the end. The line was 7 1/2.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-19-2012, 3:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
That porous D that gave up 13 points?

Seattle blew that game. They should of been up 13-3 or so at half. Way too many drops. When you are playing a really good team like SF you can't make mistakes. This one hurts knowing we could of easily won it. That said all 3 losses we have now we could of won. God this one is going to hurt. What sucks is that all the good teams in the NFL are in the NFC. The AFC is absolutely terrible. We are going to have a tough time even getting a Wild Card berth. We play a lot of good teams still as well. Ouch.
The woulda,coulda,shoulda Train has left the station.All loyal fans ride it some time.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-19-2012, 3:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
yep. Three painful close ones. And all in the division. ouch. Wish our receivers could have gotten it together. A couple of those easy passes dropped early would have changed everything.

Porous defense? You've gotta learn how to gloat man. You're doing it wrong.
Porous= over 150 yards rushing to Gore.He was GASHING them for big gains ALL NIGHT LONG! This D gave up over Twice what they normally do.They are slipping further away from that #1 slot.Will they even finish in the top ten?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-19-2012, 3:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCPMike0663 View Post
I thought it was a tough game. And in the second half the niners finally got back to doing what they do best run the ball play defense. And not have smith throw the ball over 5 yards. Smith cost the niners 3 points with that end zone pick. I was very happy how gore ran the ball against that amazing seahawks D. The rematch in Seattle will be another good one.

Did anyone notice how harbaugh cost everyone who bet on the niners by not accepting that penalty at the end. The line was 7 1/2.
It could have EASILY been a blowout,but Smith over threw several of his wide open recievers.Also like you mentioned they gave back the safety.When the game was on the line the Seahawks CHOKED!!!!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-19-2012, 7:32 AM Reply   
We havent heard from cliff yet. Can some of you Seattle guys check your local bridges and pull him back from the ledge.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-19-2012, 8:24 AM Reply   
Oh I'm right here. I was out of town until last night. We definitely left that one on the field. Five easily catchable passes left on the field last night cost us the game. As for running, I didn't see San Fran doing much to keep The Beast in check and our corners basically shut down their receivers for the night. I was impressed again by Wilson's leadership as well. In the end we failed on the offensive side of the ball too many times and our D finally wore out from being on the field against Gore and co.

If you think this loss has done anything to create doubt in my Hawks you don't know me very well. We're still right in the mix of things and all three teams we've lost to are going to have to come play in our house. As you keep referring to "the season is still young" It's gonna be real fun flipping the switch when they have to come into our house.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-19-2012, 10:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Oh I'm right here. I was out of town until last night. We definitely left that one on the field. Five easily catchable passes left on the field last night cost us the game. As for running, I didn't see San Fran doing much to keep The Beast in check and our corners basically shut down their receivers for the night. I was impressed again by Wilson's leadership as well. In the end we failed on the offensive side of the ball too many times and our D finally wore out from being on the field against Gore and co.

