Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (nechay)      Join Date: May 2005       06-13-2006, 6:44 AM Reply   
Hi all,
need to change indoor between right and left windscreens. We have extended class, but it is inconvenient want to change onto flap door. If somebody have pictures or drawings about the good construcktions of hinges, locks, handles and limiters and just good advices - PLEASE HELP.
Cool wakes for All,
VovaN
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-13-2006, 6:54 AM Reply   
that makes no sense at all
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-13-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
haha, what?!?!
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-13-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
Puff Puff Pass
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-13-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
what? i'm confused!
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-13-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
just quit changing in front of the window.... hahaha! i want a puff too...
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-13-2006, 10:20 AM Reply   
Vlad is from Russia, I doubt english is his first language...

I believe he is talking about the bow pass through cover. Maybe a link to Grant's pass through cover conversion would help?
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-13-2006, 11:44 AM Reply   
I will take a guess at a USA translation:
I believe that he wants to change the door that is between the right and left portions of the windshield, in otherwords the walk through part.

He says that he wants to change it to a "flap", which I am not sure what that is.

a "flap" could be a canvas * vinyl window but the question regarding hinges, locks & handles leads me to believe that it is a hard door, so perhaps a "flap" could be a door that folds down instead of side to side.

I am sorry that I can't offer any advice on changing the style of the door. Vladimir, a picture of your boat would help.

Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-13-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
Hope Grant doesn't mind me posting the link.
Here is his walk-through windblock panel:
http://svtsupercharged.com/gallery/album02

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-13-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
Shout out to Mother Russia, What Up
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-13-2006, 1:34 PM Reply   
Grant you are globally blinging now dude!
Old     (nechay)      Join Date: May 2005       06-14-2006, 6:33 AM Reply   
Ha-Ha You are funny guyes.
O'k I just try to explain. There is windskreen on front part of boat it is made fron glass. But there is a hole also between right and left part which is used as entrance and exit out (see attachment). And producer did a class which required to pull up when enter a boat. But I want new one which will be oppened as simple door. Sorry for my English, hope now it is clear to understand. If not sorry for the time stolen.
VovaN
Old     (nechay)      Join Date: May 2005       06-14-2006, 6:39 AM Reply   
attachmentUpload
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-14-2006, 7:04 AM Reply   
Got to love lanaguage barriers...Windshield - windscreen.

Is that someone being towed under the water behind that boat...That used to be good fun. You don't see too many people sportin' the speedo while driving their boat in the US...at least where I am.

(Message edited by gundogg on June 14, 2006)
Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-14-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
It's the new Jet Pilot Banana Hammock. Available in 10 colors....only one size
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-14-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
Vlad: You are a P.I.M.P. "Straight Ballin"
All you wanna be player's take note This is how a true Mac roll's. Not only does Vlad have the Banana Hammock he has the Banana Boat to go with it. Now put CIE in front of your screen name and you will have it all.
Now for busting your balls how can I help you, What are you trying to make, your attachment never poped up. LOL
Old    mendo247            06-14-2006, 8:23 AM Reply   
LMAO!! Vlad probablly has that dude hancuffed to the handle for trying to pick up on one of his women!!! hes definetly hanging on like a champ..
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-14-2006, 8:24 AM Reply   
Grant - I think the picture of the boat is the attachment Vlad is referring to.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-14-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
We need a fund raiser to send him some Board Shorts -- them damn americans, always pushing their culture into other countries.

I think what he's saying is this; The center windshield retracts down into the boat. He wants to change that so it's a door window, much like all the wakeboard boats.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-14-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
Is that a person?
Upload
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-14-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
yeah, that is what i was referring to...New style anchor...even better than the fortress anchor...
Old     (krit)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-14-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
Looks like he is bodysurfing. It's fun but really messes up your lifejacket - stuffing goes to the bottom pretty much.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-14-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
This is the greatest thread of the year! I can't stop laughing!
Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-14-2006, 12:47 PM Reply   
He's KGB. That's what happens when you don't pay your debt. He's "swimming with the fishies"
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-14-2006, 12:54 PM Reply   
I thought he might be Trollin' for Ladies...Got the right attire on (banana hammock and all).
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-14-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
Vlad,
Please excuse our American way of making fun of things which are different. I would bet that if you could get Grant to ship a couple of hinges you could easily drill a few holes and convert your window to a hinged version. But why? The pop-up window is much cooler.

Please answer the following questions:
1) Why convert the window to a hinged version? Is the existing method done by hand?
2) What type of boat is that? I see a graphic on the side but can't make it out. The mirrors are nice.
3) What type of engine and it's displacment
4) Why are you towing your commrade beneath the water?

Das Vidania

Bruce 'the red' Banner

(Message edited by breadbutta on June 14, 2006)
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-14-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
Dude!!!!! This is the greatest thread ever!!!

