Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Waterskiing

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-25-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
I picked up a EP FX 200 off ebay for all you old schoolers out there.

I need to find high wraps for the front and rear though.

Any idea on where I may get some to fit. Wileys maybe?

I dont think EP is in business anymore.

Thanks!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-28-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
i guess this is why it's called wakeworld and not skiworld
Old     (tacosupreme)      Join Date: May 2003       08-28-2006, 12:11 PM Reply   
Nice! We still have one of those on our rack. I know people that still swear by that ski. Wileys would be my first guess. It's so old I don't know about the hole pattern for the bindings.

We put an O'Brien Contact front binding on ours. I don't know how much I would recommend it but since it's not machine screws we just drilled new holes right into the deck. It's been like that for 2 years now and still going strong.
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-28-2006, 12:22 PM Reply   
You might not be able to find bindings that will fit the hole pattern on there currently. My mom has an old FX200 that I refinished for her last year. Does it have the adjustable front boot with the wing nuts for adjustment? If so those are molded into the ski. I ended up cutting them off and grinding them down with my dremel. Then I just mounted new bindings drilling new holes. It isn't necessary to drill a pilot hole. Just use something like a #10 sheet metal screw use a cordless drill (just tighten the last few turns by hand as to not strip it). I put on an Obrien contact front and a Connelly rear toe plate and it has been working well. Good luck.
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-28-2006, 12:27 PM Reply   
What the...I started writing this and come back and you post Trev?

You didn't do crap I did all the work...
Slipknot what made you decide on the ol EP? Skis have advanced quite a bit since its day.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-29-2006, 8:08 AM Reply   
I used to ride the FX 200 when I was in High School down in FL. It was the ski to have in like '85. It was my step up from the Obrien Competitor. Another awesome ski. I was in my local shop yesterday and they had this HO system 8 with boots that msrp was like 1400, I tripped. I looked at some new HO ski bindings there and thye might fit, I just need to take it in. I just sold my HO Mach 1 and said I wanted another FX 200 and found a mint one on ebay. It has a front boot and rear toe. Thanks for the info. I will check Wileys and give them width to decide on what I may need.
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-29-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
I admit that ski was definitely pimp in its day. It's a shame EP couldn't stick around, they made some nice stuff. I don't think width wise you will have any problem with most manufacturers. If you go with Wiley’s, the general consensus is to get the trick plate because it has more support.