Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-15-2009, 12:12 PM Reply   
Just recovering from Brostock this morning, but I wanted to get up some quick and dirty video for you. We should have some better quality stuff later this week. The results are as follows...

1. Danny Harf
2. Bob Soven (second attempt)
3. James Balzer
4. Chris O'Shea (two falls)

Bob Soven was boosting his nines soooo big all weekend causing jaws to drop. The finals nine didn't do him justice, so I'm including his semifinal 9.

Also, notable was Jeff Weatherall's snowboard style in the semis. Jeff put a board with a binding on the front and nothing but wax on the back half, along with one shoe, in the boat when he went out for his finals run. After he hit his first trick, he switched out his normal board for this set up and nearly pulled it off.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-15-2009, 12:20 PM Reply   
After my first run through about 700 photos, here are a few of my favorites...

This bird learned the hard way not to mess with the Sentra when it's heading towards Brostock at a top speed of 54 mph!
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Watson
Upload

Malinoski (no enthusiasm), LaRiche and Webb
Upload

Amber Wing sportin' a stamp
Upload

Beer pong
Upload

Krazywake's Blaine getting the shot for WakeWorld readers!
Upload

Riders' meeting
Upload

Semifinal bracket (by Don Wallace)
Upload

Harf
Upload

Watkins
Upload

Harley Clifford
Upload

Shelby with a camera that weighs more than her
Upload

Collin grabbing with his handle hand
Upload
Upload
Ruck
Upload

Watkins
Upload

Amber boosting!
Upload
Upload

Many wakeskaters were caught strappin' for the double up comp. James Balzer made it all the way to the finals and Aaron Reed got knocked out early by the Soven brothers despite this 720.
Upload

Ennen readies for his battle with Shane Bonifay
Upload

Webb
Upload

Thomas...beer run
Upload

Randall landed a couple of double ups despite a fractured hand. He had removed the cast earlier so that he could compete.
Upload
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-15-2009, 12:25 PM Reply   
Mr. Williams,
Are you privy to any of the information regarding the permit process of Brostock? From what I am told it almost didn't happen this year and probably won't next year. The trash left behind was crazy last year and they warned everyone about it this year.... I was also told that a lot of people decided to make the beach their own personal toilet...

Beaches were a mess last year due to lack of regulation/staff/facilities. It caused the NPS to make additional demands on the organizers and the approval of the permit came late due to the disagreements between the two sides.

Can you expand on some of these issues. It seems like this forum would be a great place to get out the word to other wakeboarders about leaving it the way they found it and leaving a good image of wakeboarders behind in peoples mind, not a drunken beer fest where we trash the national park and go to the bathroom on the beach...
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-15-2009, 12:56 PM Reply   
One thing that was noticeably different this year is that Liquid Force sprung (quite a bit of cash if what I'm told is correct) to have a barge full of bathrooms brought out for the event. They are also in communication with the groups that were complaining about trash last year and doing everything they can to pacify them.

From what I saw, the area around Brostock stayed pretty clean. I took a long hike up a hill to find a cell signal and picked up trash along the way, but I only ended up with a Corona bottle and two D-cell batteries.

I know that the announcers were giving away prizes to the people that could come up with the biggest bag of trash from cleaning up the beach. Not sure how that went, but I thought it was a good idea.

Probably the biggest producer of trash was the helicopter that was constantly landing and taking off. Every time it would land I would watch trash blow off the houseboats and into the water. It's cool that they were giving free helicopter rides, but it might be a good idea to do it further from the rest of the houseboats next time.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-15-2009, 4:57 PM Reply   
Cool thanks!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-15-2009, 6:00 PM Reply   
I thought it was very kool that they got the barge with the bathrooms. there was a truck to suck them out and clean them up on the barge too and a camper for the guy employed to live with the $#&!. a couple of fire-men were on duty for the contests, i think more for medical emergency than fire.

