Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Waterskiing

Old     (sky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-03-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
Have any of you ever had your forearms hurt so much from waterskiing that you could not hold on to the rope long enough to get pulled out of the water? Do you all use the reverse grip when holding the rope? Any suggestions on how to deal with this will be appreciated.
Old     (jzd)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-03-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
Do you use Gloves ?
Old     (sky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-05-2006, 6:15 AM Reply   
I haven't yet but I just bought a pair.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-05-2006, 8:13 AM Reply   
Suggestions: Clincher Ultimate, MasterLine K-Palm, Straight Line Classic, or Straight Line Silicone. Personally, I use the Clincher Ultimate. No forearm fatigue even with extended sets. Also, make sure you have a good handle and line. If your line has too much stretch - it will pull out of your hands just as you are getting up. It recoils.

Whatever foot you have forward, that palm is down and the other palm is up. It will assist in balancing out your off-side cut.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-05-2006, 10:49 AM Reply   
Have you tried the gym?
Old     (sky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-05-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
do you mean have I worked out my forearms? If so yes. I work out quite regularly I can bench 350 pounds and have been able to preacher curl 110 for 20 repetitions. However, I will admit that the reason I can't do that 21st repetition is because of forearm pain as opposed to bicep pain. My forearms are definitely my weakest body part.
Karl De Looff (thanks for the suggestions, I try them)
Old     (jzd)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-05-2006, 3:06 PM Reply   
You should notice a huge difference with gloves.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-25-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
Just bought some connelly gloves with the new 3M griptile stuff on them, HOLY COW!!! what a huge diff in forearm fatigue. Also, try a larger diameter handle. Overtons has one that is their house brand (gladiator) with a mainline for $50. Def worth the extra $$
Old     (klpnautique)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-26-2006, 9:57 PM Reply   
"Whatever foot you have forward, that palm is down and the other palm is up. It will assist in balancing out your off-side cut."

Not to be a jerk, but is this right? If so, no wonder I have been having problems for 21 years....