Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-21-2012, 7:24 PM Reply   
Hey guys i had the opportunity to test a 21 foot MB Tomcat today!

all i have to say is wow! the wakeboard wake on this machine is phenomenal!

if you guys haven't gotten on one of these boats yet you are missing out!

Brian Sasser from Texas Mastercraft took me for a drive and set on Lake Austin today behind this beauty

Stock ballast is 2400lbs! it filled in less than a minute! drained in like 30 Seconds! Pump free!

dash is basic with no lcd screen and comes standard with zero off PP and wetsounds! the graphics are awesome especially because they arent vinyl stickers. the motor looks easy to work on because theres not a mess of pumps behind it. plenty of seating and storage. platform is high out of the water.

MB boats are definitely the best bang for the buck! i feel like i was more impressed with this boat than any other manufacturer.

Thanks again to Brian Sasser and Texas Mastercraft for putting on their in water boat show on lake Austin.

i hope this winds up in my driveway one day

Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-21-2012, 7:47 PM Reply   
Agree 100% The MB Tomcat is pound for pound the best boat out. Fit and finish is top notch even without all the pointless bling that jacks up the price. That Green/Black color scheme is bad a$$!! Just one thing though... The 21 foot comes with 1800lbs stock ballast and the 23ft has 2400lbs...Unless they changed it in the 2012's and haven't updated their website.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-21-2012, 8:29 PM Reply   
I've never seen the bimini flipped up backwards (?) like that.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-21-2012, 8:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanw209 View Post
Agree 100% The MB Tomcat is pound for pound the best boat out. Fit and finish is top notch even without all the pointless bling that jacks up the price. That Green/Black color scheme is bad a$$!! Just one thing though... The 21 foot comes with 1800lbs stock ballast and the 23ft has 2400lbs...Unless they changed it in the 2012's and haven't updated their website.
yea my bad i totally got mixed up we looked at a few on the dock, but only wakeboarded behind this one i think you are correct about the weight.

there were some other color options available but this was definitely the flashiest
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-21-2012, 9:30 PM Reply   
JB, please tell me you have some footage of you riding behind this tomcat!
Old     (sandaddiction)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-21-2012, 9:35 PM Reply   
How fast are these boats, someone told me they are slower than most and dogs in the water
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-21-2012, 9:44 PM Reply   
no footy today, but if i can get the right price il be ridin behind this thing all the time. i seriously underestimated these boats cause they are badasss! im sooo ready to move away from my direct drive. i want this boat bad
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-22-2012, 12:09 AM Reply   
JB, I know what is running through your head. It happened to me too.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-22-2012, 2:51 AM Reply   
Wow this is big news somebody test drove an MB and liked it? It been over 2 days since MB was brought up at least it on its own thread this time. Come on boys there may be at least one person that doesn't know MB is the best boat and only cost 50 k.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-22-2012, 3:19 AM Reply   
The boat looks good.The graphics remind me of Mastercraft.The MB's i've ridden behind were older [2007]but they had great wakes also.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-22-2012, 6:59 AM Reply   
JB I plan to go ride this in the spring with Brian , can you give some more info on riding this wake? How fast did you ride? Rope length? Etc..
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-22-2012, 7:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
Wow this is big news somebody test drove an MB and liked it? It been over 2 days since MB was brought up at least it on its own thread this time. Come on boys there may be at least one person that doesn't know MB is the best boat and only cost 50 k.
I know you are being very sarcastic, but i did not say this was the "best" boat. I think this boat is the best boat for the price, and I was very impressed with it. No other company seemed to have all the things i wanted at this price. I have ridden every other manufacturers top of the line wakeboat, stock and slammed, and the wake on this boat was very competitive.
Old     (Guitarcrazy)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-22-2012, 9:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
This just in! Someone posts reply to thread with absolutely nothing to add! We'll keep you updated as the situation progresses!
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-22-2012, 9:23 AM Reply   
After being at the boat show lastnight (no MB's there)and seeing many different boats in a short amount of time. Having spent some time on a MB last summer. HANDS DOWN, most room behind the windshield in any 21-22 foot boat. AND the interior is top notch compared to what you find in the other offerings in its price range. a "boxy" interior just bothers me. Spreading the MB love... sorry if anyone is butt hurt over it.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-22-2012, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
wow this is big news somebody test drove an mb and liked it? It been over 2 days since mb was brought up at least it on its own thread this time. Come on boys there may be at least one person that doesn't know mb is the best boat and only cost 50 k.
100% rude.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-22-2012, 12:30 PM Reply   
Don't mind Mr. Hunter. He's a Nautique lover and gets cranky when he sees people getting more boat for $30k less.