Another problem with the helicopter rides was when they took up some folks to jump out of the thing into the water. i did not see it myself but heard about it and also heard that they got caught doing it and the pilot was sent to jail, but was bailed and came back out to the event.

drinking and partying was pretty crazy in general, but this coming from a guy that doesn't do that stuff. park service was probably asking 100% of people they pulled over if they had anything to drink. they pulled over a good few including myself for following too close behind another vessel... but i think they wanted to look at my dad's giant 4 seater waverunner as they commented about it allot and just gave me a casual warning

Loud music played late was a complaint before that i think was failed again this year. music was not shut off when it was supposed to be (10 10:30) and was jamming almost til the early A.M. which made it difficult to sleep even from the further distance that my family and i camped across the water. I am not sure if they did a better job of NOT disturbing the peace in the late hours on Saturday as i left before then.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-15-2009, 8:29 PM Reply   
Upload
is that blood on the seadoo?? looks like they took out a deer on that thing! maybe that is why Rusty is upset?
Old    septicwaters            06-15-2009, 8:34 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       06-16-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
Here are a ton more pics from Joe with wakeutah.com http://www.overboardphotography.com/gallery/8568916_oLdCA#564777244_qX2Uc
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-16-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
I like the COMPANY copter! YEEAAHHH!
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-16-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
Anyone know if Parks was there?!?!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-16-2009, 9:54 AM Reply   
whose that rockin the beer bong? thats pretty awesome. sounds right up my alley. somehow before every double up comp i ride i find myself in a similar situation
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-16-2009, 1:25 PM Reply   
Looks like Amber Wing.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-16-2009, 2:34 PM Reply   
>>Malinoski (no enthusiasm), LaRiche and Webb<<

Rusty looks upset because he is giving & not recieving.... LOL
Old    benj_t            06-16-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
The beer bong is Melissa Marquardt, and Parks was not there. It was a great time.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-16-2009, 3:53 PM Reply   
it is weird that it is a Supra event an there are no Supra men there. Looks like fun.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-16-2009, 4:22 PM Reply   
Wow i wouldnt be suprised if Bob Soven lands a 1080 anytime soon
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-16-2009, 5:06 PM Reply   
I heard that YOU(Dave Williams) didnt do the actual filming?????????? hahahaha
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-16-2009, 5:44 PM Reply   
Damn Dave, I should have hooked up with ya and did more drinking then. Bro Stock 2010 with no pics just memories!

I looked for anything that said WW and I only seen a couple of jersey's. Where did you camp Mr. Williams?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-16-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   

quote:

By M-Dizzle (liquidmx) on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 4:38 pm:

Wow, I wonder how much revenue Brostock brings Powell...probably a sizeable chunk. It may be time for a location change if the parks department wants to get their panties in a bunch about some free promotion through pictures.

From what I understand Liquid Force was required to pay very sizeable fee in order to have it at Lake Powell this year (in order to get the permit). Based on what I am told by two different members from the NPS the event will not be held at Powell next year because this year to many people did this:

Upload

instead of using one of these:
Upload

The trash left on shore was pretty bad once again also...

Maybe you should threaten these people, The Trash Tracker volunteers about not coming back... but they might hold you to it!

Upload
Upload
The Trash Trackers cleaning up after last years Brostock...

Forgive me for my rant... it's just frustrating that the NPS is talking about banning wakeboarding at the lake. From what I am told it could very easily be done by a simple change in enforcement to the no flying towed objects from boat rule. When you wakeboard the main object could very easily be deemed as the intent to get airborne! With everything going on we don't need this type of image being displayed!
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-16-2009, 6:16 PM Reply   
I agree that is a poor way to treat a beautiful place. What's even more frustrating is that LF KNEW about the issues and complaints coming into this year's event and still dropped the ball on the cleanup (from what you are saying as I was not there to witness it). You would think LF would have planned for a proper cleanup considering the rumor mill was suggesting a cancellation in 2009.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-16-2009, 8:56 PM Reply   
You know for the most part I seen a ton of people put a foot forward to pick up some trash. I myself had to go back to my boat every time for a cocktail and always picked up a couple of things on the way. There were quite of few people on the last day with trash bags and hell I think the LF boats had a contest for the biggest bag of trash to win a Bro Stock prize. I hope it's there next year and don't for see wakeboarding banned from the lake. Great pics though Sam, makes people wonder how many people don't give a F!

