Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (wakebo2169)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-13-2005, 1:10 PM Reply   
So there's a lot of talk about both of these boards. I'm going to buy one within the next few weeks, but performance doesn't have them for demo yet so i'm sort of going to be buying blind. I know i can adapt my riding to the board after a few sets but I'd like get some opinions on both from people who have ridden them. I'm riding a balance without the center fin right now and have ridden a 137 fish alot lately as well so thats what i'm switching off of, and i'm a competant rider, not a beginner or anything. Has anyone ridden either or both of these boards that is a fairly advanced rider? I'm mainly looking for comparisons in speed when on edge, pop, looseness, ease of spinning, and forgiveness when landing. Thanks alot.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-13-2005, 2:02 PM Reply   
from what it sounds the watson is smooth and the shane is faster.....the wastson has the disc hull while the shane has a triple hull....im thinkin im goin w/ the shane....
Old     (rhettb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-15-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
Im trying to decide as well, but Im between the PS3, Shane, and Watson. I do a lot of raley based tricks and take my other inverts into the flats as well, so speed or acceleration into the wake is important to me, as well as soft landings - I ride the substance now, love the pop, but would like something a little faster - I have looked at all the Shane/Watson/PS3 posts, and none of them are really that informing from a more advanced riders perspective - guess it will be demo time before dropping around 5 bills
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-15-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
How are Raleys on the Substance. I am nowhere near attempting but I feel like I get more stright up pop on that board than anything else.
Old     (rhettb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-15-2005, 9:48 AM Reply   
Raleys on the substance are fine. You're right though, you do get more of a straight up pop, but that ends up being a plus for hoochies and such. If you have a good edge, any decent board will be fine for a raley. I just want that little bit of extra speed and acceleration into the wake for peace of mind, and maybe that little bit of extra hang time that separates a decent raley from the jaw dropping ones
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-17-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
the shane sounds like is the fastest of the 3...i am also looking into those 3 boards....but have only demoed the ps3 which is unbelivabley amazing