Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Waterskiing

Old     (ks_cowboy)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-15-2004, 2:51 PM Reply   
Hi guys my little sister is becoming a good slalom skier, and is now ready to move up to a good ski instead of the family skis we all learned on. She is about 5'2" and 115lbs and very athletic. We are just looking for some help on what size and kind of ski to get. She is just a recreational skier with no plans to compete as of now.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-16-2004, 6:10 AM Reply   
I am a KD dealer. This is what I did. My daugher is on a KD 3000. It is a soft flex ski that works with females quite well. KD also makes the Xenon, which is a female specific ski with cooler graphics. Either one will get her to 22 off without problems and will be forgiving enough so she can learn the basics very well.

Other manufacturers have similar products, I can only tell you about what I know.

rider@boarditup.com
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       06-16-2004, 6:51 PM Reply   
Ross,

Try Xtreme Marine in KC. They carry HO products. HO has a couple skis that would work well for her. The KDs Karl mentioned are also good skis. I would encourage her to go into a shop and demo some skis. You may get a little better price online, but often people buy totally on price and end up with a ski they hate. Go into a shop and get professional advice like Karl gave. A lot of different manufacturers have started making better performing skis in the under 63" categories.
Old     (ks_cowboy)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-27-2004, 7:02 PM Reply   
Thanks for your help that will get us started looking