Each new MB post on WW is like salt in a deep wound for this guy.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-22-2012, 12:32 PM Reply   
I can't wait to see what the local dealer has in sock for the UT Boat Show. Reboats in UT seem to really be pushing these boats out the door. Hope to see a ton more MB's at the local lakes. Now just to teach them all how to drive so we all can enjoy this sick ass wake!
This pic is behind the MB F21 with stock ballast, 450 in the nose, and 4 adults in the boat. 2012 is going to be all MB!
Name:  IMG_1053.jpg
Views: 4934
Size:  52.3 KB
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-22-2012, 1:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Don't mind Mr. Hunter. He's a Nautique lover and gets cranky when he sees people getting more boat for $30k less.

Each new MB post on WW is like salt in a deep wound for this guy.
Its weird, every Nautique owner I have talked to has said he is an extremely nice guy, and he even invited me out for a ride on his 210 when he lived in the Midwest. His posts on here really don't show that side though.

I'm a huge Nautique fan, but the reality is for the common boater they have priced themselves out of the market. If someone like MB, Tige, etc can come along and give a similar build quality at 75-80% of the price, to me thats good for anyone in the market for a well built tow boat. The MB love on this site tends to get a bit ridiculous though.

Last edited by MattieK27; 01-22-2012 at 1:20 PM.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-22-2012, 1:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
The MB love on this site tends to get a bit ridiculous though.
Don't knock it till you try it.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-22-2012, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter660 View Post
Don't knock it till you try it.
I think this is the kind of stuff that get people agitated about MB on this site. Literally one sentence before the one you quoted I paid MB a big compliment. Yet you choose to ignore that and act like I'm knocking the brand. Thank you for proving my point.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-22-2012, 1:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
I think this is the kind of stuff that get people agitated about MB on this site. Literally one sentence before the one you quoted I paid MB a big compliment. Yet you choose to ignore that and act like I'm knocking the brand. Thank you for proving my point.
Well I did quote you, but my post was not directed at you. I just don't understand why people on this site talk trash about boats they have never been behind, on, or even seen in person.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-22-2012, 2:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyBunch View Post
JB I plan to go ride this in the spring with Brian , can you give some more info on riding this wake? How fast did you ride? Rope length? Etc..
the wake was great, nice and big! the shape was half way between a 230 and a star. i dont know what speed but i rode 75 feet, but the wake was clean all the way back to 85.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-22-2012, 2:20 PM Reply   
we went back to check the boats out today, i think we will eventually end up getting one but we are still working on prices, and trade in value
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-22-2012, 4:01 PM Reply   
JB
I'm sorry you got caught up in in the MB lovers war .The fact is I think They are probably a pretty good boat. I think you will be happy with it. It gets a little aggravating being told how much better they are on almost every thread. Give it a rest guys its good to have a hot fudge sundae but not 10 a day every day.
By the way I also own a Supra and there is room in the barn for one more maybe a MB?
Matt they are right I am a nice guy.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-22-2012, 6:53 PM Reply   
Mike,

You might be surprised but I agree with you... Sometimes the MB hype is too much, which is why I don't post anymore (even though I love my MB). I wasn't going to post in this thread either, until I read your stupid ass post.