If you think this loss has done anything to create doubt in my Hawks you don't know me very well. We're still right in the mix of things and all three teams we've lost to are going to have to come play in our house. As you keep referring to "the season is still young" It's gonna be real fun flipping the switch when they have to come into our house.
What cost you the game is your defense couldn't stop their offense. Or you could say your offense couldn't execute against their defense.Either way i'd say their better than the Seahawks who are 4-3 in third place in their division.The Seahawks also have 3 division losses and no tiebreakers in their division.The Seahawks allowed more yards and more points than the 49ers so the 49ers had a better defense.The 49ers gained more yards and scored more points,even after giving 2 pts back.So their offense out performed Seattles offense also.Looks like a loss is a loss to me. Unless your a Seahawks fan?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-19-2012, 11:13 AM Reply   
Robert, youre worse than a red sox fan. Bashing other teams failures, while your own rooting interest sucks ass through a short straw! And this is coming from a cowboys fan!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-19-2012, 12:28 PM Reply   
I thought the niners half time adjustments were great. Those quick hitting running plays were killer good. Gore was able to make it into the secondary where there was wide open space. As a niner fan, if we only had a QB. Alex Smith is who he is. A little below average QB on a team with a good running game and strong defense. If the rest of the team wasn't so good Kapp would have been unleashed to start this season. With Smith at QB, Harbaugh needs to go back to playing ultra conservative and hope the defense pulls through. Because you can have mistakes (int) if you are also throwing TDs and deep balls but you can't have those mistakes and not make big plays in the passing game.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-19-2012, 12:31 PM Reply   
I think Smith is just a sheety QB (he missed Moss who was open by a mile when he threw that pick in the endzone). If the 49er's would have been able to land Peyton, that team would be unstoppable.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-19-2012, 1:00 PM Reply   
Bobby, if you should never, ever use the word choke as long as you have Romo on your team. C'mon man. And to say we couldn't stop them? They scored 13 points, 13 at home points! That should win you a game in NFL but we dropped the ball on offense with regards to the pass game. I wasn't planning on winning that game, hoping but not planning. When they come to our house however I will be planning a victory party. I can assure you that you will never deter Cliff, Brett nor myself from believeing and loving this team. We've all been die hard fans our whole lives no matter how great or schitty they have been. Oh and the safety call was BS he hit the dude in the hip.

Mike, kudos and congrats. It was just as I expecrted it to be a real tough game. I'd like to have seen us force Alex beat us rather than Gore but he has beastly games against us every time. We'll be waiting for you guys in December
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-19-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Bobby, if you should never, ever use the word choke as long as you have Romo on your team. C'mon man. And to say we couldn't stop them? They scored 13 points, 13 at home points! That should win you a game in NFL but we dropped the ball on offense with regards to the pass game. I wasn't planning on winning that game, hoping but not planning. When they come to our house however I will be planning a victory party. I can assure you that you will never deter Cliff, Brett nor myself from believeing and loving this team. We've all been die hard fans our whole lives no matter how great or schitty they have been. Oh and the safety call was BS he hit the dude in the hip.

