Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (chuck_d)      Join Date: May 2006       08-17-2011, 5:47 AM Reply   
Hello,
my name is Chuck and i just moved to Fairfax VA from CA. i had a boat there but sold it for the big move east.
i'm a good wakeboarder, great boat driver, and have cash for gas, and i help clean too.

i have no idea where people wakeboard out here but am looking for some people to go with.

please let me know your schedule or maybe just to chat about the WB scene out here.
thanks
chuck
Old     (supragirl)      Join Date: May 2011       08-17-2011, 5:54 AM Reply   
Hi Chuck,
Welcome to VA. Our home lake is Lake Anna and we are there every weekend. Our family started wakeboarding this year. Send me an PM and maybe we can meet up and we can pull you and get some pointers from an experienced wakeboarder!
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-18-2011, 6:20 AM Reply   
welcome to the area! I moved to VA myself about 2 years ago now. there is a great community of riders at Lake Anna, I am certain you will find a way to get on the water.
Old    alanp            08-22-2011, 7:08 AM Reply   
+1 for lake anna. hit me up on my personal email prsgtrman@yahoo.com i ride on the private side and we can ride well into the fall due to the warm water. im always looking to hook up with other riders. alan
Old     (chuck_d)      Join Date: May 2006       10-19-2011, 5:35 PM Reply   
Hello Alan,
Sorry for the delay in getting abck to you, we just moved again and its been so busy with unpacking and all.
we are settled in now and i wanted to follow up on your response to my need s 3rd post.
I am down for fall riding and have a full suit if needed.
i work some of weekends but get midweek days off too so maybe we can figure out a time.
if not this season , maybe snowboarding, or next season...thanks for the response.
chuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanp View Post
+1 for lake anna. hit me up on my personal email prsgtrman@yahoo.com i ride on the private side and we can ride well into the fall due to the warm water. im always looking to hook up with other riders. alan
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-16-2011, 1:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanp View Post

Not this year due to the Heater getting shut off cause of the Earthquake!!! lol

I live & work on the lake and can help you out!!
Matthew
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-09-2011, 7:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not this year due to the Heater getting shut off cause of the Earthquake!!! lol
yeah, thats a major bummer! i JUST got my new board, i would love to take it for a spin!
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-08-2012, 12:50 PM Reply   
just wanted to keep this fresh, i cant wait to get back on the water. are the reactors back up and running?

Matthew, if you ever have room for more riders let me know. I am going to try and get down to Anna a lot more this year, last year was a bust for me.
Old     (VTWakeboard)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-26-2012, 5:59 PM Reply   
I'm moving up to the area and will be looking to ride a lot. I'm good for gas cleaning and driving. Is there any potential to ride on the Potomac? If been to lake Anna a lot but it would be great to get out and ride closer to home everyday
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       02-28-2012, 5:01 PM Reply   
Jeff, where are you moving to? I have never put my boat in the Potomac. I know that it is not every deep and from what I hear it has areas that are full of rocks. I ride at Lake Anna every weekend just about. Hit me up.
Old     (VTWakeboard)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-28-2012, 7:51 PM Reply   
I'm thinking Arlington but haven't settled on a place yet. I'll be working in sterling though. We need to do some exploring on the Potomac and find a riding spot. Thanks for the offer of a pull at LKA I will defiantly have to take you up on that.
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       02-29-2012, 7:04 AM Reply   
Feel free to email me!
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-29-2012, 2:06 PM Reply   
I no longer live in the area, but have some insight...

Anna and some of the rivers towards Annapolis/southeast really are the best places to ride. Dam's 4 & 5 upriver on the Potomac are really good too, but tough to get to after work (better be on 270 by 2pm). There is a private lake or two in the Fairfax area, but it'll be even tougher to get on them.

The Potomac in DC can be decent from about 6am-8/9am when you're the only boat out there (better on weekdays). Between the bridges (in front of the monuments) and just south of the 395 bridge are really the only places to ride until you get way south of Alexandria. The Potomac would be epic if the area from Georgetown to 3 sisters wasn't a no wake zone. As far as finding a ride there, unless you know someone who keeps their boat at a marina and can go before work on weekdays, it's not likely to be worth it unless you just want to experience it. If you don't have a boat and want to ride in DC your best bet these days is to hangout at Tony's or Nick & Joe's and introduce yourself if you see any wakeboats (all the boats usually party in this area)...

Good luck guys...
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       02-29-2012, 2:58 PM Reply   
Traffic around here just plan sucks. Rush hour last for around 3 1/2 hours most days. Like sp0tts said, unless you are close to the water I don't think you stand much of a chance. Tie commute from Arlington to Sterling will be at least an hour on a good day. I live south of the city and cummute all around the area daily for work. I know all to well about the crappy traffic patterns would here. When summer gets kickin and the days are long I will bounce early and hook up and head to Anna for evening sets. That is the best!!!!!!!
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-10-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
Spotts, are we going to see you down this way at all this year?

Matthew, I think i spoke to you briefly the other day when I called Wake Anna Surf. I am looking forward to getting down to Anna a lot this year, hopefully I can hitch a ride with you guys sometime.
Old     (Laurenm)      Join Date: May 2012       05-13-2012, 7:00 PM Reply   
Hey guys,

I stumbled upon this thread when I was looking for places to ride in VA. I am moving to Winchester, VA for a summer internship and desperately looking for some people to ride with. I am a wakeboard instructor in southern California (that doesn't mean I am pro, but I am pretty good at instructing) so I don't know how I am going to make it through a whole summer without riding! If you guys have any tips on meeting riders out here or good places to ride please let me know!!
Old     (VTWakeboard)      Join Date: Oct 2011       05-16-2012, 9:53 AM Reply   
I'll be riding claytor lake (south west VA) for the next month and then moving to Richmond and riding lake Anna and the James river. your welcome to ride any time let me know if you want to make the trip