The problem with your first post is that this thread is NOT from the usual MB faithful. This is from a guy that legitimately demo'd a boat and innocently came here to post about his experience (complete with pics). Thats what WW is all about! We all love demo/new boat threads of all makes and models. Your reply makes it seem like the whole thing is some sort of conspiracy.

Bottom line.... You called foul on the wrong guy in the wrong thread. Save it for the really obnoxious threads. Or better yet, keep your mouth shut until you actually have seen and ridden behind a new MB.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-22-2012, 10:44 PM Reply   
The direction this thread took without provocation is really quite sad.
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-23-2012, 4:31 AM Reply   
love that color combo with those rims
Old     (sandaddiction)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-23-2012, 5:33 AM Reply   
What is Texas Mastercraft selling that MB for?
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-23-2012, 6:14 AM Reply   
DBC
Just when I thought we were going to get along you had to muck it up. You are right about pissing on JB thread but I didn't need you to bring that to my attention since I already apologized to JB . I never threw rocks at MB unlike the boulders thrown at the big three .You know I was more excited about MB before WW became the MB fan club.You have set the bar pretty high I hope MB lives up to all the hype. I will no longer post anything concerning MB if that is what you want . I think you will find having a one sided threads will get pretty boring . I hope the members will remember I have the same fondness for my brands and show the same consideration for them.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-23-2012, 6:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
DBC
Just when I thought we were going to get along you had to muck it up. You are right about pissing on JB thread but I didn't need you to bring that to my attention since I already apologized to JB . I never threw rocks at MB unlike the boulders thrown at the big three .You know I was more excited about MB before WW became the MB fan club.You have set the bar pretty high I hope MB lives up to all the hype. I will no longer post anything concerning MB if that is what you want . I think you will find having a one sided threads will get pretty boring . I hope the members will remember I have the same fondness for my brands and show the same consideration for them.
Mhunter i wouldn't worry too much about what happens in these threads.People are who they are.I try to be positive and help others,but frequently get thrown under the bus.Sometimes the bus backs up while i'm still down.I just get back up,wipe myself off and "Look both ways"before i cross that street again.LOL I've seen your posts and i know your one of the good and positive members...............Carry on!
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-23-2012, 7:30 AM Reply   
I am just not a fan of the tower, the small sun pad, the pronounced pickle fork or the graphics package (or that particular green color).

I'm sure it's a great boat, but just doesn't give me that fuzzy feeling.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-23-2012, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudontn View Post
I am just not a fan of the tower, the small sun pad, the pronounced pickle fork or the graphics package (or that particular green color).

I'm sure it's a great boat, but just doesn't give me that fuzzy feeling.
I really like the new MB Graphics, my dealer also sells MB, I crawled around in a few and thought they were really nice boats with a great pricepoint. However, I wish they would update there tower, bimini size and increase the size of there storage lockers and sunpad area. In my opinion, the tower looks outdated and when I grabbed one at the dealer felt unstable and not solid. The storage lockers are very small and will not accomodate accessories that will fit in other boats. There is also not much area to lounge on on the sunpad area... to some these are not relevant or important, to others it might be a factor when purchasing.

I enjoy seeing the MB and Tige' posts and builds, after ordering a new boat last year, it really is a cool experience and I can see why others are wanting to share.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-23-2012, 10:02 AM Reply   
Huh? Were you looking at a current model MB? The bimini is huge, and the lockers are cavernous. I stuffed several surfboards and a kneeboard in the back lockers. They're also significantly deeper than most boats. The tower is a bit dated for some, but it's rock solid. Zero shake over the rollers. The sun pad is a bit smaller, but I prefer the added seating room. We ride, we don't sun bathe.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-23-2012, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuneman View Post
Huh? Were you looking at a current model MB? The bimini is huge, and the lockers are cavernous. I stuffed several surfboards and a kneeboard in the back lockers. They're also significantly deeper than most boats. The tower is a bit dated for some, but it's rock solid. Zero shake over the rollers. The sun pad is a bit smaller, but I prefer the added seating room. We ride, we don't sun bathe.
There's the MB response we all have grown to love...
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-23-2012, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
For example, look at the guy standing on the platform in relation to the sunpad real estate. There's barely enough room for a normal sized person to lay down. And if the person wanted to lay down they'll invariably be laying on the hatch releases. I'd rather they shave off the two feet wasted off the bow and add that to the transom, or draw the stern straighter up rather than the stepped-out transom.

