Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    amcdaniel            03-15-2003, 4:04 PM Reply   
how is this boat?
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-15-2003, 4:18 PM Reply   
What model? how will you use it? etc. etc. If you intend to board with it and ever want to put weight into it the bow will submarine at slow speeds. As a ski only boat it might work for you.
Old    amcdaniel            03-15-2003, 4:32 PM Reply   
SLM2000 and I will be doing both skiing and wakeboarding. How much weight will be neeeded?
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-15-2003, 8:29 PM Reply   
I had a 2001 20i and not sure the difference but the slalom wake was very flat and wake at board speeds was o.k. but to improve and clean it up required weight to be added towards the bow, not a good place to add weight on early tiges. Nearly impossible to drive without taking water over the bow. Gets real old dewatering under the bow cushions. Not such a problem if you get flat water but on congested lakes you will hate power turners worse than Sadam. Oh ya we ran 500# in lead.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-15-2003, 11:01 PM Reply   
I have heard nothing but good things about the wakes of new Tiges. And, the same can not be said for older Tiges. My advice - get a MC/CC/BU, Supra or Sanger.
Old    amcdaniel            03-16-2003, 8:45 AM Reply   
How about if it's a closed bow and we ski and board 95% of the time on a smooth private lake? This particular boat is in perfect cosmetic condition and owned by a guy that works for a Tige dealership, so mechanicly it's well taken care of and only has 500 hrs.
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-16-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
You will prob. be O.K. with 95-5 as this is definetly a ski boat and not a wake boat. Mine drove like a slot car, very precise in steering and throtle control, unlike my new malibu. closed bow will help keep water out of the boat for sure.