Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old    alanp            08-19-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
if any of you guys are looking for a product to help with your water spots try kaboom. you can pick it up at walmart for about 3 bucks a bottle. works excellently!!!!! i sprayed a little on, rubbed it around with my hand. hosed it off, then towel dried the area. very pleased with the results. fyi i use vinegar and water routinely after taking the boat out and still had a ton of spots that i couldnt get out. this took care of them
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-19-2007, 6:40 PM Reply   
Is it bad for the gel coat?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-19-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
Isnt the Kaboom the stuff the anoying Oxi Clean dude pushes? I saw a add for it where he was using Kaboom to clean drive way's ect.

Alan do you wax your boat? Im wondering if that would help with your spot's. I bet this Kaboom will strip wax. So no use waxing you boat if you have to use stron cleanes like this to take water spots off.
Old    alanp            08-19-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
i no longer wax my boat because i have full cover (covers the sides). im sure this stuff would strip the wax off of a boat though. for those of you that wax, maybe use this once in a while before waxing.

dont know if its bad for the gel coat. it says it can be used for many things so i think its pretty mild.

i dont know if its the same dude as oxy clean i just remember seeing some commercials for the stuff and thought id try it.
Old    alanp            08-19-2007, 8:30 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-20-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
Yeah I'm sure it strips the wax off, but if you know you're going to wax right after, it looks like it does a great job!!

Probably much faster than a clay bar too!!
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-20-2007, 8:51 AM Reply   
You know it is funny you started this thread. A few months back i mentioned it. IT IS AWSOME..... i have used it for over 6 years now. I clean my boat, dry it off, go around and spray minimal to area and wipe off with a clean cloth. IT WILL STRIP WAX. After detailing i will use meguires spray detailer to put the finishing shine on. I wax it once a month with 3M butter wax or ZEON wax. I keep it on my boat when we go on trip to help clean it at the end of the day.