That and a penny will buy a delicious coffee.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-23-2012, 10:48 AM Reply   
How many more inches of sunpad would you want? Another 6"? Another 12" And, would you like to give up the center seating space to get it?

For me, the answer is "optimize for what I use more" so I dig the MB sunpad which brings me the massive seating area.

Different strokes for different folks.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-23-2012, 10:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
The lockers on my 23 won't swallow a BIG surfboard like the IS Blue Lake, but pretty much anything smaller it will. I put two surfboards (skim style boards, stacked) on one side and one on the other (surf style).

Having come from an illusion tower, with it's low headroom and even lower speaker mounting positions, I really appreciate the high and traditional position of the MB tower. I'm with tuneman on the stability -- it really is a stable tower. Fman, makes me wonder if the one you shook wasn't tightened up properly?

I've got my minor gripes about the boat, but the tower and extra room in the boat at the "expense" of the sunpad are not among them.

Quote:
I'd rather they shave off the two feet wasted off the bow and add that to the transom, or draw the stern straighter up rather than the stepped-out transom.
That's a really good observation... the small(er) sunpad is really more of a style issue than it is about "creating room in the boat." The transom slopes in toward the boat above the rub rail. The rear compartments under the rub rail go all the way to the transom (hope that makes sense). The sunpad could be bigger if the transom went straight up above the rub rail.

That part is all moot to me. If I wanted a boat to sunbathe on, I'd have bought a deck boat.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-23-2012, 11:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandaddiction View Post
What is Texas Mastercraft selling that MB for?
I can tell you why. I am an MC owner well a 2002 xstar and have talked with my dealer about boats and MC etc. This is pretty much an exact quote. MC asks them what they can do for the dealers and the he said build us a less expensive boat! Right from his mouth. So having a solid boat at a more manageable price that they can probably sell 3 or 4 to 1. I am sure profit margin is not the same but this type of thing helps with cash flow and probably easier sells. Once you sell a boat you typically get SERVICE. Oil changes stupid mistakes by boat owners. So yeah they are making less margins but they are making NEW customers they would have lost to moomba, axis, or other MB dealer. If I was an MC owner I would pick up one of those three brands.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-23-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Thats funny, I thought I mentioned to some people this is a priority, to others its not. I put 142 hours on my boat last season, we ride as well, but we also lounge with the family at times and my wife likes to layout with the kids on the sun deck.

In comparison to the Malibu VLX lockers they seem smaller, and shorter in length with less room when opened. I never measured them, this is what I observed visually. In my opinion, the MB bimini design, and tower do not compare to the Malibu. I did not want to throw out other brands in this post, but this is the boat I own and what I was comparing the MB with. Maybe the tower was loose or not tightened all the way, but in my opinion, it did not even come close to solidness, and style of the new G3 tower on the Malibu. I weigh 200 lbs and can do pull ups on it all day and it never budges. Not to mention the quad board racks that are available of the G3 to hold a ton of gear. I just wish MB would look at other options for tower designs.

Just my opinion, these are observations I noticed... I have never spent a day out in the MB on the lake, only kicking tires while at the dealership. I was looking at the 21' MB widebody, which is a similar size to the VLX.... not sure how the larger boats compare. Again, I think the MB is a great boat, and every boat will have items people like and dislike.

Maybe I am different, but if someone dislikes something about my boat I purchased, I could really care less, because it works for me and our boating lifestyle. It is just an opinion, and this is the reason there are many options for people when purchasing a boat. And no, I dont think the Malibu is a perfect boat either, I have some items I would change.

