Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-05-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
Im currently selling my old malibu skier and the interior needs to be redone. The first couple quotes have been around 2k, does anyone know any good shops that can do it for around 1k. I don't really see how this is a 2k interior sense its a fairly small boat and not alot of vinyl to be covering.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-05-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
Nate,
To save you money do this first.

Take out all of the panels and seats that need to be replaced by yourself. Alot of the cost for redoing the Vinyl Inerior is spent on Loabor. If you can knock out 10 or so hours of labor by removing all of the panels. Then after they get an idea of what you want it to look like ( if you are going with an exact match to what was previously in it) you do the work of stripping down the old panels to nothing so they can rebuild them right away without them having to tear off the old stuff and remove all of the stapels.

This should save you at least $400-500 .

Also the more you keep it simple ( design wise and number of colors) the cheaper it will be.

Good luck.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-05-2006, 3:03 PM Reply   
Wow , my spelling is bad. Sorry. Maybe I should proof read before pressing enter.!!!!!!
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-05-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
You also need to weigh the cost in with how much you will be able to add on to the price of the boat, It may be hard to get your money back out of an interior redo. I redid my Malibu myself, I kept it simple and functional and probably had about 500 in it and many, many hours. If you can get the pieces off in one piece and let the interior shop use them as a pattern that would probably be pretty helpful. I am with E Double U, doing alot of the work yourself will save you a good bit of money I would imagine. Also, the further into winter you wait, the price may come down as boat shops sometimes hurt for business when it is colder.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-05-2006, 3:28 PM Reply   
I should add, that my boat is for sale currently and even with the tower and new interior I still think that it will be hard to get any more out of my boat than what I have in it.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-05-2006, 4:36 PM Reply   
My problem is I got a buyer and he wants to get the interior redone so were taking that into consideration on the price. I will talk to him about removing all the panels and bringing it to the shop.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-05-2006, 7:40 PM Reply   
My boat is an '86 and had alot of rotten wood in the interior, so that could become a big factor in the price too, I saw that yours is an 89 and it may have been taken care of by previous owners unlike mine.