I'll say it again... Bro Stock 09 was off the hook!
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-16-2009, 9:58 PM Reply   
I know that they are considering a venue change for brostock next year due to the problems that LF has been having with the NPS. That being said I saw some of the LF crew on the beach with trash bags on Sunday morning as I was pulling my houseboat out and heading back to the marina. This includes employees and riders. I never saw a rider or an employee of any wake company leave trash anywhere this weekend, in fact they were always picking it up. Sorry to say, it was the drunk fans and patrons who were not.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-17-2009, 6:47 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear the NPS is being so difficult David! that really does suck. they made no effort to tell people at Bro-Stock it sounds. do you (all) suppose that others are suffering this fate, like fuel tv too for example. if so that is a HUGE Bummer and a HUGE waste of money and time. i'd call it a tactic or an attack from NPS if they truly waited till after the event to warn anyone

Lake powell seems to be the "big brother" and an example for other parks (as i am sure all are to each other to an extent) a bad mark at powell is likely a bad mark at any park for Bro-stock.

I also don't see wakeboarding being banned or prohibited. but organized events of any kinds might suffer and therefore wakeboarding immage in the eyes of these other event holders... as they might blame wakeboarders for ruining their fun like we blame the kite-tube for ruining the fun for kite-boarders and para-sailers on lakes

(Message edited by wakerider111 on June 16, 2009)

(Message edited by wakerider111 on June 16, 2009)
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-17-2009, 6:58 AM Reply   
I think Brostock attendees should volunteer for a Trash-Tracker trip. I will post the info when I find it.
Old     (tomfish)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-17-2009, 8:02 AM Reply   
is this legal to post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LLoWJXvzuk
Old     (cccbuilders)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-17-2009, 8:04 AM Reply   
is this legal to post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LLoWJXvzuk
Old     (cccbuilders)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-17-2009, 8:05 AM Reply   
We camped in tents there and used bathrooms and picked up all our trash. Every time we went to the marina we took a load of trash. When we left the site around us was clean. I saw many people walking around with trash bags. I did not see it on Monday does anyone know the real story or are all negative comenters just ranting about last year? If it really was left trashed that is lame.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-17-2009, 8:08 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2009, 8:24 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-17-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
No pics of the pilot being led away in handcuffs after that stunt? :-)
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-17-2009, 9:15 AM Reply   
So, is there anyone else who wasn't actually there that would like to tell us what went down?

That photo of Melissa with the beer-bong is all time. Haha

(Message edited by pyrosmurf on June 17, 2009)
Old     (tomfish)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-17-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
You guys know it's just a way to get the wake crowd and brostock out of Powell. It's too bad a few inconsiderate people may have ruined it for everyone who enjoys brostock and Powell. What a beautiful place to hold a contest.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-17-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
Nice job Company Wake... way to represent wakeboarding... I know that Jeremy has more money than brains so he won't mind the fine, but what about losing his pilots license and insurance. From what I understand the pictures have already been sent to the FAA! Nice job fool!
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-17-2009, 9:32 AM Reply   
Sam repeat after me. The glass is half full, 100 times.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-17-2009, 9:32 AM Reply   
i want to drop from the helicopter...ever since i saw that in pre-pop i've wanted to do that...
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-17-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
Even though the helicopter was annoying to an extent, he let the Alliance boys film a little with the door open and the guys hanging out strapped to a harness. Can't wait to see those shots.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-17-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
I said it 100 times Tom and nothing happened...

Sorry dude I can't help it, the two guys I talk with at NPS (one is my brother-in-law) are reading all this crap about them and are laughing.

It's the NPS who are trying to protect the lake from the muscles... have you been to Lake Mead lately? They do a good job. Without them who would you call when you are in trouble on the lake?