Last edited by fman; 01-23-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-23-2012, 11:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
The lockers on my 23 won't swallow a BIG surfboard like the IS Blue Lake, but pretty much anything smaller it will. I put two surfboards (skim style boards, stacked) on one side and one on the other (surf style).

Having come from an illusion tower, with it's low headroom and even lower speaker mounting positions, I really appreciate the high and traditional position of the MB tower. I'm with tuneman on the stability -- it really is a stable tower. Fman, makes me wonder if the one you shook wasn't tightened up properly?

I've got my minor gripes about the boat, but the tower and extra room in the boat at the "expense" of the sunpad are not among them.

That's a really good observation... the small(er) sunpad is really more of a style issue than it is about "creating room in the boat." The transom slopes in toward the boat above the rub rail. The rear compartments under the rub rail go all the way to the transom (hope that makes sense). The sunpad could be bigger if the transom went straight up above the rub rail.

That part is all moot to me. If I wanted a boat to sunbathe on, I'd have bought a deck boat.
Shawn, I was referring to comparison of the G3 Tower, not the Illusion. I am 6' 1" and can walk under the G3 with bimini up and have no problems of having to bend over. Again, these were just items I noticed, but its just my opinion.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-23-2012, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
There's the MB response we all have grown to love...
LOL, I hate to say it, but I think you are correct! but hey, you gotta love people who cheer for there brand!
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-23-2012, 1:46 PM Reply   
I'm really liking the MB...especially the 23 TWB but i hope MB does a more sculpted tower for 2013 or at least have an option for a traditional tube tower and a more scultped tower that would fit the boat's lines.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-23-2012, 2:22 PM Reply   
MB released this peak at their new 24 foot tomcat mold on facebook today.

I look forward to checking out this boat in person soon!
Attached Images

Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-23-2012, 3:21 PM Reply   
looks like the pickle will be a lot more subtle than the f23, so far, i like it. are they ditching the f23 then?
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-23-2012, 3:26 PM Reply   
That looks huge
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       01-23-2012, 3:27 PM Reply   
F23 is being replaced with the F24.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-23-2012, 11:25 PM Reply   
This entire "picklefork" concept is to widen the bow without looking like a deck boat.

Function: make bow wide.
Fashion: make wide bow boat look unlike a deck boat.

My preference on pickled boats is for the "tines" of the fork to be small, short and pointed. In this regard, I really like what Tige is doing these days.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-24-2012, 4:11 AM Reply   
if someone broke into MB and saw that I'm pretty sure they'd be convinced MB builds the batwing.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-24-2012, 4:52 AM Reply   
Those are some BIG pickles!!
Old     (holmes)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-24-2012, 6:18 AM Reply   
JB, any interior pics? Good luck on the purchase!!!
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-24-2012, 6:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fman View Post
LOL, I hate to say it, but I think you are correct! but hey, you gotta love people who cheer for there brand!
Woo, hoo! I'll cheer for MB all day long, and I don't even own one, yet....
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-24-2012, 8:10 AM Reply   
Interior of MB at Hula Hut...
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-24-2012, 11:05 AM Reply   
Green with envy!
Old     (sandaddiction)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-24-2012, 6:07 PM Reply   
How does the interior size of the MB21 compare to the Supreme V226?
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-24-2012, 9:19 PM Reply   
is the v226 a 22'6" by chance? cuz an mb f21 has the interior space of a 25 foot boat

and the ballast fills and empties in less than.....
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-24-2012, 9:41 PM Reply   
"green with envy" is so fitting.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-25-2012, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Woo, hoo! I'll cheer for MB all day long, and I don't even own one, yet....
Isnt that yours for sale on OIB?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-25-2012, 11:02 AM Reply   
That green is for sure a different color than normal and I kind of dig it. How about this one that came up in our local ads here in UT? Flake on the nose? I thought it only came on the X...
Name:  15001323.jpg
Views: 3104
Size:  42.8 KB
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-25-2012, 11:09 AM Reply   
The metal flake on the nose isn't for me I would have left it white. IMO it reminds me of a bass boat.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-25-2012, 11:17 AM Reply   
Two of my favorites so far... I like the powder coated towers and multi-colored interiors...
Attached Images