Mike, kudos and congrats. It was just as I expecrted it to be a real tough game. I'd like to have seen us force Alex beat us rather than Gore but he has beastly games against us every time. We'll be waiting for you guys in December
What was your number? Offense ,i assume as you stated we dropped the ball on offense! I didn't see you on the field so you must have been a non-factor in the game. Are you second string or the string hanging out the booty shorts of one of the cheerleaders?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-19-2012, 1:48 PM Reply   
Bobby is the worst kind of fan. Would rather root against other teams instead of rooting for his own team.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-19-2012, 4:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Bobby is the worst kind of fan. Would rather root against other teams instead of rooting for his own team.
That's the BIGGEST JOKE i've heard. Most of the guys on here root against the Cowboys,but i'm used to it.All i've done is point out FACTS and express my opinion.If it's not the same as yours you are easily offended.Put on your big boy pants and play ball with the rest of the men!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-19-2012, 7:20 PM Reply   
^Okay Robert, I have stayed out of these rants, but I can't do it anymore. I have no problem with you bashing the Seahawks, hell, I have been doing it for the past 3 years. But I don't think it is right for you to keep bringing up the Cowboy's SB's, the last being from almost over 20 years ago, every time someone retaliates against you and starts bashing the Cowboys. It's not fair "smack-talking". If you are going to bash the 2012 Seahawks, then you can't bring up the 1990's Cowboy Super Bowl teams. When you do that, it only screams out, "MY TEAM SUCKS SO BAD, I HAVE TO RESORT TO TALKING ABOUT 2 DECADES AGO!!". I mean I am a Titan's fan, but I don't bring up the 2000 team because we are so awful this year.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-19-2012, 7:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
^Okay Robert, I have stayed out of these rants, but I can't do it anymore. I have no problem with you bashing the Seahawks, hell, I have been doing it for the past 3 years. But I don't think it is right for you to keep bringing up the Cowboy's SB's, the last being from almost over 20 years ago, every time someone retaliates against you and starts bashing the Cowboys. It's not fair "smack-talking". If you are going to bash the 2012 Seahawks, then you can't bring up the 1990's Cowboy Super Bowl teams. When you do that, it only screams out, "MY TEAM SUCKS SO BAD, I HAVE TO RESORT TO TALKING ABOUT 2 DECADES AGO!!". I mean I am a Titan's fan, but I don't bring up the 2000 team because we are so awful this year.
At least you beat the Steelers. We beat the Giants in NY,but we haven't played consistently.The only reason i brought up the Superbowl is Seattle fans were talking about accomplishments.Any FOOTBALL fan can see their touted defense are a bunch of cheap shot artists who are adept at holding and mugging receivers.I predict in a few weeks the NFL will start calling it like FOOTBALL FANS around the country have seen it so far.Then Seattles imaginary great defense will be viewed as average.Hate if you will,but that's my opinion.As for Dallas,i see them improving on consistent play as the year progresses.As i've stated many times already "The season is young".
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-19-2012, 8:07 PM Reply   
I love Robert's passion for smack talking. Most verbally aggressive poster since Umali. He'll never hurt my feelings and his passion for being the anti fan keeps this thread hopping
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-19-2012, 9:47 PM Reply   
My number is number 12 and I'm there every game day in full force.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-19-2012, 9:50 PM Reply   
I'll say this for Bobby, at least he doesn't bitch up as fast as the team he supports.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-19-2012, 10:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
It's not fair "smack-talking".
Did I really just read that???
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-20-2012, 3:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
My number is number 12 and I'm there every game day in full force.
#12 HUH! You must not be contributing much since your 0-4 against San-Francisco .As for long time fans,i've been a Cowboys fan since 1968. That means i've seen the team i root for win 5 superbowls. As far as Smack Talking,i have a lifetime of experience and very thick skin.So as the young kids say today"GAME ON".
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-20-2012, 6:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
Did I really just read that???
Yes. Did you bring up the Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk days or the LA Rams over the past few seasons when the Rams were terrible?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-20-2012, 7:22 AM Reply   
We need a little emoticon that has the point flying right over someone's head!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-20-2012, 8:32 AM Reply   
Just wanted to stop in and say, Broncos!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-20-2012, 10:18 AM Reply   
Bobbys bringing up 20 and 30 year old news isn't unfair but it is pathetic. His 2-3 Cowgirls are bad this year so he has nothing to cling to except the past. I tell you what if they can't beat Carolina this weekend you may as well stick a fork in em but they are low hanging fruit which is about the only thing they can reach. "But hey we beat NY!" yeah and then promptly lost to every other good team you played this year.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-21-2012, 11:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
I love Robert's passion for smack talking. Most verbally aggressive poster since Umali. He'll never hurt my feelings and his passion for being the anti fan keeps this thread hopping
wtf???
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-21-2012, 2:17 PM Reply   
WTF?

Says the legend of stirring ish in a sheepish tone. You know this thread isn't the same without you...

Back to the thread...

Soooo crappy that we didn't win Thursday considering both the Cards and the Rams lost. We could have been looking really good in our division right now.