I just think it is a shame that just because some cool dudes thinks it cool to screw around that all of us will have to suffer. We have to teach these clowns not to pull this stuff when representing wakeboarding and to save this stuff for home! Everyone that went to Brostock represents wakeboarding.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-17-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
Well said Sam, we are just visitors to the park. Just because people pay the $15 gate fee doesn't give them the right to be irresponsible. Maybe this will be a wake up call.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-17-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
Are any of you surprised by the actions of the NPS?? This has been an ongoing battle for wake events from day one. Wakestock has had these issues since 1997. Brostock is no different. "True DAT"

IMO they should change the name of event's that have STOCK in them. WakeSTOCK, BroSTOCK, BoardSTOCK HAVE ALL HAD PROBLEMS.
It's not the people or the trash it's the "STOCK" that's causing all the problems. Trust me ad the word STOCK to the PWT tour and watch what happen's

You can't account for all the stupid-ness of all people. A few doushe's can make a ton of mess and give a event a bad name no matter how much Securty/Trash patrol you have. Look at events like Burning man. Most of all the money you spend for a ticket to go's back into the event for picking up and smoothing things over after thousands of people have left and are at home recovering. Most people don't realize when the events over for you the promoter still has lots of work to do. It's funny the more people that look at a event/party the more things they can find wrong with it LOL. Im sure it was great time, looks like a fun event. Hopefully they can have another one I would like to go and rock it sometime
Old     (tomfish)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-17-2009, 1:29 PM Reply   
I just recieved this link in my email:

Helicopter Pilot Arrested

Third article down...

I think he is in trouble now... FAA and NTSB are doing investigations...

Brostock 2009 Helicopter Video
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-17-2009, 1:56 PM Reply   
The story they give is a JOKE! 20 - 25 swimmers and 100 people on shore, well look at the pic above with the riders jumping out and you don't see anybody in the water (except who jumped) and nobody on the shore. The house boats were well away from where he was. The guy is a really good pilot, not only did I fly with him but watching him film the DU contest and flying sideways and keeping the camera on the action all the time. The park hates him, that's the truth of it. Thanks for posting the story Sam.
Old     (skinnyj)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-17-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
other than hovering and letting people jump out he did not seem to be doing anything unsafe IMHO. And he was pretty far from people and boats overall.

Keep in mind nobody said anything bad about the NPS other than they know how to spend money but not generate it. I don't think you will find one person that is not happy with the service they provide. Don't spin it.
Also I feel that events like this that happen all over (not just wakeboarding) should have some sort of cleanup clause in the permit fee. Like a deposit if it is left dirty. Then the deposit money can be spent to clean up after the ones that don't. Large groups of people make waste anywhere. Maybe we should just ban large gatherings of all kinds everywhere, along with having fun, beer drinking, and especially keg taps on boats, and helicopters for sure!!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-17-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
He has crashed at Powell before, so I really don't know about the good pilot thing:

"A helicopter tipped over and crashed onto a Lake Powell houseboat Tuesday morning when the pilot failed to untether the aircraft before attempting to take off, park rangers said.

No one suffered serious injuries."

This was a different helicopter but it was the same pilot...

(Message edited by wakeboardsam on June 17, 2009)
Old     (mitch35)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-17-2009, 4:10 PM Reply   
I agree with Grant. The "STOCK" name has gotta go.

Don't get me wrong...I do appreciate the things NPS does for us, but they are a very difficult group to work with (if not impossible).

And just think...the NPS thought they have it bad with a few wakeboarders...pic taken after Obama's inauguration. I couldn't imagine cleaning this mess up.

Upload

(Message edited by skinnyj on June 17, 2009)
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-17-2009, 4:41 PM Reply   
Tom ~~ Who had the keg, they were a bunch of really cool people. I drank their Friday night till the boat went to bed. Last thing I remember some dudes lady brought a mattress and had him blow it up at like 4am or so .

Sam ~~ Here nor there I flew with and watched this guy, he's got skills!

