Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Ron1xNautique            02-05-2011, 3:47 PM Reply   
Wakeboarding is obviously something all of us have a complete obsession with and for good reason. Those of us who spend alot of time on these forums need to keep in mind that they were intended to be used as a means to help each other out and share our part in wakeboarding and a majority of us myself included are doing wakeworld etc wrongly. Whether it's a good thought on how to improve an aspect of wake that was not carried out the right way on a thread that offended someone or someone simply going out of they're way to go against the grain and piss someone off. It shouldn't be an issue, these "can of worms" threads don't go anywhere and it's hard for anyone to keep from stating they're opinion whether right or wrong and eventually the whole point in someones post is lost in "get bent" replies...All I'm saying is we should keep in mind what kind of outcome a post is going to have BEFORE we post it. Hopefully this will help us get back to posting things that will have a positive effect instead of being a pissing contest
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-05-2011, 8:54 PM Reply   
Don't be a Dylan!
Old    mojo            02-05-2011, 9:46 PM Reply   
dude, come on. who cares? disagreements are good. it lets you know not everyone thinks the same as you do.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-05-2011, 10:11 PM Reply   
I agree with Shaun, we need to focus here people!

With that in mind, let us commence with a new and fully picture packed 'Boat Bun' thread for the 2011 year that lives long and gives hope to everyone!!!
Old     (SafetyMike)      Join Date: Nov 2010       02-05-2011, 11:47 PM Reply   
Shaun you complaining about people complaining or am i getting the wrong message from this post?
Old    Ron1xNautique            02-06-2011, 1:29 AM Reply   
All I was getting at the last couple days is that I don't like the way a good portion of people act towards those who are new to the sport, idk I obviously got on a rant about it or got sidetracked so for anyone that thought I should keep that to myself..sorry?

Last edited by Ron1xNautique; 02-06-2011 at 1:36 AM.
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-06-2011, 7:51 AM Reply   
Just blame it on the economy. Keeps everyone on edge these days.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-06-2011, 9:01 AM Reply   
"Ain't going to be much wakeboarding if this keeps up."
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       02-17-2011, 2:06 PM Reply   
@Jeremy,
Quote:
Ain't going to be much wakeboarding if this keeps up.
I Love it!
\;-)
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-17-2011, 5:03 PM Reply   
I think so.
Attached Images

Old     (mikejones)      Join Date: Jun 2009       02-18-2011, 7:24 AM Reply   
well said shaun. part of what keeps me from being an avid poster on this site is much of what you mention. I wish it were different, cause my other options for wake forums are either filled with skiers, or boat mfg discussions along. PS - Best wake forum ever... learnwake.com. yes, its not free, but its constructive, open, honest, and polite discussions. always. not to mention the coaching.
Old     (imx)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-18-2011, 1:14 PM Reply   
Shaun, oh hang on a minute.......(insert sounds of considering this post outcome).......outcome consideration complete,,,,,,,,,,,What a load of bollox.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-18-2011, 3:41 PM Reply   
I agree with you Shaun! I post here to help out the wakeboard community as a whole not get ripped apart.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-19-2011, 5:08 PM Reply   
Have a snickers your turning into Betty White LOL now thats funny I dont care who you are! Dude get over it people have different views than you sometimes its ok.its america we are aloud to disagree. I am with Rm on this one.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-19-2011, 5:12 PM Reply   
Uam... Guys, I don't think he's trying to say that we aren't allowed to disagree. He's trying to say that the way that people disagree here is inappropriate. Let's be honest, you wouldn't say have the shiz you say on here to someone in person, because it is often incredibly rude and disrespectful. It's called internet tough guy syndrome and it's caused by being able to hide behind an anonymous ID. I'm guilty of it as well, but that doesn't mean I can justify it.
Old    Ron1xNautique            02-19-2011, 8:15 PM Reply   
^+1
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-20-2011, 10:27 AM Reply   
It's the internet. It puts the "in" in everything. In real life you're sensitive. On the internet you're insensitive.
Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-03-2011, 8:52 AM Reply   
^^^^ Bingo Bango Bongo
Old     (Erik2393)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-03-2011, 9:35 AM Reply   
Well said I definately agree. I've been seeing all of these useless flame threads (cough-cisco-cough) when i really come here to get advice on tricks boards and to check out the cool new vids people throw up. Ha and well said John
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-03-2011, 10:28 AM Reply   
Ha! We just went thru this same discussion on my forum (kneeboardworld.com). The general consensus was that it has to do with the season. Everybody is itchin' to ride, but there's still 2 feet of ice. We're all cranky in the winter and happy in the summer:-)
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-03-2011, 11:32 AM Reply   
http://kneeboardworld.com/

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA