Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-21-2014, 11:41 AM Reply   
Sadly I don't think I will be able to ever afford one although I love the wake on my A24! My friend is looking at buying a slightly used one and also a G23. The 21 fits his size more but he wanted to know about the wake mainly. Im sure everyone will say go demo one but sadly he said he is not getting in the water for the rest of the year and the nearest dealer is like 2.5 hours from his house. Can anyone share their opinion of the wake compared to a G23 or A24 or 2003+ Xstar? Photos? Havent seen much talk online of them since they came out as far as wake performance.
Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-21-2014, 1:06 PM Reply   
He'll love it. Some will say that it has a little bit more of a lip on it when compared to a 23, but you can drop the NCRS from 5 to 4 or 3 to mellow out the lip if it's not to your liking. Other than that, it is very similar to the g23. If you don't need the 2 extra feet, the g21 is the way to go. Also, it'll save you 15-17k right off the bat due the the limited number of used 23s with a 409 engine.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       10-21-2014, 1:25 PM Reply   
Its incredible. Same size, firmness as the 23, just a bit more lip.
No comparison to any other boat - The only comparisons to the G wake is another G.
Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-21-2014, 6:48 PM Reply   
If he likes STEEP wakes, this is the ticket.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-22-2014, 6:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_young View Post
If he likes STEEP wakes, this is the ticket.
I don't find the G wake all that steep.. it's not as rampy as a Malibu, but not super steep. A 210, on the other hand.. THAT is steep.
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-22-2014, 7:14 AM Reply   
i can only compare the wake of a G21 against a 2008 Supra 21V and its a huge difference. Unbelievable how much progression all the companies did in the last 6 years.

First, the G21 Wake is more customizable, with empty ballast and slower speed, the wakeboard wake is more beginner friendly, with full ballast the wake is awesome, maybe on the steeper side but you will have a smile in the face when your in the air ;-).

Don't have to talk about the surf wake, another league against the 2008 Boat i had before.

There are some things i don't like too much.. like the spray on the side, or that stopping the boat with full ballast is tricky, its easy to get some gallons over the transom.

I had to choose between a used G21 and a new 22 VLX, and at the end only small things made the difference.

You can't go wrong with any of the newer boats.
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-22-2014, 7:18 AM Reply   
the G21 wake is an exact fusion of the g23 and the old 210, basically: G23 size, with old 210 steepness. I rode it in deepish water (~12-15 ft) with stock ballast and people, and it was easily the biggest and steepest wake i have ever ridden (two other times i rode the G23 were in 6ft deep water, great shape but size was limited, and nationals when they were in cincy).

its the only wake I can remember where i was actually a little afraid to cut in at it as hard as I could. im not sure what the NCS or whatever was set at, but it sounds like it was at the steepest setting. it was an incredible wake, with even more punt than the G23. Significantly more boot than the new xstar too IMO.

It was without a doubt one of my favorite wakes of all time, but that being said it might take a few sets to get used to. Would love another go at it, perhaps even with a less steep setting on the NCS or whatever system they have.

two thumbs way up for the G21!
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       10-22-2014, 7:49 AM Reply   
I have yet to ride behind a G21, but I have ridden behind multiple G23 and a G25. Comparing those two boats I prefer the G23 wake more. I own a 2003 SANTE and LOVE the super steep, abrupt kick of that wake. The G23 is more mellow than that, but has a nice kick in the pants right at the top that mimics the older Legacy wake. The G25 I rode didn't have that kick though. It was basically the same wake without the boot at the top. If the G21 wake goes the other direction I would have to say it will have great kick at the top, but still be a smooth transition up the wake. Everything I've read about it seems to agree with my assumption. Hopefully I will get a pull behind a G21 soon as I really want to feel the difference... Not that I will ever afford one.
Old     (jrichard)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-22-2014, 9:42 AM Reply   
I've ridden both. Compared to the G23, the G21 is steeper with a shorter transition. I'd judge size to be similar...perhaps a little bigger with the G23, though it's very hard to say because of the different shapes.

I thought I'd like the G21 more because I'd read it's steeper and that's generally my preference (I used to have the old 210 and loved it)...but after riding both, I found I preferred the G23 because the longer transition is easier on landing. On approach, it is still steep at the top, but not as steep as the G21. If you know you like steep, the G21 is the way to go....otherwise, the G23. Between the two, it's definitely personal preference.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       10-22-2014, 9:45 AM Reply   
https://www.facebook.com/ShaunMurray...type=1&theater

stock weight, 3 people in the boat
Attached Images

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-22-2014, 9:54 AM Reply   
How tall is that tower in the pic above? Almost looks like they are being pulled by a cable.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-22-2014, 10:34 AM Reply   
Maybe the boat is driving thru the cable park? huh something weird...Look at the sign...

Orlando Watersports Complex OWC is set up with two full size cable systems, a two-tower system and a boat lake.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-22-2014, 11:47 AM Reply   
It's in the boat lake. I just rode behind a G23 that a guy on my lake who unfortunately doesn't wakeboard has. The wake is freak'n awesome. What I loved about it is that it isn't steep, but it's huge. Like hitting an XL Kicker at the park. I just told him 23mph, intermediate wake setting, and used a 65' rope. Best pull I ever had. I'd go to 70' most likely if I have the chance to hit it more.
Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-22-2014, 6:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggator View Post
I don't find the G wake all that steep.. it's not as rampy as a Malibu, but not super steep. A 210, on the other hand.. THAT is steep.
I don't find the 23 steep. The 21 on the other hand feels like an oversized 210 wake.
Old     (AZShreds)      Join Date: Aug 2014       11-11-2014, 10:17 AM Reply   
I had the pleasure of dragging Kyle Rattray around for a few hours behind a G21 at Lake Pleasant in AZ. We rode the boat Stock full on "Wake Pro" Setting. "Wake Pro" sets the NCRS plate at "5".. This setting was giving Kyle the biggest and hardest lip the boat will provide, so much in fact that he asked that I kick down NCRS to "3" to mellow it out a bit. It was at this time that I was convinced, the G21 is the baddest on the water! There is no Axis that will come close to throwing a G wake..