I'm ready for Bro Stock 2010
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-17-2009, 5:43 PM Reply   
Sam- Do you just sit around and read and pass on nothing but negative comments or stories ? I think you are sending all this information to the NPS HaHaHa

Wasnt there photos posted last year ? why was nothing said about those ? also does anyone know of the other sites that had the photos from last year besides wakeworld and Krazy*&Ke.com ( dont want the NPS coming after them haha but seriously anybody else have stuff from last year?

(Message edited by mitch35 on June 17, 2009)
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-17-2009, 6:01 PM Reply   
Yo Mitchell,
Since my brother-in-law works for NPS in Page, AZ I get filled in about what goes on up at the lake on a regular basis. I get a little "concerned" when he starts telling me that they are considering banning wakeboarding at the lake. He said that the the Brostock event was a major pain in the butt last year and that the Trash Tracker crew had to clean everything up. My brother-in-law was one of the guys that coordinated the trash trackers last year. More important though is the fact that he told me that the NPS would not allow Brostock to happen again if any problems happened around this year’s event. In addition to the usual trash left behind and fireworks this year someone also busted out the tank on one of the floating porta-jons which dumped everything into the lake. Several people with boats and trailers from Nevada and Salt Lake were also a major problem by trying to go around a mandatory mussel decontamination area because "they didn't think it was necessary". At least two of these cars were reportedly there, at the lake, for Brostock.

All in all, I get a little peeved when some idiots actions end up resulting in more negative views of wakeboarding at Powell and when a major event like Brostock potentially gets cancelled because of stupidity.

I don't know anything about the picture thing. My brother-in-law didn't know anything either, in fact he said it sounded like BS to him.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-17-2009, 8:44 PM Reply   
David,
This is what my brother-in-law just sent me:

Commercial Photography Filming Permit

He said that he has never heard of this being enforced on someone for use on their website and that is usually only enforced for Hollywood types filming movies. Apparently several years ago a movie crew had an accident and someone tried to sue the NPS. They now require insurance and a bunch of other mumbo-jumbo...

If the dude in the helicopter filmed anything like what is said above he had to post a $25,000 performance deposit! OUCH!!

(Message edited by wakeboardsam on June 17, 2009)
Old     (cccbuilders)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-17-2009, 9:01 PM Reply   
Instead of more porta pottis or paying more staff to clean up after the idiots, I say set up surveillance cameras, hire local police officers, and bring a floating jail. Everyone caught violating the rules of the lake gets put in the jail. You pay $1000 to get out. No money, then you get to clean the beach and empty port pottis as your fine. The money collected goes directly to paying for more officers next year.

You can not cure stupid. But you can fine the hell out of it and feel better.
Old     (tomfish)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-18-2009, 8:17 AM Reply   
Will somebody PM me when more photo's post up please!

This thread can go on and on but I thought the title said "Bro Stock Video's and Photo's!" Start a Bro Stock hate thread or post some S#!t up!
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-18-2009, 8:32 AM Reply   
ummmm yup ^^^^
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-18-2009, 8:33 AM Reply   
sam you keep talking about last year. Do you know for sure that is was left trashed this year? I doubt it.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-18-2009, 8:34 AM Reply   

quote:

By tom fischer (tomfish) on Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 8:17 am:

sam you keep talking about last year. Do you know for sure that is was left trashed this year? I doubt it.

Tom,
From what I am told the majority of the problem in the area on shore around this years event was human feces. The majority of trash was picked up, with the exception of a deflated black and white liquid force floating island, two broken easy-ups, a broken CWB wakeboard, several fuel bottles, and several full trash bags of cans. That is exactly what is on the NPS incident report.
Old     (buddy210)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-18-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
I think I should make it clear that I am not complaining about the event, I enjoyed the event. I'm just a little peeved at the idiots.

(Message edited by wakeboardsam on June 18, 2009)
Old     (vlxwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-18-2009, 6:19 PM Reply   
"From what I am told the majority of the problem in the area on shore around this years event was human feces"

Blame it on wild animals :-)
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-18-2009, 8:54 PM Reply   
Some good news...I found this on the lake powell water data website.