I think I saw that dude hang'in out with Kyle Cramm out on Lake Houston.
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       06-14-2006, 3:10 PM Reply   
here are a couple pics of his boat i found in a search. Looks like he painted it. Vlad, i think the windshield looks good as it is. Is there a problem with the way it is?.By the way it looks like it reads avalanche on the side. Is this the new v 165 M. Upload
Upload

(Message edited by michale on June 14, 2006)
Old     (nechay)      Join Date: May 2005       06-14-2006, 9:50 PM Reply   
Reply to Bruce,
1) this is because two doors was lost this way. And very inconvenient to lift.
2) The name Aqualine 170. Mirors are not usefull but only for design.
3) It is mounted Suzuki 150 hp 4 stroke
4) It is the guy with weight about 286 lb and he try to be waterski rider but after several tests to enter on water surface he was not able to climb on the boat.
We have about thre month only to use boat for plesure when the water in lakes is warm enough. And the seson will start in couple of weeks.
So we want to reconstruct windshield soon.
VovaN
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       06-14-2006, 11:03 PM Reply   
I believe the banana hammocks are exclusively for the latest water sport craze in Russia, "Water Draggin". They are specially designed not to come off at higher speeds. So not only are they stylish but highly effective at remaining clothed.
Old     (bobbym)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-14-2006, 11:06 PM Reply   
TORPEDO MAN!
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-15-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
Vlad that was great!
Old    00wakesetter            06-15-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
Did someone call?
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-15-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
Vlad,
Thanks for the reply. I understand you have lost a couple of windows. I think you could take the existing window, trim it and attach it to one side with a couple of stainless steel hinges. you will also need to use a latch on the other side of the window to keep it in place. I think it looks very cool the way it is, You might be able to anchor it down somehow. It also seem that the rider cannot get back in the boat, you need to get a swim step of some type on the back to allow the boarder (or skier) to get in and out of the boat.
I also think that with 150 horse power and a large skier (rider) that he would need a good technique to get up. Use more power and large skis or a wakeboard.

Fellow WW'ers - We have all had someone with previous skiing boarding experience help us out. This guy is doing it with probably no previous experience or help. Although I find this thread incredible humorous, especially with the pictures and 'torpedo man'. The guy is asking for help! Let's help him.

Does anyone remember the WW'er with the name 'Russian'?
Here is the manufacturers website:
The boat is an Aqualine 170 Sport Speed
http://www.aqualineboat.ru/aqualine-170/

(Message edited by breadbutta on June 15, 2006)

(Message edited by breadbutta on June 15, 2006)
Old    swass            06-15-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
This is a little disappointing. Either help the guy or don't, but there's no need to make fun of him for trying to converse in a language that is not his own. Can any of you read, write or speak Russian? No? Didn't think so. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-15-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
Swass: How do you spell hyopcrite?
Old    swass            06-15-2006, 2:09 PM Reply   
You're close: hypocrite.

At least you didn't use an apostrophe.

Would you care to explain yourself?

(Message edited by swass on June 15, 2006)
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-16-2006, 2:00 AM Reply   
Come on guys. I think Vlad should be the only judge of everyone's response for his request for help. Honestly, I don't think anyone on here replied with malicious intent. In fact, I'm willing to bet if our good friend/comrade Vlad payed the US a visit he would certainly be welcome in many of our boats, that is if he leaves the hammock at home...
Old    bocephus            06-16-2006, 7:24 AM Reply   
Cool!
Upload
Upload
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-16-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
two guys in banana hammocks dragging their buddy to shore because he is to big to get into the boat? Sorry, thats funny as hell.
Old    swass            06-16-2006, 7:43 AM Reply   
Fair enough, JHG.

Grant, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'm a bit curious why you think I'm a hypocrite.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-19-2006, 8:53 AM Reply   
**I think this thread has taken a turn for the worst**
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-19-2006, 9:03 AM Reply   
Why do I feel like I am on wakeboarder.com??????

Either help the guy out or don't post. Man, some of you are harsh. The guy just needed some advice.
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-19-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
4) Why are you towing your commrade beneath the water?

That is the best thing I have ever read on this website. So subtle yet of a question, but something every single one of us was thinking. Great usage of the word Commrade, way to refresh my foreign memory.
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-20-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
Thanks Ryan, some light humor with your caviar and champagne?

Has anyone watched the 'Space Race' on Discovery? I love that stuff.
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-20-2006, 9:14 PM Reply   
http://www.freetranslation.com/ help a brotha out and post in russian to english or english to russian
Это напоминает лодку(теплоход) от Джеймса Бонда

holy crap russian looks crazy
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-20-2006, 9:19 PM Reply   
I dont know why Bruce but it reminds me of the 007 movies. Commrade...i love it!
Old    bocephus            06-20-2006, 10:54 PM Reply   
Hey Vladimir,

Check out this site, they should have everything that you need to do the conversion.

http://www.stainless-hinges.com/

Just make sure to hinge the door so that it swings out and not in, that way it will stay closed when you are moving forward.

Anyone know a source for the little black plastic deals that keep the door closed on the inside of the door, I haven't found them yet.

I don't know how the process would work for you getting the parts, you probably have them locally too. If you don't and can't get the website to send them to you and accept payment let us know I think some wakeworlders might be able to help with that.
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-21-2006, 7:20 AM Reply   
I would like to know more about the big boy that is body surfing 80 feet back 2 feet under that is a classic photo , the boat has a ladder there has to be more to the story than couldnt get up can you say POPOV . anybody who will post a shot in a banana hammock dragin his buddy in two feet under has got to be good people . Good luck with the windscreen mate .