Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old    abadsvt            07-15-2006, 5:46 PM Reply   
Hello all i will be getting my new boat (07 X1) at the end of august so that only leaves me a month or two of warm-hot weather. I live here in Atascadero but never really been out to Naci after Labor Day. How long does the water stay warm? How long do you all ride until? Should i start looking into wetsuits? After labor day do people start parking there boats for the summer or does it just depend on the weather? It sucks getting my boat near the end of the season but i guess i will have a head start for next season
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-15-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
The water will be warm up till earley oct.
That lake will peak out in late august and the water temp will be in the low 80's.
Old    abadsvt            07-15-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
So i am not screwed for this season is what your saying.
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-15-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
Yep! You will be just fine. If you plan to ride into mid or late oct then you may want to pick up a spring suit for the early morning riding.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-15-2006, 9:00 PM Reply   
Naci is best between Labor Day and Memorial Day.

Go to Walmart in Paso and get a spring for 50 bucks then one of the surf shops for a nice full 3 or 4-3. It's all about all year on the Central Coast.

You'll be in heaven!

No worries.
Old    abadsvt            07-15-2006, 9:35 PM Reply   
Thanks Guys!!! When i get my boat i am always looking for some boarders to roll with. All of us Naci guys should meet up for labor day!
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-16-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
How about we meet up after labor day, sans yahoos.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       07-17-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
I have been there on Halloween weekends a couple different years...trunkin' it. I don't remember being too cold?

Skip the wetsuit....get a drysuit.
Old     (denjoe)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-17-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
Drysuit baby, that is the only way to go. I end up getting more riding on better water in the off season than I do in the summer.

Wakeboarding is a year round sport in Cali!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-17-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
Josh, I live in SLO and we ride Naci all year round. If you need an extra rider I've got a drysuit that seems to fit most people. Honestly we ride until November trunking it.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-17-2006, 12:58 PM Reply   
Hey guys I'll be in SLO this weekend.

Anyone wanna ride on Friday?

Josh? Heavy?
Old    abadsvt            07-17-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
Hey Derby i would of love to ride Friday but last night i sprained my ankle playing soccer. Next time hit me up though!

What is the differnce between a dry suit and wet suit? How much do they cost?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-17-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
Well as the names imply a wetsuit allows water in but keeps it warmer than straight trunkin it. A drysuit keeps you dry and you can wear sweat pants and a fleece underneath to stay toasty.

I'll be up all weekend mooching rides. If I had a boat Derby I'd offer you a spot.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-17-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
Josh what the hell are you playing soccer for? DOnt you know its dangerous?

You want to ride Friday morning Heavy? We need a third. I'm leaving my boat here but my buddy has a MC somthin or rather. It should be a early one so we can hit up the show at Avila.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-17-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
You gonna see Pepper & 311? Thats gonna be sick! No, unfortunately I have to work all day Friday. I'll be jetting up to Nac that afternoon though.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-17-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
I didnt know who has playing. Pepper? 311 ughh!!!

Hey but its Avila worst case scenereo...Ricks and Tricks...off the pier that is. I got a bad case of ______ with the other tricks out a Ricks.

TOo much info I know!

I'll be around all weekend into Monday. Keep an eye out for a guy with more hardware on the right arm then on the feet.

Derby OUt!
Old     (kevin_garduno)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-17-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
Derby be careful offering Heavy rides, he'll steal all of your women. I've seen it, it's gross.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-17-2006, 8:47 PM Reply   
Considering he would be the third, he can have Brent if he wants him. He may want to ask Brent first though.