Last edited by seattle; 10-21-2012 at 2:19 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-21-2012, 5:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Bobbys bringing up 20 and 30 year old news isn't unfair but it is pathetic. His 2-3 Cowgirls are bad this year so he has nothing to cling to except the past. I tell you what if they can't beat Carolina this weekend you may as well stick a fork in em but they are low hanging fruit which is about the only thing they can reach. "But hey we beat NY!" yeah and then promptly lost to every other good team you played this year.
Okay let's examine the low hanging fruit. Cowboys are tied for second in their division with Philly and the Cowboys own the tiebreaker. Cowboys have 3 losses.Cowboys are 2-2 on the road.Cowboys are 1-0 in division play.They are considered low hanging fruit by hatenpain.Now lets examine Seattle. They are 3rd in their division. Seattle also has 3 losses. Seattle is 1-3 on the road with their only win coming against the 1-5 Panthers by a mere 4 points.Seattle is 0-3 in their division.So if Dallas is considered low hanging fruit ,is Seattle considered digested fruit[dog poop]?Be careful how you Answer! Remember i only use facts and haven't bragged on the team i root for.I'm just pointing out facts that should help you tone down your enthusiasm a little bit.At least till your in a position to do so. This reminds me of the running back for the N.Y. Giants Wilson who was quoted as saying he was going to be in the hall of fame one day.This was after he had run of 87 yards so far this season. Who is he trying to convince? Hatenpain please look in the mirror!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-21-2012, 5:55 PM Reply   
Seattle is tied for second with the Cards in our division.

Seattle kicked the Cowboys ass.

There ya go... Seattle is better.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-21-2012, 6:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Seattle is tied for second with the Cards in our division.

Seattle kicked the Cowboys ass.

There ya go... Seattle is better.
With 3 division losses they aren't tied for second. With 3 losses they have the same amount of losses as the Cowboys. Their win over the Cowboys won't help their 3 division losses,which is the first tiebreaker after head to head competition. Just the Facts!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-22-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
The low hanging fruit I mentioned are the teams the Cowboys are able to beat. To be fair I do not think of the cowboys as low hanging fruit, unless of course they are playing Seattle then its easy pickens. Yes we have 3 losses as do you and of course a loss is a loss as records go but...The total points we have lost by is 17 thats less than just one of your losses against oh who was that again?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-22-2012, 3:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
The low hanging fruit I mentioned are the teams the Cowboys are able to beat. To be fair I do not think of the cowboys as low hanging fruit, unless of course they are playing Seattle then its easy pickens. Yes we have 3 losses as do you and of course a loss is a loss as records go but...The total points we have lost by is 17 thats less than just one of your losses against oh who was that again?
I guess you call the N Y Giants low hanging Fruit. I would call them the reigning Super Bowl champs.Last year we lost 7 games by 3 points or less,but they still counted as losses. I guess a loss is a loss!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-22-2012, 3:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
"But hey we beat NY!" yeah and then promptly lost to every other good team you played this year.
C'mon buddy, read and reread.

Quote:
I guess a loss is a loss!
Better tell this guy that.

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-22-2012, 4:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
C'mon buddy, read and reread.

Better tell this guy that.

Unfortunately one win over the Cowboys won't get you far,especially with 3 division losses.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-22-2012, 8:59 PM Reply   
No but that coupled with the 3 forthcoming divisional wins will go a long way.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-23-2012, 5:27 PM Reply   
WEEK 8 Picks:

Thursday Night 8:30

TB @ MIN - Vikings with Ponder and A.P. all day.

Sunday at 1:00

MIA @ NYJ - Jets should win this one at home.
SD @ CLE - Chargers better win this one or they will be in deep chit!
IND @ TEN - Titans are on a one win roll.i think they will make it two.
NE @ STL - Patriots should win this one,but that's why we play the game.Pats by a FG at the end.
JAC @ GB - Packers should be back winning at home again!
ATL @ PHI - Falcons will continue to be undefeated.
WAS @ PIT - Washingtons offense with RGIII will be too much for PITTSBURGH.Redskins win and big ben hangs his head.
sea @ DET - Subtle hint Lions and SUH roar at home.Megatron goes off as lions win in somewhat of an upset.Only the true warriors survive this one.
CAR @ CHI - Yet another casualty to the mighty NFC NORTH.The Bears crush the panthers.