"I spoke with the NPS person in charge of monitoring the Brostock event this morning and received good news. According to the NPS, the area in Warm Creek Bay where the event was staged was left in great condition. In addition, the organizers patrolled the beach after the event to clean-up any waste left behind and they are continuing that effort into today (Monday).

This is good news for the image of the wakeboard community, Lake Powell, and the city of Page. Aparently requiring the organizers to post a clean-up bond and requiring them to pay for NPS monitoring had the desired effect!

The only negative was the fact that a number of citiations were issued for "Driving while intoxicated" on the water, but you could probably expect that just about any weekend of the season."
Old     (mitch35)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-18-2009, 8:56 PM Reply   
Haha that picture of Ruck looks like he was in prime form. Stoned to the bone.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-18-2009, 10:16 PM Reply   
anyone want to sell their brostock sunglasses? pm me :-D
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-19-2009, 8:45 AM Reply   
See it was CLEAN this year so SHUT IT !!! Post some PICS !!!! HaHa blame it on the animals hahaha
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-20-2009, 12:56 PM Reply   
about to get flamed....But if thats how every one at Brostock treats The G.C.N.R.A. Then it can be held else where.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-20-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   

quote:

By mitchell (mitch35) on Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 8:56 pm:

See it was CLEAN this year so SHUT IT !!! Post some PICS !!!! HaHa blame it on the animals hahaha

Hey Mitchell,
Just thought I would let you know that the above post says Monday. The information that I received was from a report that was filed on Wednesday afternoon...
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-20-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
How can the report for Monday be good and then for Wednesday no good.

Did people stay after then event was over for a couple days?

Cant really blame Brostock if when Brostock was over the area was cleaned up.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-20-2009, 9:47 PM Reply   
^^^ agreed if that is the case then BRO-Stock has/had nothing to do with it

good to see the vids and pics back by the way. thank you Dave and to anyone else involved in that recovery

(Message edited by wakerider111 on June 20, 2009)
Old     (mitch35)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-20-2009, 10:52 PM Reply   
Yahh ! for Pictures hahaha
Old     (lildave)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-21-2009, 12:37 PM Reply   
holy crap that is a nice houseboat...

Wonder how much that one costs?
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-21-2009, 3:13 PM Reply   

quote:

By Jeff (innov8) on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 2:00 pm:

How can the report for Monday be good and then for Wednesday no good.

Did people stay after then event was over for a couple days?

Cant really blame Brostock if when Brostock was over the area was cleaned up.

Ha, ha, ha!! You definitely don't know how things in the government work. If a report was turned in on Monday then that means it was probably done on last Thursday!!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-22-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
"holy crap that is a nice houseboat...

Wonder how much that one costs?"

I saw that on a travel channel show about houseboats. They said it was 2mm(if I remember correctly).
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-22-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
i think it is 2.3 million (i fueled it a couple times years ago working at powell)
and i heard the helicopter was 5 million from another person at bro-stock
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-22-2009, 1:02 PM Reply   
I doubt the helicopter is $5 million. That is a 2007 Eurocopter EC 130 B4. They sell for about $2.5 million or less used all day long.

I think the houseboat is a Skipperliner and is a one off custom based off a 7500 Millennium series Big Dog.

Many people confuse that houseboat with En Fuego which is only a 7100 Millennium series.. or maybe I have switched, I can't remember.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-23-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
Trash Trackers Volunteer!
Old     (mitch35)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-24-2009, 11:19 AM Reply   
sam are you a teacher or a critic ? because it seems like you are more than happy to either criticize or correct people on here ? seriously , relax!
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-24-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   

quote:

sam are you a teacher or a critic ? because it seems like you are more than happy to either criticize or correct people on here ? seriously , relax!

Exactly. Don't mention any topics about WetSounds otherwise he might get his panties in a bunch.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-24-2009, 4:56 PM Reply   
Mitchell and MattG,
Way to attack me for no reason. I guess you guys are always right on track with your posts and that they are highly sought after by the wakeworld community. I'll run my posts through you guys before I post anything from now on...