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-25-2012, 11:23 AM Reply   
That black and red is really popular from the posts that I have seen. I kind of dig the flake, or just a different color on the nose. Just something different that adds to the design. The power coated tower is so good looking...
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-25-2012, 11:25 AM Reply   
The first one that's black, white and red with black tower made me drool!!!
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-25-2012, 11:33 AM Reply   
Say a man wanted to order one like what's pictured above. What we talking? Mid to high 40's? 50's? 60's? I guess also depending on what your dealer is willing to work out?
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-25-2012, 12:02 PM Reply   
From what I know Chase, you're looking at mid to high $50s. A higher volume dealer like Texas MC may be selling them for less? Nevertheless, its a bargain in today's world!

Last edited by wakecumberland; 01-25-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       01-25-2012, 12:06 PM Reply   
that second black/red is tough!
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-25-2012, 12:07 PM Reply   
I sure wish I could have been working and the age I am now about 10 years ago haha I'd be sitting in a new tomcat for like 30k :P
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-25-2012, 12:08 PM Reply   
I really like the black towers, but guess they get hot like anything else black.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-25-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
Jon I have a black powder coated tower it does not seem to get as hot as the black top deck. I am guessing the aluminum tower does not retain heat like everything else. The black top deck on my boat will get you if you put your arm on that black gunnel in the Texas heat.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-25-2012, 12:32 PM Reply   
All the Texas MC MB's are very nice! Powdercoat is the way to go... i know i've posted it lots of times and it's not even an F21 but....
Attached Images

Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-25-2012, 12:35 PM Reply   
^^^^best and classiest color combo ive ever seen on MB
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-25-2012, 12:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandaddiction View Post
How does the interior size of the MB21 compare to the Supreme V226?
I have put right around 100 hrs on both, the 226 give more space in front of the drivers seat, the F21 has more everywhere else, the quality fit and finish, handling, and ease (cost) of service go to MB, but everyone knew that was coming from a guy that sells them right ? Apples to apples you should compare the V226 to a MB 23 B52 where the B52 is 6inches bigger and the F21 is a foot and a half less.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-25-2012, 1:15 PM Reply   
Looking at Ian's and thinking about the nose flake one... What if you powder coated the sides white and left to tower itself the same color... Anybody have pics of this process or idea?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-25-2012, 1:43 PM Reply   
I'll take a B52 over the Tomcat anyday! I just like the traditional pointed bow better. Havent warmed up to the pickles yet. I have rode behind a B52 (wakeboarding) and can truely say the wake is awesome!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-25-2012, 2:00 PM Reply   
I bought a 21WB over the F21 because...

1) the cabin is wider in the WB.
2) the bow difference is minor and hardly used.
3) I prefer smaller understated pickles like you find on Tige boats.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-25-2012, 2:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter660 View Post
I really like the black towers, but guess they get hot like anything else black.
I've got a black tower on my Sanger. Never even notice it getting hot.

Ian - WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY nicer than the white with strange orange graphics one you had.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-25-2012, 2:40 PM Reply   
So what's the price difference in the 21WB and the F21? Are the wakes identical?
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       01-25-2012, 2:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
So what's the price difference in the 21WB and the F21? Are the wakes identical?
Price should be roughly the same, and the wakes are identical
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-25-2012, 2:46 PM Reply   
21WB vs F21. Same price. Same wake. Take your pick.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       01-25-2012, 3:08 PM Reply   
For whatever it is worth (I'm guessing not much) the 21 WB is $1500 cheaper than the F21 with identical options at my local dealer.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       01-25-2012, 4:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtxmc View Post
Two of my favorites so far... I like the powder coated towers and multi-colored interiors...
The black red and white are awesome. I think that is one of the shapest looking boats that I have seen on wakeworld. I am not a huge fan of X graphic, but that one stands out from all the rest. Classic colors that will stand up against the trends of the future.