SUNDAY AT 4:00

OAK @ KC - The battle for last place.Let me flip a quarter. Heads Raiders win!
NYG @ DAL - I'LL go with my gut and not my head.Dallas doubles up on the Giants and finally wins against them in their new stadium.

SUNDAY @ 8:30

NO @ DEN - Broncos are tough at home.Saints come marching in ,but the Sheriff takes them down!!!! Broncos win.

MONDAY @ 8:30

SF @ ARI Divisional matchup and a tough one.I'LL take the 49ERS in a close one.

I only got 1 game wrong last week,i hope to duplicate that this week.

Last edited by cwb4me; 10-23-2012 at 5:29 PM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-24-2012, 3:29 AM Reply   
"IND @ TEN - Titans are on a one win roll.i think they will make it two."

Come on man. The Titans haven't given me the ability to talk smack this year, but a win against Indy would be three in a row (they beat Pitt and Buffalo in their last two games).
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-24-2012, 3:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
"IND @ TEN - Titans are on a one win roll.i think they will make it two."

Come on man. The Titans haven't given me the ability to talk smack this year, but a win against Indy would be three in a row (they beat Pitt and Buffalo in their last two games).
Oops sorry Jeremy! I should have checked my facts before posting!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-24-2012, 7:13 AM Reply   
Hawks @ Detroit - Hawks

San Fran @ Arizona - Arizona

New England @ St. Louis - New England

Outside our division but still gonna be a fun one to watch.

NY @ Dallas - Manning and co. take this one.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-26-2012, 3:55 AM Reply   
Looks like Tampa Bay is tired of being at the bottom. They took it to Minnesota.Well 1 game wrong so far.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-26-2012, 8:37 AM Reply   
Richard Sherman is so awesome. He changed his twitter handle this week to Optimus Prime since he will trying to shut down Megatron. Hoepfully he can go out there and shut Megatron down. Does Detroit have a single playmaker on their roster besides Megatron? It seems that if you shut him down or even just keep him from having a monster game you can beat the Lions. They have zero run game, their pass protection sucks, they have a decent but shoudl be better TE. C'mon Hawks. Beat the crap out of Stafford and make them try to beat you on the ground. I could see Lynch having a monster game.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-26-2012, 9:16 AM Reply   
Yeah start Lynch in your fantasy league for sure. Stafford is having bad, bad year. He has one of if not the best wide out in the game and so far this year he has 1 TD! Pettigrew is a good tight end but he's getting next to nothing as well. We should handle them but we'll have yet another game on the road our 5th in 8 games so you have to worry a little.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-26-2012, 10:20 AM Reply   
Do any of you fantasy football players follow Kevin Smith like I do? Yes, he's a little injury prone, but I can't understand how Detroit cut him a year or two ago after he kicked a lot of ass for them. Then they get desperate and bring him back when they have injuries and he kicks ass again. Of course, when Leshoure gets healthy, they kick him to the curb again. If I was detroit, I'd be running Kevin Smith all day long. Does he have bad breath?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-26-2012, 1:05 PM Reply   
Yeah I had him last year after they brought him in off the couch and he tore it up. There has to be some weird reason they don't use him more.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-28-2012, 9:54 AM Reply   
WEEK 8 Picks:

Thursday Night 8:30

TB @ MIN - Would have taken Vikings to cruise and blow this one out

Sunday at 1:00

MIA @ NYJ - Jets Tebow wills them to win from the sideline
SD @ CLE - Chargers in a closer than you think
IND @ TEN - Matt and company take this one
NE @ STL - Pats get ahead early and hang on
JAC @ GB - Packers in a blow out
ATL @ PHI - Eagles 13-0 after the bye under Reed and Falcons 0-2 against Eagles
WAS @ PIT - Steelers are to much at home for any rookie Q
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS @ DET - Hawks D gets after Stafford and stops any run attack.
CAR @ CHI - Bears D is way to much for faultering panthers O

SUNDAY AT 4:00

OAK @ KC - KC runs it better and has home field
NYG @ DAL - Giants get revenge for the at home loss in a big way.

SUNDAY @ 8:30

NO @ DEN - Broncs Manning has got it going now

MONDAY @ 8:30

SF @ ARI Niners Should be close and low but Niners D is too much for the AZ O
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-28-2012, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Richard Sherman is so awesome. He changed his twitter handle this week to Optimus Prime since he will trying to shut down Megatron. Hoepfully he can go out there and shut Megatron down. Does Detroit have a single playmaker on their roster besides Megatron? It seems that if you shut him down or even just keep him from having a monster game you can beat the Lions. They have zero run game, their pass protection sucks, they have a decent but shoudl be better TE. C'mon Hawks. Beat the crap out of Stafford and make them try to beat you on the ground. I could see Lynch having a monster game.
Uh oh.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-28-2012, 1:30 PM Reply   
"Uh oh."

That was painful... very, very, painful...

Your boys suffered the same down to the wire loss as well so welcome to the party.

I'm just hoping a Dallas loss can lift my spirits a little.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-28-2012, 4:25 PM Reply   
We got screwed by the refs at the end. That was a Wayne fumble before regulation ended, and TN was in FG range.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-28-2012, 5:24 PM Reply   
I see that Romo still doesn't understand that he is supposed to throw the ball to the guys on his team.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-28-2012, 6:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
I see that Romo still doesn't understand that he is supposed to throw the ball to the guys on his team.
He still threw for 434 yards,which was over twice as much as Manning.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-28-2012, 7:00 PM Reply   
Romo needs to stop throwing to dez bryant. That guy is useless. Cut his dumb ass, and bring in a reciever who knows what a playbook is!
Thinking about giving up on the cowboys till jerry jones stops managing the team.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-28-2012, 7:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
Romo needs to stop throwing to dez bryant. That guy is useless. Cut his dumb ass, and bring in a reciever who knows what a playbook is!
Thinking about giving up on the cowboys till jerry jones stops managing the team.
Just the facts,Dez Bryant 5-110 yards.Giants top receivers Cruz 2-23 and Randle 2- 68 add them up and they don't equal Bryant.Go root for some other team we don't need any crybabies.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-28-2012, 7:43 PM Reply   
How many points did dez cost the cowboys today? 10 or 14? First int was his fault, led to giants score. Tried to catch another punt over his shoulder, and fumbled it. Led to more giants points. Eliminate those turnovers, cowboys win. Is not being a crybaby, its looking at the facts. You talk about the facts in other posts, please make note of those that i just pointed out to you.
He repeatedly makes the same mistakes every single week. Running incorrect routes, and trying to make circus catches on punts. Incredily talented dude, no questions there. But he is a moron.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-29-2012, 6:45 AM Reply   
Guess yesterday was a weekend where non of us walked away happy...

Tonight's game should be a good one.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-29-2012, 7:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Guess yesterday was a weekend where non of us walked away happy...

Tonight's game should be a good one.
I need SF to pitch a shutout plus score a TD on defense so I can win one of my fantasy leagues.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-29-2012, 10:19 AM Reply   
49ers game should be good tonight. Win tonight and two game lead in the division plus tie breakers. I am in Maui and we are going to local sports bar to watch the game. Should be fun.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-29-2012, 10:46 PM Reply   
Ass whipping!!!! Very enjoyable game at the bar. Now two game lead and all tie breakers in division. Sorry Seattle time to start hoping for a wild card. Time to start looking forward to attaining a first round bye. Alex Smith still scares me but the D and the running game are the real deal.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-30-2012, 3:51 AM Reply   
Gore helped me finish my FF win this week,but i got 6 picks wrong this week.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-30-2012, 3:56 AM Reply   
In the NFC the NFC NORTH likely will get the wild card teams.Unless the Saints go on a MARCH. It will most likely be between GB,Chicago and Minnesota.